Puppy Love... (H) v Donny. 8pm Tues 20/Aug/2019 : CANCELLED

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Puppy Love... (H) v Donny. 8pm Tues 20/Aug/2019

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:42 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:37 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:15 pm
We haven't conceded at home all season.

...and we still won't have come Saturday.

We may end up the last club in the league with a home clean sheet record!
Will the last club in the league please turn out the lights when you leave...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Puppy Love... (H) v Donny. 8pm Tues 20/Aug/2019 : CANCELLED

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:44 pm

Feel for any fans who have bought train tickets. Won’t get that back.

Feel for my club though. This is starting to feel final.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:45 pm

It's damn bad form for us to unilaterally cancel the fixture without advising Doncaster or the EFL. My concern is now we've done that, the EFL won't just allow us to pick up again on saturday & play the kids against Ipswich. Seems more likely that we get served notice like Bury.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:50 pm

Maybe serving a notice is the kick up the arse administrators / parties need to get it sorted?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:52 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:50 pm
Maybe serving a notice is the kick up the arse administrators / parties need to get it sorted?
They've been kicked up the arse several times. They clearly don't give 1 feck. What do they have to lose?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:58 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:52 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:50 pm
They've been kicked up the arse several times. They clearly don't give 1 feck. What do they have to lose?
The indecision over whether to shit or get off the pot.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:53 am

Serious question: Has there ever been a shemozzle such as our current state for any English side ever?

This is third world stuff... Sad days indeed.

Earlier I suggested we may 'do a Leeds" with a back-to-back double relegation. Some fellow posters said that was far fetched, but it really looks like the best case scenario at the moment...

When I started supporting this team they were in the top half of the premier league, now I've somehow run them into the ground...
What could've happened; did.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:58 am

mullayo wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:53 am
Serious question: Has there ever been a shemozzle such as our current state for any English side ever?

This is third world stuff... Sad days indeed.

Earlier I suggested we may 'do a Leeds" with a back-to-back double relegation. Some fellow posters said that was far fetched, but it really looks like the best case scenario at the moment...

When I started supporting this team they were in the top half of the premier league, now I've somehow run them into the ground...
I knew there was somebody I could blame!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

dormebwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dormebwfc » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:17 am

Really is a sad state of affairs at the moment, feel extremely sorry for anyone associated with the club. Scary times indeed.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:27 am

Looks like opposition fans have empathy as long as we allow them to demolish the young team in a game and the hop along with the 3 points.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:30 am

Tell me this is wrong. In retrospect, Eddie Davies didn't sell the club for no reason. Our problems (of our own making) started way back. This lot today is not the fault of here and now but a result of bad handling from a fair old while ago. We were already deep into debt to E.D when Sam was claiming we had no ambition. Truth is, we had no money even then except Eddie's bankrolling. K.A and Barsini and co are just piranhas attracted by the smell of blood and trying to take a big bite before the pie is scoffed. Football, what's that got to do with it? We owe Eddie Davies a huge debt, but all good things come to an end. Quo Vadis is an unanswerable question right now.

p.s..this can be ignored as just a N.S.S pxxsed off ramble....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:39 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:30 am
Tell me this is wrong. In retrospect, Eddie Davies didn't sell the club for no reason. Our problems (of our own making) started way back. This lot today is not the fault of here and now but a result of bad handling from a fair old while ago. We were already deep into debt to E.D when Sam was claiming we had no ambition. Truth is, we had no money even then except Eddie's bankrolling. K.A and Barsini and co are just piranhas attracted by the smell of blood and trying to take a big bite before the pie is scoffed. Football, what's that got to do with it? We owe Eddie Davies a huge debt, but all good things come to an end. Quo Vadis is an unanswerable question right now.

The level of debt we were left with after Eddie Davies was not dissimilar to the level of debt we had before he joined the Board. We were in a similar situation - the only difference is that the incoming owner (ED) had money.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:54 am

Marc Iles reporting that the club are playing top trumps will rules. According to Premier League rules the U23s and U18s can only be used for EFL games once every 7 days.

We're going to get a hammering over this.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:22 am

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:54 am
Marc Iles reporting that the club are playing top trumps will rules. According to Premier League rules the U23s and U18s can only be used for EFL games once every 7 days.

It's an interesting point - I know from my own youth-coaching experience that there are prescribed ceilings on the amount of minutes youngsters can play per week. I don't know what age that stops at but it's certainly worth mentioning in mitigation.

Interestingly, Iles says the EFL were asked to postpone and declined; then we unilaterally postponed (similar to flu-ridden Boro's pullout at Blackburn way back when, for which they were docked three points), then the EFL harrumphed that We Didn't Do It Properly. It's an interesting legal one, this.

For the record, while some were relaxed about it, I've been saying since early May that the EFL will hammer us over the Brentford no-show - in order to make an example of us (both the club for non-payment and the players for non-playment). One could argue that events since might tempt them to go easy, but now we've done it again (sort of) and the wheels are properly falling off the EFL's governance wagon.

What might save us having too harsh a penalty - and I'm still expecting at least -3pts for each of the two games - could be dear old Bury up the road, or rather the EFL's wildly differing treatments of the clubs. I sort of understand the difference - EFL trying to push our takeover through while frightening Dale out of the door - and if it had worked it would be applauded. It didn't, and now it looks daft.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:55 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:39 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:30 am

The level of debt we were left with after Eddie Davies was not dissimilar to the level of debt we had before he joined the Board. We were in a similar situation - the only difference is that the incoming owner (ED) had money.
Eddie threw millions of his own money at us only for our debts (largely owed to him) to increase each year despite TV riches going through the roof.

It's a sad legacy that in effect those millions were wasted. Gartside didn't make hay while the sun shone. For all the rightly directed ire at Anderson, Appleton, Bassini, EFL, FV etc we're where we are today due to two guys who are no longer with us.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:33 am

DJBlu wrote:

Surely the rules are there for U23 & U18 games, not players. First team games don't have the same caveats. If a player is under 23 and plays a First Team game then he abides by first team rules, I would have thought.

We are going to get a hammering, if we survive.

Cheerful days aren't they.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:33 am
DJBlu wrote:

Surely the rules are there for U23 & U18 games, not players. First team games don't have the same caveats. If a player is under 23 and plays a First Team game then he abides by first team rules, I would have thought.
In (modern) youth football, the rules are applied on birthdate, not level; so a 10-year-old prodigy playing U13 would have to abide by the rules set for his/her birthdate range, not league level. (Actually, many county FAs ban the "playing up" thing: and players who are *that* good are normally swallowed into academies anyway.)

Obviously the same might not apply once transitioned to senior level but the FA (under whose aegis the entire country still is, despite its historical enmity with the League and recent near-parricide by its bastard child the PL) have strict rules on development, so it's a good card to play. Certainly a better strategy than not telling Donny.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:07 pm

Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:02 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

In (modern) youth football, the rules are applied on birthdate, not level; so a 10-year-old prodigy playing U13 would have to abide by the rules set for his/her birthdate range, not league level. (Actually, many county FAs ban the "playing up" thing: and players who are *that* good are normally swallowed into academies anyway.)

Obviously the same might not apply once transitioned to senior level but the FA (under whose aegis the entire country still is, despite its historical enmity with the League and recent near-parricide by its bastard child the PL) have strict rules on development, so it's a good card to play. Certainly a better strategy than not telling Donny.
Worth noting that majority of these kids (all of them) are not on pro contracts. But on scholarly or development contracts.

I believe that for some were this in "term time" there are even rules about how often they can feature - due to their educational development/qualifications - I think parents would have to sign waivers for some of them. And remember they aren't 16 year old premiership starlets earning a small fortune. They are on buttons and likely some of them won't have a career in the game.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:07 pm
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:02 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

Worth noting that majority of these kids (all of them) are not on pro contracts. But on scholarly or development contracts.

I believe that for some were this in "term time" there are even rules about how often they can feature - due to their educational development/qualifications - I think parents would have to sign waivers for some of them. And remember they aren't 16 year old premiership starlets earning a small fortune. They are on buttons and likely some of them won't have a career in the game.
If they win a few games, make it or not in football, they will hold a place in folklore of Bolton and even wider in football terms.

I think the real wider question is, do we need smaller leagues in football and less spurious cup games? Perhaps a league of no more than 14 clubs is the way forward and limit matches to one a week.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:16 pm

So, in affect the E.F.L are a heartless and soulless organisation, not in place to help clubs through difficulties, but just show their authority and kick clubs like us firmly in the cobblers. No big surprise really when you think about the hierarchy the game has had with the likes of Platini and co. Anybody with half a brain can see our situation is an enforced one and not a deliberate breach of anything. Okay, we know the game itself is a total joke composed of money-rich owners, greedy managers, agents and players all who live without any loyalty and not giving a damn for anybody or anything but their own greedy selves, but we really need penalties and punishments right now like a homeless bloke needs an electric razor. Very hard to be a practising Christian when surrounded by a world of Philistines. Charity begins at home....really?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?