Let us pray it is Swords into Ploughshares: H v Ipswich 24.08.19

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Let us pray it is Swords into Ploughshares: H v Ipswich 24.08.19

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:22 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:57 pm
That was so sad.

I agree. We're absolutely clinging on at the minute, and as always, fair play to the youngsters for sticking at it, but as is evident to all who've watched us recently, we're simply not competitive and I understand why people are staying away because of it. I'm still attending out of a sense of duty, and have no intention of becoming a stay away anytime soon, though if this continues much longer I'll start to feel like a bit of mug handing over twenty quid a time to watch certain defeat.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:20 pm
Aye. People got carried away by Coventry. The kids play with pride but this team would sink straight into non league and beyond. Very difficult times. Needs people to do the right thing. But that in itself a worry.

I'm now of the mind that an ultimatum from the EFL is necessary. It could be the only thing the brings about an end to any behind the scenes gamesmanship.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:56 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:28 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:20 pm
Aye. People got carried away by Coventry. The kids play with pride but this team would sink straight into non league and beyond. Very difficult times. Needs people to do the right thing. But that in itself a worry.

I'm now of the mind that an ultimatum from the EFL is necessary. It could be the only thing the brings about an end to any behind the scenes gamesmanship.
The danger with that is that there are so many games being played with different agendas we might just end up being expelled from the league by accident as everyone expects someone else to blink.

I think broadly speaking people will know it cannot continue like this. The issue is whether they are delaying for a reason or just to be pricks.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:59 pm

For mercy's sake, will someone please end this soon?! It really isn't fair on the boys involved.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -5-ipswich
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:57 pm

We’re literally playing games to avoid a points penalty

What is the point

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:11 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:57 pm

What is the point
Yes. It's grim isn't it? I'd be sure to put a team of 15 year olds out for the ridiculous EFL trophy a week Tuesday and take the fine.

Hard as it is to watch and shell out for, these kids deserve our backing. They're working their socks off and all we can do is keep turning up and being vocal until the bean counters get it sorted. Today's attendance was pitiful but those that were there did their best.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:59 pm
For mercy's sake, will someone please end this soon?! It really isn't fair on the boys involved.

Fcuk me Jason Lowe should join the exit door.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:05 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:11 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:57 pm

What is the point
Yes. It's grim isn't it? I'd be sure to put a team of 15 year olds out for the ridiculous EFL trophy a week Tuesday and take the fine.

Hard as it is to watch and shell out for, these kids deserve our backing. They're working their socks off and all we can do is keep turning up and being vocal until the bean counters get it sorted. Today's attendance was pitiful but those that were there did their best.
Grim yes
They deserve our support 100% though - what are they getting paid? A couple of hundred quid a week on an EFL scholarship scheme? It’s fecking mental. Statistically a couple of them will be football league players - the others will end up none league or out of the game. No wonder they are getting tanked.

For the record I wasn’t there today. I was due to go Tuesday. Called off. Had a ticket for another sporting event today. Why bother when it might get called off? Will I be buying tickets next month if it’s like this? Yep. Will I continue all season? Not sure. Here’s £20 when we are losing a minimum 5-0 every week. Hmmmmm.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:07 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:01 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:59 pm

Fcuk me Jason Lowe should join the exit door.
4th and 5th are a carbon copy.

He isn't a central defender so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I really think we wouldn't have shipped this many if Edwards and Zouma had continued.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:09 pm

Edwards is a big loss, I think
Him Alongside Hobbs might be a reasonable partnership. Zouma as well, Brockbank at right back.
Lowe back in midfield...but i do think him and Murphy are going through the motions??

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:16 pm

Murphy just doesn't get football at all, imagine if it was O'Neil instead. Lowe is a leader and gives 100%, trying to do the job of 4 people without concentrating on his own. I think him and Matthews are getting just as pissed off as us.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:31 pm

Fair does. Murphy probably can’t get another gig!