Time to field the club Priest: A Vs Gillingham 31:08:19 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Time to field the club Priest: A Vs Gillingham 31:08:19 3pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:35 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:28 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:54 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:08 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:26 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:37 pm
Send for Kev Nolan, like NOW! Every team in this league are going to be chalking a mental three points against "Bolton Wanderers nil!" before they even play us. Today's Sun had a big article about our demise ever since we built the Reebok. Made sad, but true reading.
I mean, there have been some *pretty* good days since then!
Oh aye, pretty good days indeed,granted; but I'm not talking all our yesterdays or denying Burnden was falling apart at the seams when we moved. Nevertheless, overall we started good back then and last week almost got expelled from the league penniless, deep in debt,players on strike and fielding a team of willing kids. . That was the point Paul Fletcher (a very good friend of my brother) was making; the decline since. The supremos dashed in and started building Rome in Horwich. There's no point in me repeating the article, you can read that, I'm merely passing it on.
Dya have a link for the article at all TD?
Yes:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9230277/ ... rn-europe/
Ah - yes I'd seen that. But he was Chief Exec during the stadium build. He's talking about his own mistakes in stadium design.....

EDIT: Think I've seen the article you mean - not sure I agree with Paul. He makes out that when he arrived (having build Huddersfield's stadium and he arrived to project manage the new stadium build and move) that we were this hugely financially stable club. Which rather ignores we nearly went out of business a decade earlier and had a supermarket taking the place of a stand. It also ignores that he club was in debt when he arrived.

I don't think the stadium has much if anything to do with our current plight. ED as Paul says partly came on board due to the stadium and prior to ED coming in we very nearly were out of business again. I think the current issues trace back to 2005ish.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:33 pm

Might as well bosh it in here as I've mentioned it. These are the no-changey-players rules for EFL Trophy:
7.3 Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4 Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1 had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2 subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3 is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4 has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:23 pm

Unlikely to prove a problem here then for us. The kids will meet 7.4.1, the noobs 7.4.2. Though might not have all the trees registered.

With no game at the weekend I'd go full strength anyway. Kids had enough first team football for now. Get them in if they're good enough but no longer for the sake of it.

Another question is, do we have an U23s?! Half the kids who've played have been U18s.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:08 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:23 pm
Unlikely to prove a problem here then for us. The kids will meet 7.4.1, the noobs 7.4.2. Though might not have all the trees registered.

With no game at the weekend I'd go full strength anyway. Kids had enough first team football for now. Get them in if they're good enough but no longer for the sake of it.

Another question is, do we have an U23s?! Half the kids who've played have been U18s.
We do but they have a huge summer churn and ours has been ravaged by uncertainty. Would you have let your son/client sign here? Could we even sign anyone?

(I agree with the rest)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:13 pm

Ravaged By Uncertainty.
Emblazoned on a banner, elephant pascuant on a shield above.
Colours, blanc et azure.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:40 pm

Had a good day meeting up with LE & BP again. Few beers on board and some good company.

To be honest there was nothing like the amount of passion I'd expected going in but the usual top quality away support, as ever. Nice being there to usher in a new regime. No doubt if it proves to be a successful period, in years to come, I will be one of the forty thousand that attended.

Bumped into CAPSLOCK too, always nice to see him.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:27 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:40 pm
Had a good day meeting up with LE & BP again. Few beers on board and some good company.

To be honest there was nothing like the amount of passion I'd expected going in but the usual top quality away support, as ever. Nice being there to usher in a new regime. No doubt if it proves to be a successful period, in years to come, I will be one of the forty thousand that attended.

Good to see you too Enoch. There was a general 'lets get this out of the way' about the game, not the swashbuckling efforts I'd read about, but rather some overwhelmed youngsters who didn't stop running but didn't really believe and we're out if their depth. Which is understandable after recent hammerings.
Fan-wise it was more like relief at the takeover and sympathy for the youngsters plus an appreciative send off at the end. Hope the experience is good for their careers.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:31 pm

Enoch wrote:

Gee, there's a rave from the grave. Not heard mention of him in ages. Used to be on here if somewhat intermittently. Is he okay?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:00 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:31 pm
Enoch wrote:

Gee, there's a rave from the grave. Not heard mention of him in ages. Used to be on here if somewhat intermittently. Is he okay?
He looked good to me, Tango. Same as he ever was.