New ownership - Football Ventures

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1659
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 pm

New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:52 am

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... uss-plans/

- Sharon Brittan is the leader and chairwoman
- Financial backing from Nick Mason / Keith Morris
- Emma Beaugeard will be CEO
- Michael James not involved day to day
- Three year plan fully funded

Best of luck FV!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25401
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:57 am

Football Ventures you are my heroes. You have done everything correctly.

I can’t imagine anyone else sticking with us.

The staff loved you yesterday.

Your interview is absolutely spot on.

Getting things right on the pitch will be even harder than doing the deal. But we can be patient just like you were.

Thank you for saving this club. You will only be temporary custodians but what you have done will never ever be forgotten.

nelson66
Promising
Promising
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by nelson66 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:28 am

A new start - thank god
COYWM
The Whites Are Going Up 2020 :pissed: :grin:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12554
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by Hoboh » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:03 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:57 am
Football Ventures you are my heroes. You have done everything correctly.

I can’t imagine anyone else sticking with us.

The staff loved you yesterday.

Your interview is absolutely spot on.

Getting things right on the pitch will be even harder than doing the deal. But we can be patient just like you were.

Thank you for saving this club. You will only be temporary custodians but what you have done will never ever be forgotten.
Mmmmm

Bertie Wooster
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:08 am

I have to say it all sounds very positive, open & honest - a new start with sensible proper business people - I'm sure the fans will like what they hear & will get behind FV. Personally I liked the '3 year fully funded plan' and 'putting in not taking out'

Lets just all try & move on from KA and back Football Ventures to the hilt - it will take a bit of time on the pitch as BWFCI says, but if they get the right manager in who wants to try to play some decent football, I'm convinced the fans will back them in numbers, with the very difficult goal of somehow trying to stay in League 1 and then if we do who knows next season.
Last edited by Bertie Wooster on Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16680
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:34 am

The very best of luck to you. You talk a good game, and I profoundly hope you walk it too. You are the custodians of a community, of a concept, of a hope. To quote the Yeats poem very kindly read out at my wedding by William the White:
“I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.”

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8207
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:53 am

I like the noise these people are making.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25401
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:54 am

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:03 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:57 am
Football Ventures you are my heroes. You have done everything correctly.

I can’t imagine anyone else sticking with us.

The staff loved you yesterday.

Your interview is absolutely spot on.

Getting things right on the pitch will be even harder than doing the deal. But we can be patient just like you were.

Thank you for saving this club. You will only be temporary custodians but what you have done will never ever be forgotten.
Mmmmm
From what a few people I know have said and from what they've said I'm confident they are really good people. Are they rich enough to let us dream again? I suspect not. They've got a plan and will run us as best they can.

But right now having good and honest people in charge is most important - we could not afford another 2 years of nonsense under a Bassini type- it would have killed us.

We were so close to going like Bury and were it not for the way FV have behaved and acted we would have. Whatever happens now they have my eternal gratitude.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16680
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:47 am

I don’t want rich people propping it up. Look what happened last time.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35433
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:06 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:47 am
I don’t want rich people propping it up. Look what happened last time.
Absolutely. We have to run within our means. If that means pottering around in the bottom two divisions for however long then so be it. We still have a club.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25401
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:12 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:06 am
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:47 am
I don’t want rich people propping it up. Look what happened last time.
Absolutely. We have to run within our means. If that means pottering around in the bottom two divisions for however long then so be it. We still have a club.
And we only need look a few miles down the road to see why that is the case. For me Bury has put a lot into perspective.

I dare anyone to watch this without getting dust in their eyes.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1166611343765643265

That should be enough to give anyone perspective.

Enoch
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3968
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:55 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:34 am
The very best of luck to you. You talk a good game, and I profoundly hope you walk it too.

Hear, hear.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16680
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:01 pm

Fiver for the first home game (in the FL Trophy)
Bolton Wanderers get their Leasing.com Trophy campaign underway on Tuesday 3 September when they entertain Bradford City at the University of Bolton Stadium (Kick Off 7pm).

Tickets will be priced at just £5 per person and will include a complimentary four-page souvenir match day supplement as well as free car parking on the University of Bolton Stadium official car parks.

The West Stand Lower Tier will be open with supporters able to pay directly at the turnstiles. (Home Supporters will enter via Blocks A or D).

Visiting Bradford City supporters will enter via Block E of the Franking Sense South Stand.

Turnstiles will open 6.15pm.

Please note: the official matchday bus service won’t be in operation for this fixture.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm

...
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/pink-floyd ... -1-6181151

Sometime, in the nearish future, you'll all come down off the instant adrenaline hit you are on.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25401
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:09 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm
...
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/pink-floyd ... -1-6181151

Sometime, in the nearish future, you'll all come down off the instant adrenaline hit you are on.
I'm expecting to see these on sale in the club shop. Lets face it she can knit what she wants she won't be worse than the last "CEO" if that's even what you can call him.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm
...
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/pink-floyd ... -1-6181151

Sometime, in the nearish future, you'll all come down off the instant adrenaline hit you are on.
I'm expecting to see these on sale in the club shop. Lets face it she can knit what she wants she won't be worse than the last "CEO" if that's even what you can call him.
She'll be knitting fog when the money they don't have dries up.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25401
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:25 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:18 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm
...
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/pink-floyd ... -1-6181151

Sometime, in the nearish future, you'll all come down off the instant adrenaline hit you are on.
I'm expecting to see these on sale in the club shop. Lets face it she can knit what she wants she won't be worse than the last "CEO" if that's even what you can call him.
She'll be knitting fog when the money they don't have dries up.
Give it a rest. They've explicitly said they have a fully costed 3 year plan but will not be throwing money at it.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:25 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:18 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm
...
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/pink-floyd ... -1-6181151

Sometime, in the nearish future, you'll all come down off the instant adrenaline hit you are on.
I'm expecting to see these on sale in the club shop. Lets face it she can knit what she wants she won't be worse than the last "CEO" if that's even what you can call him.
She'll be knitting fog when the money they don't have dries up.
Give it a rest. They've explicitly said they have a fully costed 3 year plan but will not be throwing money at it.
You give it a rest. They won't be throwing money at it coz they haven't got any.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25401
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:41 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:31 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:25 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:18 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm
...
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/pink-floyd ... -1-6181151

Sometime, in the nearish future, you'll all come down off the instant adrenaline hit you are on.
I'm expecting to see these on sale in the club shop. Lets face it she can knit what she wants she won't be worse than the last "CEO" if that's even what you can call him.
She'll be knitting fog when the money they don't have dries up.
Give it a rest. They've explicitly said they have a fully costed 3 year plan but will not be throwing money at it.
You give it a rest. They won't be throwing money at it coz they haven't got any.
They had enough to save us. Which is all that matters.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:41 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:31 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:25 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:18 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm
...
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/pink-floyd ... -1-6181151

Sometime, in the nearish future, you'll all come down off the instant adrenaline hit you are on.
I'm expecting to see these on sale in the club shop. Lets face it she can knit what she wants she won't be worse than the last "CEO" if that's even what you can call him.
She'll be knitting fog when the money they don't have dries up.
Give it a rest. They've explicitly said they have a fully costed 3 year plan but will not be throwing money at it.
You give it a rest. They won't be throwing money at it coz they haven't got any.
They had enough to save us. Which is all that matters.
At the moment, correct, that's all that matters.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest