New ownership - Football Ventures

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:44 am
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:52 pm
I fecking love Massive Wagons

Make of that what you will. 😄
Scored tickets for their Gorilla gig (Thanks to you ;) ) 8)
Aye. Looking forward to that......

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:09 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:03 pm
£40,000,000 wow
And I was told on here by a reliable poster that FV didn't have a pot to piss in

I shouldn't get suckered in by fake news eh :lol: :spank:
Correct, never get sucked into false news.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:13 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:09 pm
nelson66 wrote:
£40,000,000 wow
And I was told on here by a reliable poster that FV didn't have a pot to piss in

I guess we all just wait for them to sell the ground and hotel like you've told us all they are definitely doing!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:13 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
nelson66 wrote:
£40,000,000 wow

I guess we all just wait for them to sell the ground and hotel like you've told us all they are definitely doing!
Yup. Have they definitely got that hotel yet?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:37 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:16 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
nelson66 wrote:
£40,000,000 wow

Yes at the same time as the club. As I was telling you for weeks would happen!

As per. https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august ... s-limited/

Despite the constant nonsense written about the hotel only FV were ever in a position to buy it. And the deal for both club and hotel were in effect treated as one deal and statements from Quantuma were "arse covering".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:37 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
nelson66 wrote:
£40,000,000 wow

Despite the constant nonsense written about the hotel only FV were ever in a position to buy it. And the deal for both club and hotel were in effect treated as one deal and statements from Quantuma were "arse covering".
The Perfection was arse covering. Specifically arse covering if it all goes tits up in future and FV weren't the 'best' bidders.
And now within hours FV owe two people money. Money which has floating charges! One of those people is the lead director and CEO of the company which now owes her money!!!! I fxcking told you FV don't have a pot to piss in, and when the evidence emerges you just dance around with your fingers in your ears chanting nah nah na nahhhh na.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:52 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
nelson66 wrote:
£40,000,000 wow

The Perfection was arse covering. Specifically arse covering if it all goes tits up in future and FV weren't the 'best' bidders.
And now within hours FV owe two people money. Money which has floating charges! One of those people is the lead director and CEO of the company which now owes her money!!!! I fxcking told you FV don't have a pot to piss in, and when the evidence emerges you just dance around with your fingers in your ears chanting nah nah na nahhhh na.
Evidence? That they secured a loan for £20M at 4% including internal funding? I'd say that completely invalidates everything you've said.

As for the perfection - that was simply to avoid a subsequent challenge from Bassini and had nothing to do with "best bidders" at all.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:52 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
nelson66 wrote:
£40,000,000 wow

Evidence? That they secured a loan for £20M at 4% including internal funding? I'd say that completely invalidates everything you've said.

As for the perfection - that was simply to avoid a subsequent challenge from Bassini and had nothing to do with "best bidders" at all.
They (Sharon Basran FV) have secured a loan from them (Sharon Basran not FV) with a floating charge {and negative pledge}.
The Perfection was Quantuma covering their arse in law.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:00 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:56 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
nelson66 wrote:
£40,000,000 wow

They (Sharon Basran FV) have secured a loan from them (Sharon Basran not FV) with a floating charge {and negative pledge}.
Its pointless trying to tell me anything about the administration because all through it you've not had a clue - seriously.

If you want to discuss FV's funding then fine - I certainly can admit I don't have a clue on their plans or financial abilties - Though you seem to have invented a new person there! But a loan at 4% for 3 years is competitive - and the fact that a consortium with wealthy individuals in it seem to have a mix of funding direct from their members and an investment firm at such a low % is not necessarily concerning at this stage. We'd need a lot more information as to their plan.

Which brings me to a more general point - should prospective football owners be forced to publish the plans they submit to the EFL? I say yes. Fans deserve to know what owners plan to do.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:00 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
nelson66 wrote:
£40,000,000 wow

Its pointless trying to tell me anything about the administration because all through it you've not had a clue - seriously.

If you want to discuss FV's funding then fine - I certainly can admit I don't have a clue on their plans or financial abilties - Though you seem to have invented a new person there! But a loan at 4% for 3 years is competitive - and the fact that a consortium with wealthy individuals in it seem to have a mix of funding direct from their members and an investment firm at such a low % is not necessarily concerning at this stage. We'd need a lot more information as to their plan.

Which brings me to a more general point - should prospective football owners be forced to publish the plans they submit to the EFL? I say yes. Fans deserve to know what owners plan to do.
Basran, typo for Brittan, but you knew that.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:00 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
nelson66 wrote:
£40,000,000 wow

Not too sure what clue you had! You told us categorically that Paul Appleton wouldn't run us once the season started... but he did.
But anyway, whatever the competitive rate is, the baseline is that Bolton Wanderers has been sold for less than a £1 with all assets now under the charge of individuals who own a company with no liabilities after screwing thousands of people out of money that was owed them, and who have security over all the assets even if they go tits up themselves. Wonderful thing, British commercial law... :roll:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:37 pm

Well what sort of utopian business funding model would you have like to have seen FV use ?

FV needed funds to complete purchase and ongoing running costs... so they lent their own money to fund a new company (one which is not likely to make a profit in the foreseeable future)
£40million says to me that our new owners have a rather large pissing pot :)

Are you suggesting that they used their own money and never expect to see any sort of return at all ?

I struggle to see your point
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:40 pm

Where else was FV meant to get cash from?
It was a new legal entitiy incorporated purely for the purpose of buying us and the hotel. The company needs cash - and oodles of it - to buy us and pay off creditors and to fund the club for the next x years. This cash has to get into FV one way or another - it hasn't got a previous trade that has built up the cash, so it gets a cash injection of £40m from 2 people. This cash injection has to either be recorded as a loan, repayable to the lenders, or as a capital injection, which is akin to a loan in any case.
The fact that a director and CEO of FV has also lent FV some cash is of no consequence - many many companies operate with director loans as a source of funding, and in investing her own money in the club she should at least have a vested interest in running it successfully.

At the end of the day, there were apparently no other interested bidders - if it wasn't FV it was goodbye Bolton. Playing devil's advocate, lets assume that FV make a fist of it, the cash runs out, and SB and t'other fella call in their security on their loans, They would end up taking the stadium and other assets and selling them to get their cash back. At that point it would be goodbye Bolton.

So essentially, worst case is we end up where we almost were, but a few years down the line. far from ideal, but ask any Bury fan right now whether they would rather have no club now, or no club in 2 years, and I bet I can guess what the preferred outcome would be. Personally I'm chuffed to bits that we still have a club to support, and willing to give a CEO who has risked 20 million sheets of her own money the benefit of the doubt and to wish her well.

It gives us a chance and a hope of a successful rebuild. the alternative was no club.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:06 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:40 pm
Where else was FV meant to get cash from?
It was a new legal entitiy incorporated purely for the purpose of buying us and the hotel. The company needs cash - and oodles of it - to buy us and pay off creditors and to fund the club for the next x years. This cash has to get into FV one way or another - it hasn't got a previous trade that has built up the cash, so it gets a cash injection of £40m from 2 people. This cash injection has to either be recorded as a loan, repayable to the lenders, or as a capital injection, which is akin to a loan in any case.
The fact that a director and CEO of FV has also lent FV some cash is of no consequence - many many companies operate with director loans as a source of funding, and in investing her own money in the club she should at least have a vested interest in running it successfully.

At the end of the day, there were apparently no other interested bidders - if it wasn't FV it was goodbye Bolton. Playing devil's advocate, lets assume that FV make a fist of it, the cash runs out, and SB and t'other fella call in their security on their loans, They would end up taking the stadium and other assets and selling them to get their cash back. At that point it would be goodbye Bolton.

So essentially, worst case is we end up where we almost were, but a few years down the line. far from ideal, but ask any Bury fan right now whether they would rather have no club now, or no club in 2 years, and I bet I can guess what the preferred outcome would be. Personally I'm chuffed to bits that we still have a club to support, and willing to give a CEO who has risked 20 million sheets of her own money the benefit of the doubt and to wish her well.

It gives us a chance and a hope of a successful rebuild. the alternative was no club.
Indeed. Except we are now run by Sharon Brittan and Mike James and one is a lifelong fan and the other seems a very good person.

We have no Ken Anderson. Though I rather think that the point is someone would rather we went bust so he could say I told you so.

But the past week has been utterly brilliant for any real fan of the club.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:13 pm

At least FV seem to have a plan outside of 'resell the club' which was seemingly Ken's only goal

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:13 pm

Interesting to hear it involves the Uni. Hope we have a plan, sports science, moneyball, whatever it is.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:45 am

Tickets for mid-Sept home games with Oxford and Sunderland announced. £20 for adults, £10 concessions. Lower tiers only.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/septem ... formation/

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:13 am

Surely the sunnerlan game will have enough interest for upper tiers? May open if enough people buy?

Still no season tickets?

I’m not weighing in on the merits of FV. I’d like to think we can make better use of the land around the ground and the suites - get fans in and drinking (spending) there rather than on middlebrook pre and post game. Increase the revenue streams.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:27 am

Ms Sharon Brittan holds 24 appointments at 24 active companies, has resigned from 6 companies and held 8 appointments at 8 dissolved companies. Their longest current appointment spans 15 years, 3 months and 29 days at CHOICE STORAGE LIMITED

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where SHARON holds a current appointment equals £6.3m, a combined total current assets value of £64.5m with a total current liabilities of £87.3m and a total current net worth of £45.8m. Roles associated with Ms Sharon Brittan within the recorded businesses include: Director, Company Secretary, Llp Designated Member
I wonder if this is where some people are getting the 'net worth' of Brittan from?

Anyway, it is all irrelevant at the moment but anyone who thinks £40 million is going to be pumped into BWFC is living on fantasy Island, unless the club was in the Prem knocking a top four slot there is no way assets or not that kind of money would be recoverable unless the 'Bok was built on top of a gold mine.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:37 am

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:27 am
Ms Sharon Brittan holds 24 appointments at 24 active companies, has resigned from 6 companies and held 8 appointments at 8 dissolved companies. Their longest current appointment spans 15 years, 3 months and 29 days at CHOICE STORAGE LIMITED

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where SHARON holds a current appointment equals £6.3m, a combined total current assets value of £64.5m with a total current liabilities of £87.3m and a total current net worth of £45.8m. Roles associated with Ms Sharon Brittan within the recorded businesses include: Director, Company Secretary, Llp Designated Member
I wonder if this is where some people are getting the 'net worth' of Brittan from?

Anyway, it is all irrelevant at the moment but anyone who thinks £40 million is going to be pumped into BWFC is living on fantasy Island, unless the club was in the Prem knocking a top four slot there is no way assets or not that kind of money would be recoverable unless the 'Bok was built on top of a gold mine.
I don't think anyone thinks that?

They bought the club with a mixture of funding that seems to have been wrapped up into one £20M loan (it might be two £20M loans but one seems more likely). And have a three year funding plan. They've already said they aren't throwing money at it. But all we want right now is a club that is on a sustainable footing. We can only see what they do. But having SB and MJ gives me a lot more faith than sweaty Ken or Laurence would have!