New ownership - Football Ventures

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:21 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:06 pm
Bruce - cheers - last time I went to VP might have been the one when Sasa Curcic ripped them apart but they gave MOTM to Wayne Jacobs...

Was FV's fiscal study based on crowds in Div Three or Four?
The last time I went to VP, their goalie went to clear it, smacked it in to SJM and the ball rebounded off of the chunky wee rascal and into the goal. :)

Can't be 100% sure on this but didn't FV close the upper tiers for one or two of our games earlier in the season? I'm guessing that they're using the cost comparison from that.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:43 pm

Tranmere are supposed to be going in the upper tier on Saturday, which would be odd if it's more costly. Unless it's to save us from any lingering stench of Aldridge.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:46 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:43 pm
Tranmere are supposed to be going in the upper tier on Saturday, which would be odd if it's more costly. Unless it's to save us from any lingering stench of Aldridge.
It's their cup final. They sure as shit aren't still in the FA Cup :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:17 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:46 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:43 pm
It's their cup final. They sure as shit aren't still in the FA Cup :D
And then to lose to Bolton would be just too much to bear..... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:37 pm

“ It is also understood that Wanderers will be making a change at board level in the coming days and weeks.”

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... confirmed/

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:52 pm

I have to say chaps that it is very sad & quite embarrassing to be honest to be in League 4 (I remember the last time & although it was enjoyable socially as a much younger chap in 87/88, football wise it was shocking with regular crowds of only 3,000), however unfortunately it is what it is and we all knew it was coming after the absolutely un acceptable & disastrous form under Hill and Flitcroft since Accrington away.

In my opinion we now urgently need some clear ambition & direction from FV, they need to show that they know what is required 'on the pitch' and it has to start with getting rid of Hill & Flitcroft and bringing someone in who can start to give the fans some hope that we can turn the dramatic and ridiculously quick fall from grace over the past 6 or 7 years around and have a serious attempt at trying to get out of League 2 at the 1st attempt.

If FV want to address the apathy amongst the fans and try and get them on side then Hill & Flitcroft just have to go, and surely over the past 3 months the likes of Kenyon & Tobias have been looking at who is available & interested in managing the team and which players we can look to bring to the club.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:51 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:52 pm
I have to say chaps that it is very sad & quite embarrassing to be honest to be in League 4 (I remember the last time & although it was enjoyable socially as a much younger chap in 87/88, football wise it was shocking with regular crowds of only 3,000), however unfortunately it is what it is and we all knew it was coming after the absolutely un acceptable & disastrous form under Hill and Flitcroft since Accrington away.

In my opinion we now urgently need some clear ambition & direction from FV, they need to show that they know what is required 'on the pitch' and it has to start with getting rid of Hill & Flitcroft and bringing someone in who can start to give the fans some hope that we can turn the dramatic and ridiculously quick fall from grace over the past 6 or 7 years around and have a serious attempt at trying to get out of League 2 at the 1st attempt.

If FV want to address the apathy amongst the fans and try and get them on side then Hill & Flitcroft just have to go, and surely over the past 3 months the likes of Kenyon & Tobias have been looking at who is available & interested in managing the team and which players we can look to bring to the club.
People (you) have been advocating potting the manager to "get the fans onside" since Megson. It's done nothing to bring the fans back. It'd be nice, just once, if we could try just getting behind the team regardless of who is in charge. If we take as a given that a favourable crowd has an impact on player performance, then imagine if those mythical missing thousands came back. 25,000 passionate Boltonians cheering on their League Two heroes.

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:59 am

Bolton have finished bottom of that pub league on 11,500 average crowds.

Coventry and Rotherham have finished 1st and 2nd on 6,600 and 8.900 crowds

Think its more to do with the standard of the owners, players and management at the football clubs than the fans

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:12 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:52 pm

Whoever the manager this is an uphill task now. Really tough. Embargoed. Hardly anyone still in contract. Our income advantage over many in L2 (the gate receipts) nullified. A higher cost base to support - owners whose plan has been ripped apart by the income losses that will be ongoing into next season.

Frankly the club still existing in 12 months time will be a miracle.

Taking good decisions will be paramount but lets not pretend that right now we're even 1% equipped for an assault on league 2 because we are not. Our recovery from here will be gradual, slow and probably painful. This is a situation nobody saw coming - and it is having a lot of as yet unseen repercussions. I'd settle for being an existing (not in admin) league club this time next year - that would be a success.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:43 pm

I think all Bolton fans want a quick fix but it will need a lot of luck and some half decent players. I was very anti Hill and Flitcroft, still am to a degree but, I can't see who could come in and sign a team to compete in league 2. I'm leaning towards Hill and his capabilities to sign out of contract players and bring in a few loans. The time he had last season was short but, this season he'll have more time.
As insane previously mentioned, should the club still be existing in 12 months time will be a miracle. I'm a bit more hopeful but as long as covid remains, generating any money could be difficult until a time comes where we can sit and watch.
I'm not hopeful but I live in hope.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:47 am

Athertonian wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:43 pm
I think all Bolton fans want a quick fix but it will need a lot of luck and some half decent players. I was very anti Hill and Flitcroft, still am to a degree but, I can't see who could come in and sign a team to compete in league 2. I'm leaning towards Hill and his capabilities to sign out of contract players and bring in a few loans. The time he had last season was short but, this season he'll have more time.
As insane previously mentioned, should the club still be existing in 12 months time will be a miracle. I'm a bit more hopeful but as long as covid remains, generating any money could be difficult until a time comes where we can sit and watch.
Yep I didn't want Hill anywhere near us next season BUT the situation has changed completely since then.

I'd be tempted to lower the cost base by potting Hill and giving it to Flitcroft - if he'll take it - obviously a big ask given his loyalty to Hill. He has some experience doesn't alienate people as much as Hill and is probably more the type we will need to work with over next few years. But bottom line is Hill is probably as good on paper as anyone else we're likely to bring in - sure we might get lucky but the odds would suggest not as does past experience.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:47 am
Athertonian wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:43 pm
Yep I didn't want Hill anywhere near us next season BUT the situation has changed completely since then.

I'd be tempted to lower the cost base by potting Hill and giving it to Flitcroft - if he'll take it - obviously a big ask given his loyalty to Hill. He has some experience doesn't alienate people as much as Hill and is probably more the type we will need to work with over next few years. But bottom line is Hill is probably as good on paper as anyone else we're likely to bring in - sure we might get lucky but the odds would suggest not as does past experience.

I'm beginning to wonder if his managerial record at League Two might just save him. As for Flitcroft, he took charge of Barnsley after Hill left, though he was sacked less than twelve months later.

Nigel Clough's available?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Emma Beauregard has stepped down as CEO - it reads like it is part of measures to cut costs, or it could be linked to the sad news about her dad. In any case I wish her well she seemed like a decent person and I imagine building bridges within the club and hotel has been a very difficult task this season. The rumours are Andrew Gartside is going to step up.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:43 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:18 pm
Emma Beauregard has stepped down as CEO - it reads like it is part of measures to cut costs, or it could be linked to the sad news about her dad. In any case I wish her well she seemed like a decent person and I imagine building bridges within the club and hotel has been a very difficult task this season. The rumours are Andrew Gartside is going to step up.
Yep I suspect it was personal reasons but also helps cut costs for the club. Given her experience I'm not sure how much commercial development we'd be doing as a broke league 2 club anyway - so am guessing she'd have mainly been on the hotel side - and well that's not operational for god knows how long....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:26 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:14 am

SEASON TICKET PRICES ANNOUNCED

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2020/august ... ew-season/
EfnPjouXgAEK5fi.jpg
EfnPjouXgAEK5fi.jpg (39.68 KiB) Viewed 4043 times
Seems to have provoked a mixed reaction – some complaining about a price rise after relegation, others responding to get behind the club, the first lot telling them to swivel, etc.

As I've said on another thread, this isn't my battle, so what do the ST holders (and possible holders) on here think?

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:21 am

Just renewed !!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:29 am

Riviman wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:21 am
Just renewed !!
Same here & donated a few pounds via the voluntary donation option.

There are a few people moaning about the cost of the tickets, which I have to say is quite annoying IMO - what do they expect the prices to be, many other L2 clubs have higher prices than these. The club have had no income for months due to COVID, they have shelled out a lot of money for Ian Evatt and recruited well, everyone is excited for the 1st time in ages and still fans moan about being asked to pay out approx £15-£20 a game.

BTW I think that the prices are decent, I honestly expected them to be a bit higher.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:12 pm

Renewed and I think those moaning about prices would moan whatever they were. We aren’t bankrolled by millionaires so club needs income and therefore ticket prices will be comparable with rest of the division. We’ve an ambitious and bold young manager and a squad that looks to be exciting on paper. I’d pay more than this for that to be honest

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:44 pm

Anyone moaning about prices wants it at £100 a pop which is just pure fantasy. You wouldn’t get 23 cinema tickets or tickets to gigs or whatever for that. Club have it spot on again.