The Bolton Babes

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

The Bolton Babes

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:47 pm

I think we can all agree that our young'uns deserve enormous credit for their performances in unprecedented adversity over the opening month of the season. The Coventry game will live long in the memory. But which of them do we think are really in position to become a squad member this season?

Alexander out-performed everyone's expectations against Cov, but he still looks a little lightweight. Happy enough with him as third choice.

Left backs - Joe White looks much better than Jordan Boon, though decision-making needs to improve for both. Wouldn't be surprised to see White again this season.

Centre-backs - I think all three of Zouma, Edwards and Brockbank can count themselves into the squad proper. They've had a baptism of fire, but have all come out looking strong.

Midfielders - Sonny Graham looked promising in a quiet, does-the-basics sort of way. Ronan Darcy impressed in an advanced midfield role, with great energy and decent touches, but needs to work on positional discipline if we want to make a winger out of him.

Wingers - King-Harmes is a trier, but I don't think he's quite got enough to warrant a squad place yet. Politic on the other hand looks a star in the making. He'll definitely be challenging for places on the bench, if not the starting 11 by the end of the season.

Strikers - Eddie Brown and De'Marlio Brown-Sterling are some way off contention, I'm afraid.

Anybody I've missed? Are there any dissenting voices to the above? Discuss.