It's Rochdale....again. Rochdale (H) 19th October 2019 15:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: It's Rochdale....again. Rochdale (H) 19th October 2019 15:00

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:58 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:46 am
It's all about next season. So I totally understand why they're talking about performances and also why they're keen to get us on the front foot. We're going to have win games next season, lots of them, so no point spending a season trying to bring out 0-0s and nick the occasional win. Also no point playing loads of players who won't be here next year. One or two are fine (as much as Verlinden and Bridcutt won't be playing L2 football next year, I get why we signed them) but the main thing is to find out the ones we want next year, kids included, and be ready to go.
This.

We're trying to turn the club around and after the last few seasons I'd hope we're developing a philosophy and footballing style that players elsewhere and our own juniors can buy into.

Come next summer we should know which youngsters are capable of holding down a first team place and recruit suitably around them.

I don't want to be reading on these pages, as I was 2 years ago, that we didn't have the players capable of playing better football than the worst side in the division
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Re: It's Rochdale....again. Rochdale (H) 19th October 2019 15:00

Post by Dujon » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:41 am
... Hill and Flitcroft have said they don't want a "lucky win". Whilst I understand the sentiment I just don't believe we're in a place where you can really be picky about how things are done, so long as they are ...
I am ever so glad, BWFC_Insane, that you didn't build my house. :wink: