Loanees available

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

charltonfan
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm

Loanees available

Post by charltonfan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:32 pm

Got a few Youngsters listed for loan, just wondering if there is anybody on your forum with inside knowledge, to tell me if you wanted any as I heard a whisper, I wanted some to go to U guys but nothing materialised
Cheers.
Southern Softie:p

Bertie Wooster
Promising
Promising
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: Loanees available

Post by Bertie Wooster » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:41 pm

charltonfan wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:32 pm
Got a few Youngsters listed for loan, just wondering if there is anybody on your forum with inside knowledge, to tell me if you wanted any as I heard a whisper, I wanted some to go to U guys but nothing materialised
Cheers.
Southern Softie:p
I know we've had it tough for a couple of years & you probably mean well but feck me we are now deemed a charity case by a Charlton fan.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7197
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Loanees available

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:57 pm

charltonfan wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:32 pm
Got a few Youngsters listed for loan, just wondering if there is anybody on your forum with inside knowledge, to tell me if you wanted any as I heard a whisper, I wanted some to go to U guys but nothing materialised
Cheers.
Southern Softie:p
We'll take Josh Cullen if he's available? How's he doing these days?

Ozthumer pulling up any trees?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

charltonfan
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm

Re: Loanees available

Post by charltonfan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:10 pm

Oztumer had played 3 games where he played 60 mins, 8/10 in one 6/10 in the other 2 id say
think he will get 90 tomoz cos we have 8 injured,
trust me Bertie Wooster we had to loan someone from rotherham last year so could be worse

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8542
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Loanees available

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:37 pm

Is your ownership situation still the same?

charltonfan
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm

Re: Loanees available

Post by charltonfan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:33 pm

Yeh Pretty much up for sale but the greedy bastard won't sell it for under 50 million
But IMO he has no intention of selling, he just uses it as an excuse not to hand out contracts or spend money etc.
Wont give Lee a contract longer than a year which is ludicrous considering the jobs he has done, still when you look at our position on the pitch it obvs hasnt effected the team
so im not that bothered about a takeover

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35883
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Loanees available

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:57 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:41 pm
I know we've had it tough for a couple of years & you probably mean well but feck me we are now deemed a charity case by a Charlton fan.
Think on, Young Bull. Ben 'The Hologram' Amos came to us initially on loan from 'The Biggest Club in the World'.

I'm sure that our friend here, 'The Voice of The Antigallican' ;) can bring us up to speed as to his current status.
May the bridges I burn light your way

charltonfan
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm

Re: Loanees available

Post by charltonfan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:32 pm

Amos needs to play IMO, I think he's alright
Antigallican shut now

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4222
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Loanees available

Post by Enoch » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:29 pm

charltonfan wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:32 pm
Antigallican shut now
:shock:

charltonfan
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm

Re: Loanees available

Post by charltonfan » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:37 pm

3.5 million derelict building if u wanna revive it

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4222
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Loanees available

Post by Enoch » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:46 pm

charltonfan wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:37 pm
3.5 million derelict building if u wanna revive it
I was just wondering if those gents bogs were being saved for the nation.

Doubt we'll ever see the like again.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2056
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: Loanees available

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:58 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:46 pm
charltonfan wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:37 pm
3.5 million derelict building if u wanna revive it
I was just wondering if those gents bogs were being saved for the nation.

Doubt we'll ever see the like again.

£3.5m must be small change for a man of your means. Get it sorted.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4222
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Loanees available

Post by Enoch » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:21 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:58 pm
£3.5m must be small change for a man of your means.
In fairness, for £3.5 million I'd expect the Belgian to sell me the lot.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7197
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Loanees available

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:07 pm

Cheeky loan bid for Will Grigg in the next window? His penalty miss tonight felt like the final nail in his Sunderland coffin
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25939
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Loanees available

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:17 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:07 pm
Cheeky loan bid for Will Grigg in the next window? His penalty miss tonight felt like the final nail in his Sunderland coffin
He's shite. And we have 3 strikers who all look capable in different ways.

All efforts have to be midfield and back four where we completely lack in numbers and in terms of fit players, quality and experience.

Bertie Wooster
Promising
Promising
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: Loanees available

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:46 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:17 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:07 pm
Cheeky loan bid for Will Grigg in the next window? His penalty miss tonight felt like the final nail in his Sunderland coffin
He's shite. And we have 3 strikers who all look capable in different ways.

All efforts have to be midfield and back four where we completely lack in numbers and in terms of fit players, quality and experience.
Its awful news with Crawford and this will seriously affect our creativity in midfield - but we've been decimated for weeks now with injuries to 1st team players so I have to ask why has Hill not brought in another central midfielder or centre half before now to fill the final squad place.

In his post match interview he mentions about running out of players, substitutes & staff....well do something about it, it may only be one place (if this is what the embargo states about squad size ?), but one more experienced midfielder or central defender would make a big difference at this moment in time even if only until the January transfer window.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25939
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Loanees available

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:56 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:46 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:17 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:07 pm
Cheeky loan bid for Will Grigg in the next window? His penalty miss tonight felt like the final nail in his Sunderland coffin
He's shite. And we have 3 strikers who all look capable in different ways.

All efforts have to be midfield and back four where we completely lack in numbers and in terms of fit players, quality and experience.
Its awful news with Crawford and this will seriously affect our creativity in midfield - but we've been decimated for weeks now with injuries to 1st team players so I have to ask why has Hill not brought in another central midfielder or centre half before now to fill the final squad place.

In his post match interview he mentions about running out of players, substitutes & staff....well do something about it, it may only be one place (if this is what the embargo states about squad size ?), but one more experienced midfielder or central defender would make a big difference at this moment in time even if only until the January transfer window.
What player is he going to get - anyone will take weeks to get to full fitness. I suspect if there was someone he could bring in now he would. But you'd be paying a wage for someone who gets fit, round about January. We've seen how long its taken many to get fit - and they only missed a month or two. Imagine someone now - 3/4 months behind.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8542
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Loanees available

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:06 am

To be fair to Hill he is working within the confines of an embargo - he might be appealing to FV to loosen the purse strings or the EFL to look at the embargo. IIRC the last time we were under an embargo we got the nod to register Pratley after some injuries, after we thought he was out for the season.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25939
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Loanees available

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:11 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:06 am
To be fair to Hill he is working within the confines of an embargo - he might be appealing to FV to loosen the purse strings or the EFL to look at the embargo. IIRC the last time we were under an embargo we got the nod to register Pratley after some injuries, after we thought he was out for the season.
Harvey bent the rules for Ken Anderson. The EFL won't bend the rules for us now. We have a limit of 23 - if we get injuries its tough luck.

Bertie Wooster
Promising
Promising
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: Loanees available

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:13 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:56 am
What player is he going to get - anyone will take weeks to get to full fitness. I suspect if there was someone he could bring in now he would. But you'd be paying a wage for someone who gets fit, round about January. We've seen how long its taken many to get fit - and they only missed a month or two. Imagine someone now - 3/4 months behind.
You mean like O'Grady who he threw in at Bristol Rovers without being anywhere near full fitness, I'm not a football scout or have information regarding a full list of which players are still out of contract, but a few like Gary O'Neill would surely do a job at least until January.

I'm also sure that there will still be decent players who are still available and can come in & do a job, and if he'd brought them in a few weeks ago knowing all of injuries we had they would now be fitter even in the 2-3 weeks since the likes of Bridcutt, Wright, Hobbs, Verlinden were injured - look its all about opinions I think that he should have brought someone in as soon as Bridcutt got injured, but you didn't or don't.

A few weeks ago you also thought that we should be playing Sonny Graham ahead of Luke Murphy who I said is a decent player if he can get back to anywhere near his Leeds form, which to be fair he seems to be getting near to this past few games - so you are not always right !

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests