Deduction prediction

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

How many points do you think we'll be deducted? (excluding suspended)

Poll ended at Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:42 pm

6%
No votes
No votes
28%
No votes
No votes
56%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
11%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 18

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Deduction prediction

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:42 pm

What's the damage, squire?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Deduction prediction

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:05 pm

They's a hangin' judge
Macclesfield Town has been charged with misconduct under EFL Regulation 63.7 for non-payment of wages and referred to a Disciplinary Commission for failing to pay its players on the applicable payment due dates.

The EFL recognises the impact the non-payment of wages has on the health and wellbeing of those involved and has been engaged in discussions with Macclesfield Town and the Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) to try and find an appropriate solution.

The Club was given until 4pm yesterday to provide a response to the EFL’s request for information in this respect. As a result of the information provided, the EFL has notified the Club of multiple charges related to failing to adhere to the terms of the contracts that are in operation.

The Disciplinary Commission has the power to impose a full range of sanctions as set out in Regulation 92 if the Club is found to be in breach.

As a result of the Club fulfilling its obligations in respect of playing last night’s Leasing.com Trophy fixture, the EFL has released an immediate payment of £30,000 secured through participation in this season’s competition to assist in the payment of wages to players and staff.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Did Ken ever get such a charge?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:26 pm

I've said 6 btw but I think we should appeal it.
Best case I reckon is 3 and we stay up by one and Doncaster miss the playoffs on goal difference after a 4 nil trouncing at ours.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:54 pm

Via Ilesy
EJWC_-gX0AIn1IG.png
EJWC_-gX0AIn1IG.png (4.51 KiB) Viewed 5323 times

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:42 pm

Cripes, they're doing Wednesday for selling the ground

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/november/ ... y-charged/

This doesn't feel like a softly-softly day

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:25 pm

Well I was sure all along we'd get 6 deducted. Today feels like a -12 kind of day :|
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:47 pm

-3 and 6 suspended. I can feel it in my waters.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:49 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:47 pm
-3 and 6 suspended. I can feel it in my waters.
Best check with the doc, make sure.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Seems a tricky one. Will they take into account our previous ownership? I mean, hypothetically speaking, if a person with erm looser than average ethical standards purchases a football club, which under current EFL checks for owners seems perfectly possible, and then siphons money out of the club and refuses to pay wages or run the club for a period of time, should the next owners pay the full penalty of that?

And if whilst in administration as a result of possible borderline criminal ownership, again hypothetically speaking, the club hastily postpones a game that would've had to have been postponed under league rules anyway, should the club get a penalty greater than the three points they would likely likely have lost had the game been played?

Equally if no penalty one owner could take the hit for another owner in an organized way in the future. Then there is fairness to the competition and to other clubs.

I think therefore 6 points (3+3) seems fair, although I must admit it is only now I think about it that the loss of 6 points or more is hitting home.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:00 pm

If we get a further 6 point deduction then we will not stay up, therefore the club then focuses completely on next season & we revert to the state of play at the start of the season when its an automatic 3 points and a 3 or 4 goal difference advantage for the teams that we have to play for the rest of the season

How do they (the EFL) then square that with the clubs who we have taken points off this season in the last 2 months - the integrity of the League is then much worse over the remaining 30 odd games than just the 1st 4 or 5. If they give us a 6 point deduction or more then we should just lose every game for the rest of the season - and let the likes of Fleetwood, Bristol Rovers, Oxford, Sunderland, Coventry, Blackpool etc take it up with the EFL.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:05 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:00 pm
If they give us a 6 point deduction or more then we should just lose every game for the rest of the season
Wow

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:22 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:05 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
If they give us a 6 point deduction or more then we should just lose every game for the rest of the season
Wow
Then mention in the summer that we've made our pint now please buy a season ticket! Not sure about that one Bertie!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Anyway I've been suspended from Twitter now so will be hanging round these threads like more of a bad spell than ever.

Apparently I was inciting abuse when I tweeted in response to some Doncaster loon's call for an 18 point penalty....

'yes and the BWFC board should be tarred and feathered in front of Doncaster town hall etc etc'

What a joke the Twitter police are!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:37 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:28 pm
Anyway I've been suspended from Twitter now so will be hanging round these threads like more of a bad spell than ever.

Apparently I was inciting abuse when I tweeted in response to some Doncaster loon's call for an 18 point penalty....

'yes and the BWFC board should be tarred and feathered in front of Doncaster town hall etc etc'

What a joke the Twitter police are!
JohnFromLeague1?

If so there's going to be some more suspensions as he's getting some right abuse.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:38 pm

I think so yes. Maybe it's the medieval nature of my response that tipped them over the edge?

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:04 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:22 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:05 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wow
Then mention in the summer that we've made our pint now please buy a season ticket! Not sure about that one Bertie!
LE at the start of the season staying up was still achievable regardless of how challenging it was, so when the club sold ST's it was still achievable. However we are still 15 points from 4th bottom with almost a 1/3 of the season gone, but the point is we can still survive if we have a very good run of results so the incentive is still there.

Personally, if we get any punishment then it should be suspended, however if its another 6 point deduction or more then it basically means that we have absolutely no chance of staying up being 21 points behind 4th bottom, so IMO you cant blame the club for that - so my view is that if the EFL don't give a shite about BWFC even after all we have been through, the equally we should stick 2 fingers up them and not complete in games like we are doing now to fcuk the league's integrity up even more - and lets be honest if there is no incentive and avoiding relegation is impossible then why should the club compete as they are now, they may as well lose every game - come on we have been punished enough, the -12 points for admin, the transfer embargo and having to play the 1st 4 or 5 games with a team of kids, which meant we were still -11 until a few weeks ago.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:52 pm

I'm all for giving the EFL as much grief as possible but not by cutting our own nose off.
I think they're in a weak position and if we go about a potential appeal cleverly we could really back then into a corner. They've got a commons committee on their case and an incoming CEO who could benefit from a show of magnanimity towards us after they shafted Bury.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:56 pm

Are the powers that be under the impression we wanted to avoid games and start the season with a massive bag of coconuts round our necks? Rules are rules, fair comment, but we're a struggling to stay alive club not villains incorporated. None of all this is the fault of the present club but the flown vultures. A bit of understanding and compassion as mitigation might help...then again, there's the opponents ever-present "kick em in the cobblers" angle... :evil:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:41 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:56 pm
Are the powers that be under the impression we wanted to avoid games and start the season with a massive bag of coconuts round our necks? Rules are rules, fair comment, but we're a struggling to stay alive club not villains incorporated. None of all this is the fault of the present club but the flown vultures. A bit of understanding and compassion as mitigation might help...then again, there's the opponents ever-present "kick em in the cobblers" angle... :evil:
The problem is that - if they don't punish us for failure to fulfill fixtures - and punish us severely - it opens a new can of worms for them.

Say a club under financial pressures trying to stay up - fails to play a game - because their players go on strike over non payment - but simultaneously they have a long injury list. The game is re-arranged and they win and stay up at our expense sending us down by a point.....

The EFL are damned if they do and damned if they don't.