Deduction prediction

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

How many points do you think we'll be deducted? (excluding suspended)

Poll ended at Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:42 pm

6%
No votes
No votes
28%
No votes
No votes
56%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
11%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 18

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Deduction prediction

Post by The_Gun » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:29 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:41 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:56 pm
Are the powers that be under the impression we wanted to avoid games and start the season with a massive bag of coconuts round our necks? Rules are rules, fair comment, but we're a struggling to stay alive club not villains incorporated. None of all this is the fault of the present club but the flown vultures. A bit of understanding and compassion as mitigation might help...then again, there's the opponents ever-present "kick em in the cobblers" angle... :evil:
The problem is that - if they don't punish us for failure to fulfill fixtures - and punish us severely - it opens a new can of worms for them.

Say a club under financial pressures trying to stay up - fails to play a game - because their players go on strike over non payment - but simultaneously they have a long injury list. The game is re-arranged and they win and stay up at our expense sending us down by a point.....

The EFL are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Surely there's room for a degree of nuance regarding specific circumstances?

Given the EFL's compliance in the situation which led to these breaches I would think they need to tread very carefully here.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:33 am

The_Gun wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:29 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:41 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:56 pm
Are the powers that be under the impression we wanted to avoid games and start the season with a massive bag of coconuts round our necks? Rules are rules, fair comment, but we're a struggling to stay alive club not villains incorporated. None of all this is the fault of the present club but the flown vultures. A bit of understanding and compassion as mitigation might help...then again, there's the opponents ever-present "kick em in the cobblers" angle... :evil:
The problem is that - if they don't punish us for failure to fulfill fixtures - and punish us severely - it opens a new can of worms for them.

Say a club under financial pressures trying to stay up - fails to play a game - because their players go on strike over non payment - but simultaneously they have a long injury list. The game is re-arranged and they win and stay up at our expense sending us down by a point.....

The EFL are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Surely there's room for a degree of nuance regarding specific circumstances?

Given the EFL's compliance in the situation which led to these breaches I would think they need to tread very carefully here.
There is - but a fan with a different perspective may see us not playing the Doncaster game as us trying to wait it out till we had a senior squad available.....depends on your viewpoint.

I totally agree about the EFL's behaviour significantly contributing to it - but like I say they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. We are the precedent. And if they go light - they set a precedent that is dangerous. If they go tough they risk things being dragged up - but equally any appeal could be risky for us as it may add further points.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm expecting 6 points (possibly even more).

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:42 am

I think they should award Doncaster that game. (1-0, and then hope they miss out on something on goal difference, the wankers).

Brentford I think should be suspended but I worry DSB is right that they are gearing up for a show that *things have changed*.

Expecting maybe 12 altogether with 6 suspended.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:13 pm

Yeah I can see a 12/6 scenario. Just hope we get the chance to smash Doncaster and win some back. The moaning Yorkshire c u n ts.

It’s the delay on the Brentford one that’s the most irritating. Should have been sorted at the time and come off last season.

All this stuff about EFL lumping is with Ken, what choice did they have?

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:21 pm

Even if the penalty for not fulfilling the Brebtford fixture were suspended, the fact we had a second match postponed/cancelled shortly afterwards would surely activate it?

I think we might be in for a walloping.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:29 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:13 pm
Yeah I can see a 12/6 scenario. Just hope we get the chance to smash Doncaster and win some back. The moaning Yorkshire c u n ts.

It’s the delay on the Brentford one that’s the most irritating. Should have been sorted at the time and come off last season.

I think the issue is more that they didn't monitor us and take early action. And a few weeks before we entered admin their Chief Operating Officer or whatever he was, Harvey went on national radio to say what a good job Ken had done and how he'd leave us in a much better state...

Additionally Harvey sent text messages (ridiculous) to Bassini that acted as evidence for that bogus case - delaying the takeover and contributing to the Donny postponement.

The EFL are culpable - big time - but they want to cover it up.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:32 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:21 pm
Even if the penalty for not fulfilling the Brebtford fixture were suspended, the fact we had a second match postponed/cancelled shortly afterwards would surely activate it?
That's not how suspended punishments work, Nicko. It's a threat to be activated upon further misconduct.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:29 pm
officer_dibble wrote:

I think the issue is more that they didn't monitor us and take early action. And a few weeks before we entered admin their Chief Operating Officer or whatever he was, Harvey went on national radio to say what a good job Ken had done and how he'd leave us in a much better state...

Additionally Harvey sent text messages (ridiculous) to Bassini that acted as evidence for that bogus case - delaying the takeover and contributing to the Donny postponement.

Not disagreeing really - I suppose the only thing is Ken was unfortunately the only show in town. Dean Holdsworth isn’t going to be forgiven in my mind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:09 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:33 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Not disagreeing really - I suppose the only thing is Ken was unfortunately the only show in town. Dean Holdsworth isn’t going to be forgiven in my mind.
Yeah and I have sympathy with the argument that the EFL are often up against it with clubs about to go pop and dubious owners seeking approval to save them. But the issues for me were well after that. The EFL stepped in for Macclesfield. Yet all we got was an interview from them saying Ken was a stellar guy who'd done a great job....
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:41 pm

...and Shaun Harvey likes eating in his restaurant!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:27 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:41 pm
...and Shaun Harvey likes eating in his restaurant!
And hosting EFL get togethers there
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:09 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Yeah and I have sympathy with the argument that the EFL are often up against it with clubs about to go pop and dubious owners seeking approval to save them. But the issues for me were well after that. The EFL stepped in for Macclesfield. Yet all we got was an interview from them saying Ken was a stellar guy who'd done a great job....
This is the thing. If we really go after them on that we could seriously reduce the clubs culpability. I really hope FV have the guts to stand up to them. feck the other clubs, I don't care what they think. It should be about fairness, not keeping them happy.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:13 pm

"I'm reliably informed there will be no update until after the weekend in regards to the Bolton game" - Liam Hoden, Deputy head of sport, Sheffield Star / Donny Free Press

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:21 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:13 pm
"I'm reliably informed there will be no update until after the weekend in regards to the Bolton game" - Liam Hoden, Deputy head of sport, Sheffield Star / Donny Free Press
'Informed' isn't a word I'd associate with that bellend after reading one of articles. However, like a stopped clock, I think he's right on this occasion!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:46 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:35 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:09 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

This is the thing. If we really go after them on that we could seriously reduce the clubs culpability. I really hope FV have the guts to stand up to them. feck the other clubs, I don't care what they think. It should be about fairness, not keeping them happy.
I wouldn't be surprised if a quiet agreement has been made along the lines of "don't embarrass us and we'll do a token punishment of a few points so we brush the whole thing under carpet. By the way, we'll be flexible with your squad requirements if you go along with it. A bit like the token fines UEFA hand out for racist chanting at Euro Qualifiers...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:51 pm

Iles suspects decision might not come till WEDNESDAY. There see, it's turned me into an Express writer.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:50 pm

Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:51 pm
Iles suspects decision might not come till WEDNESDAY. There see, it's turned me into an Express writer.
BREAKING no decision until Weds.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:26 pm

Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:32 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:21 pm
That's not how suspended punishments work, Nicko. It's a threat to be activated upon further misconduct.

Oh aye. I suppose they can't activate a suspension if the second offence happens before the suspended penalty is imposed.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:03 pm

No punishment for us. Boatloads of embarrassment, scorn and disdain heaped upon the EFL for not having a fecking clue as to what it is they're doing.
Debbie Jevans attempting to explain how the EFL have tried to screw us for abiding by one of their rules which they'd clearly forgotten about, with all the plausibility of the bloke in A&E attempting to explain how come he ended up with his cock in the Hoover.

feck 'em. c*nts!
May the bridges I burn light your way

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:51 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:03 pm
with all the plausibility of the bloke in A&E attempting to explain how come he ended up with his cock in the Hoover.

I maintain to this day I tripped coming out of the shower.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!