Deduction prediction

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

How many points do you think we'll be deducted? (excluding suspended)

Poll ended at Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:42 pm

6%
No votes
No votes
28%
No votes
No votes
56%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
11%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 18

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Deduction prediction

Post by Bertie Wooster » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:57 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:55 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:53 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:49 pm
It's subject to appeal. Our celebrations might well be premature.
Surely only we have the right to appeal and not other clubs?

The EFL have the right to appeal.
They can appeal the panel they themselves appointed? How hilarious is that? Cheer up FFS.
This is the most positive thing BWFCI has ever posted - long may it continue, I agree by the way, how can the EFL appeal to the independent panel that they appointed.

BTW in the poll only I person voted 0 points & guess who it was - yes Bertie W.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:49 pm

Okay, I misunderstood. If that's the only punishment we'll face it's obviously very good news.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:58 pm

Iles: "The news has not gone down well among Wanderers’ rivals in League One and the EFL has also stated that it reserves the right to appeal the independent panel’s decision."

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -reprieve/

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:40 pm

Oooo that has made some delightful reading, particularly that salty c*nt of a journalist from the ‘Doncaster free press’.

I note the right of appeal; who can the EFL / clubs appeal too? Some form of arbitration court?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:43 pm

I remember Accrington Stanley's chairman mouthing off during the summer about how we should be chucked out of the league etc.

I take great delight in this news tonight and will take even greater delight if we beat them on Saturday.

:pissed: :pissed:

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:54 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:58 pm
Iles: "The news has not gone down well among Wanderers’ rivals in League One and the EFL has also stated that it reserves the right to appeal the independent panel’s decision."

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -reprieve/

Perhaps I'd not misunderstood then?

It's interesting that we got a bigger suspended points deduction for the second postponement as I thought we had a stronger case with that one. If the EFL can appeal then I expect the other clubs will put them under huge pressure to but, given the leniency of the punishment, it's probably safe to infer that the independant disciplinary panel were critical of their actions as well.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:58 pm

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=274963.60

“It just goes to show crime pays off and the innocent get punished, i.e. Us”

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:06 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:36 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:57 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:55 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:53 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:49 pm
It's subject to appeal. Our celebrations might well be premature.
Surely only we have the right to appeal and not other clubs?

The EFL have the right to appeal.
They can appeal the panel they themselves appointed? How hilarious is that? Cheer up FFS.
This is the most positive thing BWFCI has ever posted - long may it continue, I agree by the way, how can the EFL appeal to the independent panel that they appointed.

BTW in the poll only I person voted 0 points & guess who it was - yes Bertie W.

We've been deducted five points, they've just suspended them. So you were wrong like the rest of us. :wink:

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:16 pm

Relief. We've now got a fighting chance. Almost felt sorry for Donny and their fans but after reading their forum then fook em!
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:19 pm

Am delighted!

The perspective that we have suffered enough under the previous regime and deserve leniency wasn't one I was expecting the EFL to take, even though it makes perfect sense to me.

Sharon and the legal team appear to have played a blinder here.

Hoorah! :pissed:
Last edited by bristol_Wanderer3 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:19 pm

It appears we have become the modern day Millwall. Rather a lot of resentment out there at our pathetic punishment.

Doncaster are really upset. I mean really upset. They are planning a full on riot when we go to their gaff. Apparently they want 3 points for a game that has been rearranged.

"We'll play when we want, we'll play when we want, we're Bolton Wanderers, we'll play when we want"

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:21 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:19 pm
It appears we have become the modern day Millwall. Rather a lot of resentment out there at our pathetic punishment.

Doncaster are really upset. I mean really upset. They are planning a full on riot when we go to their gaff. Apparently they want 3 points for a game that has been rearranged.

"We'll play when we want, we'll play when we want, we're Bolton Wanderers, we'll play when we want"
:pissed: :pissed:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:22 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Am delighted!

The perspective that we have suffered enough under the previous regime and deserve leniency wasn't one I was expecting the EFL to take, even though it makes perfect sense to me.

The EFL haven’t made the decision. Their panel did. Seems like it was Bolton vs EFL. And we won. Hence why they can appeal, their own process. Will be utterly ridiculous if they do as Iles has tweeted. Would look stupid. But that is how it works.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:22 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Am delighted!

The EFL haven’t made the decision. Their panel did. Seems like it was Bolton vs EFL. And we won. Hence why they can appeal, their own process. Will be utterly ridiculous if they do as Iles has tweeted. Would look stupid. But that is how it works.
Yes good point. I guess if the other clubs put the EFL under sufficient pressure the EFL would appeal on their behalf.

Given the stance the EFL panel must have taken to come up with this penalty, they have made it very hard for themselves to give us a material penalty effective this season?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:35 pm

I sincerely hope that the panel sets out it’s full and frank reasons behind the decision. Unlikely, as it probably sticks the boot in on the EFL, given the leniency. I can’t think of any other reason as to how we got off so lightly. Absolutely fecking delighted though!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:37 pm

Loooooooooool.

Obviously very disappointed to be deducted 5 points albeit suspended but after long and careful consideration we've decided to accept the punishment and not appeal.

Loooooooool.

Great escape is on!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:42 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:35 pm
I sincerely hope that the panel sets out it’s full and frank reasons behind the decision. Unlikely, as it probably sticks the boot in on the EFL, given the leniency. I can’t think of any other reason as to how we got off so lightly. Absolutely fecking delighted though!
I think the whole "allowing us to start in administration" is a mitigating circumstance that has led to the suspended sentence. I do expect the rules to be changed pretty sharpish to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I didn't expect any empathy from the other 22 teams nor I doubt we would give any to them had the roles been reversed. It's a sensible thought out punishment with a real threat as we better have a damn good reason for any future misdemeanours.

Us vs The League. Fook em. We're Bolton.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:47 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:35 pm
I think they have to publish written reasons.
Amazing result though, even an appeal by the EFL is likely only to cost us 3 points and I can't see that happening. I reckon they've been slated. They effectively docked us points when they wrongly made us start the season with kids.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:49 pm

12 points from 4th bottom with three games in hand.

We have a decent team, we need some luck with injuries. Probably some limited options to strengthen further in January.

Greatest of great escapes is ON!

I feel the fever coming on. COYW :oyea:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:52 pm

We should wait until we’re safe from relegation, by at least 6 points and cancel a game just for the sheer hell of it. 😎 Shame the return game against Donny isn’t at the end of the season.