Wham, bam, thank you, Stan - Accrington S (A), 3pm, 23 November & 10 Dec

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Wham, bam, thank you, Stan - Accrington S (A), 3pm, 23 November & 10 Dec

Post by Jugs » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:20 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:00 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:07 pm
^^ on reflection perhaps I should have said more entertaining than better. Accy aberration aside we're creating more chances per game than we did per month last season. Lower quality opponents for sure but a much better watch imo
We are scoring more goals but as you say against weaker teams. The standard we produce of late is certainly worse than our last league one trip. Different circumstances but I’ve not felt overly entertained past few games if I’m honest. Real test will be next season of course.
You always used to say you couldn't give a toss about being entertained under Parky :D The result was always more important than the performance ...

Either way, I think we all know deep down that it's really all about next season now.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:37 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:30 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:51 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:39 am
Couldn't care less.
Getting very much my attitude to be honest. When you are having to dig deep into google to look up players you may or may not be interested in, their names mean little and that stretches to the current squad, half of them probably flip burgers part time or are recovering I could have once been a great player but for getting injured every week . :cry:
That brings back old memories Hobes. Remember the poster way back who had that handle and always claimed he'd won the pools? Not sure if it was on here or the 606 site, but good fun.. :lol:
Mitch Upton :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:03 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:37 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Couldn't care less.
Getting very much my attitude to be honest. When you are having to dig deep into google to look up players you may or may not be interested in, their names mean little and that stretches to the current squad, half of them probably flip burgers part time or are recovering I could have once been a great player but for getting injured every week . :cry:
That brings back old memories Hobes. Remember the poster way back who had that handle and always claimed he'd won the pools? Not sure if it was on here or the 606 site, but good fun.. :lol:
:lol: :lol: that was him.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:34 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:37 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Couldn't care less.
Well remembered Bruce, he's the man. Cheers. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:29 pm

Jugs wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:20 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:00 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:07 pm
^^ on reflection perhaps I should have said more entertaining than better. Accy aberration aside we're creating more chances per game than we did per month last season. Lower quality opponents for sure but a much better watch imo
We are scoring more goals but as you say against weaker teams. The standard we produce of late is certainly worse than our last league one trip. Different circumstances but I’ve not felt overly entertained past few games if I’m honest. Real test will be next season of course.
You always used to say you couldn't give a toss about being entertained under Parky :D The result was always more important than the performance ...

Either way, I think we all know deep down that it's really all about next season now.
I’m not bothered about attractive football. It’s results that do it for me. And the results have been poor if we are honest with ourselves. A good initial start but now it’s a slog against poor sides. Or humiliation even.

It is now about next season. But we need to win as many as we can this to get momentum build some confidence and get the kids involved. However we also need an eye on making sure we have a squad next season starting pre season that is ready to win that league. There aren’t any excuses at that point.