Kiss me Kate, Part One. Bolton v Shrewsbury. Unibol 3-0 Sunday 29th.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Kiss me Kate, Part One. Bolton v Shrewsbury. Unibol 3-0 Sunday 29th.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:14 am

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:10 am
11v11 I think we go on to win that game, despite them improving after the break. The red card look deserved and it was only a matter of time before one of our players reacted to Shrewsbury's shithousery. They're like a shit version of under Allardyce. In your face, niggly fouls, pulls, shoves, kicks. But they were good at it and they disrupted our rhythm.

In the end, we got away with a point we probably didn't deserve and we have our keeper to thank for that.

Verlinden, we have to try and keep. At home we look a much better side with him in there
I’m not convinced we’d have won. They overran us for large parts of the game. Early doors and then start of second half. But we will never know. Verlinde I was very sceptical of initially, but he’s improved no end you can see it week by week. Looks real quality now. Going back to Stoke sadly. A big loss.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:21 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:14 am
boltonboris wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:10 am
11v11 I think we go on to win that game, despite them improving after the break. The red card look deserved and it was only a matter of time before one of our players reacted to Shrewsbury's shithousery. They're like a shit version of under Allardyce. In your face, niggly fouls, pulls, shoves, kicks. But they were good at it and they disrupted our rhythm.

In the end, we got away with a point we probably didn't deserve and we have our keeper to thank for that.

Verlinden, we have to try and keep. At home we look a much better side with him in there
I’m not convinced we’d have won. They overran us for large parts of the game. Early doors and then start of second half. But we will never know. Verlinde I was very sceptical of initially, but he’s improved no end you can see it week by week. Looks real quality now. Going back to Stoke sadly. A big loss.
They wouldn't have kept up the pace they started the 2nd half with and we would have picked them off if they had
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:25 pm

I was quite impressed with Shrewsbury. They passed it around well and created several dangerous openings but looked like they lacked a target man. The ref let them get away with some real niggly stuff though, particularly on Durphy who was given nowt.

I expressed concerns re Bridcutt and Matthew's last week and the same problems resurfaced yesterday. Too many of Bridcutts passes went astray and he pulled his hamstring while shanking one into the west lower. A shame as I'd have been happy for him to slot straight into Lowes position on Wednesday.

Matthew's had more erratic moments in the first half. That headed 'clearance' - wtf?!! His shot stopping though, as evidenced in the 2nd half, is excellent.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"