Up Hill and down 'Dale - Rochdale (A), 3:00pm, 11/01/20

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Up Hill and down 'Dale - Rochdale (A), 3:00pm, 11/01/20

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:52 pm

Be interesting to see Sharons thoughts on it. Relationship between club and supporters has been excellent since admin. feck knows why he’s trying to drive a wedge between it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:57 pm

I’m not even sure what criticism he thinks he was getting? Before listening to that bizarre rant I’d posted and seen others posting that with what we had defeat was inevitable.

To me it sounds like he feels he’s messed the window up sending lads back and not able to bring in what we need. If there is any pressure Keith it’s entirely self inflicted and mainly brought on by your oddball and condescending interviews.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:39 pm

He'll surely get the summer to reshape the squad and I do think he deserves that. But he needs to stop these outbursts.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:59 pm

How shit at interviews must Kevin Nolan be?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:00 pm

He had everybody who isn’t a feck* patience and support for the season. He’s doing his best to completely lose that! I was going to come on and say fair feck* he’s thrown a defence together and it sounds like a marked improvement...but he’s come out like a complete mentalist and right royally fecked me off. He’s not going to leave here having done a good job, I’m convinced of that.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:59 pm
How shit at interviews must Kevin Nolan be?
😄

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:28 pm

Very strange outburst by Hill. Not sure what's going on in his head. Apart from a very small minority, we are patient given the situation. Crazy stuff.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:47 pm

Beginning to look like the gamble on Hill will turn out a failure, the bloke knew what he was getting into and his job was to make a decent fist of what was there and build for next season, not fall on the sword of self pity. Still reckon Nolan would have been a better bet, he looked like a leader who can command respect from players judging by his time as captain not derision or bullying that seems like Hills route.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:46 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:47 pm
Beginning to look like the gamble on Hill will turn out a failure, the bloke knew what he was getting into and his job was to make a decent fist of what was there and build for next season, not fall on the sword of self pity. Still reckon Nolan would have been a better bet, he looked like a leader who can command respect from players judging by his time as captain not derision or bullying that seems like Hills route.
Nolan has more critical shit to sort. Agree about Hill though. Job too big for him.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:10 am

I’m reading factions within the club as well - David Lee / JP and the academy...Lee quite obviously fancied the job and wasn’t shy to have a pop at Parky. Maybe Hill feels undermined from the inside?

Where was Politic today? It’s a real shame how little football he has had.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:08 am

I can only assume Hill wanted badly to do one over on Rochdale for sacking him, and he has taken the defeat personally. An own goal but prepared to give him another chance. Strike one out of Three.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:55 am

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:08 am
I can only assume Hill wanted badly to do one over on Rochdale for sacking him, and he has taken the defeat personally. An own goal but prepared to give him another chance. Strike one out of Three.
I think there may be something in this. 4 defeats in one season to the club that booted you must rankle.
His official club site interview was apparently a lot calmer and more measured, presumably after a few deep breaths and a cup of sugary tea. Not that I've any intention of watching it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:58 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:46 pm
It’s the best support we’ve had since the days of Allardyce. That’s about the only time you can mention the two in the same sentence.
Well, that and that they both talk shite in post-match interviews. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:52 pm

OK, I'm not getting this. Here's a different post match from him.

https://www.facebook.com/officialbwfc/v ... Fpawrs45YL
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:52 pm
OK, I'm not getting this. Here's a different post match from him.

https://www.facebook.com/officialbwfc/v ... Fpawrs45YL
Aye. The 2nd interview was a lot more measured to be fair (for him) and I suspect he had either calmed down or someone had a word.

Personally, I'm happy to forget it, move on and make a mental note never to listen to any of his interviews ever again!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:50 pm

Everyone's a critic.

Fella's passionate, doing alright with what he's got.

Some fans have Champagne taste, the clubs on beer money.

Be all the same if any of the detractors had something in their locker to support their vitriol.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:06 am

Enoch wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:50 pm
Everyone's a critic.

Be all the same if any of the detractors had something in their locker to support their vitriol.
What detractors? What's he even on about? The fans haven't been on his back. If he's bothered by online comments or social media then that is a reflection on him. Social media is awash with criticism for just about every club and every supporter - its meaningless. Hill has barely had any criticism. I'd argue he's probably had the easiest ride in football so far. Nobody expects anything. Nobody is calling for his head - beyond a tiny volume of the usual social media lot. It isn't comparable to the position of 90% of the rest of the league in terms of pressure.

I have no idea what he's taken exception to - but god forbid if he ever got to manage a club where the fans really got on his back like for example at West Ham, Sunderland, Newcastle etc....

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:51 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:06 am
Enoch wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:50 pm
Everyone's a critic.

What detractors? What's he even on about? The fans haven't been on his back. If he's bothered by online comments or social media then that is a reflection on him. Social media is awash with criticism for just about every club and every supporter - its meaningless. Hill has barely had any criticism. I'd argue he's probably had the easiest ride in football so far. Nobody expects anything. Nobody is calling for his head - beyond a tiny volume of the usual social media lot. It isn't comparable to the position of 90% of the rest of the league in terms of pressure.

I have no idea what he's taken exception to - but god forbid if he ever got to manage a club where the fans really got on his back like for example at West Ham, Sunderland, Newcastle etc....
That weird little outburst has actually brought the first criticism since he's been here. I should imagine there are plenty of tough times to come, so hopefully Keith will learn his lesson and act a bit more professionally in the future.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:08 pm

Iles has re hashed the quotes online (and presumably in the paper) today. Not doing him any favours! Heat of the moment having lost, again, to dale? I think there are bigger picture things in place here - is he being told to use academy lads this season to maybe sell one or two? If there’s a plan it would be nice to know rather than guess...

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:25 pm

Sounds like he was listening to "hear say" gossip hence his outburst. Poor managers do that. Get a grip and get on with the job Hill. You are doing okay so far. Dont spoil it.

"Hill reiterated that he had the support of his chairman and the board, and when asked to elaborate on the criticism and its sources, he added: “I don’t read a paper, I don’t read Twitter, I am sick of people telling me.

“People who are trying to protect me are telling me; Flicker (assistant manager David Flitcroft), my family, my friends."

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... le-defeat/