FV Recruitment Model

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25334
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 01, 2021 9:40 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:30 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:26 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:34 am
Today of all days

Adam Kamani
@AdamKamani
·
15m
Great meeting with Sharon Brittan yesterday at
@OfficialBWFC
hopefully have some exciting news to share soon but 1st GOOD LUCK today Soccer ball #bwfc #boltonwanderers
We were linked in 2019. At that time he posted that they weren't interested in buying/being part of football club, but they had enquired about hotel...
I don’t think you pose for social media pictures with someone you are selling a part of your business to or in discussions on such a subject. Probably a sponsorship thing or part of the ‘social media app monetisation plan’ we heard about during the takeover. Or perhaps they want to invest. Either way I trust Sharon Brittan more than any other owner we’ve had.
Shazza gets the focus, but we know Michael is dyed in the wool Bolton fan. I'm happy with them at the moment. ED had plenty of my trust as another Bolton fan and in case you missed it, still ploughed money in when we were on the way down...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25334
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 01, 2021 9:46 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:34 am
Worthy I'm not IT savvy enough to post the pic with them with SB yesterday, but its easy to find - it looks like they (Kamani's) have changed there minds.

It's probably more stadium naming rights, shirt sponsorship or the hotel like you say more than serious investment in the club, but saying that these guys have serious money so I can see whatever has been agreed being quite substantial.
Yeah, seen it mate. I think there's always been a notion that there might need to be other investors to progress. Having plenty of money and wishing to part with it in a money pit aren't necessarily the same concept, but as you say, hopefully anything that puts money in the coffers is positive news.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28234
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 01, 2021 9:51 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:40 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:30 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:26 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:34 am
Today of all days

Adam Kamani
@AdamKamani
·
15m
Great meeting with Sharon Brittan yesterday at
@OfficialBWFC
hopefully have some exciting news to share soon but 1st GOOD LUCK today Soccer ball #bwfc #boltonwanderers
We were linked in 2019. At that time he posted that they weren't interested in buying/being part of football club, but they had enquired about hotel...
I don’t think you pose for social media pictures with someone you are selling a part of your business to or in discussions on such a subject. Probably a sponsorship thing or part of the ‘social media app monetisation plan’ we heard about during the takeover. Or perhaps they want to invest. Either way I trust Sharon Brittan more than any other owner we’ve had.
Shazza gets the focus, but we know Michael is dyed in the wool Bolton fan. I'm happy with them at the moment. ED had plenty of my trust as another Bolton fan and in case you missed it, still ploughed money in when we were on the way down...
Sharon is running the gig. Michael James stuck his money in but don’t think he’s involved day to day.

The difference for me is ED was putting money in but didn’t really front up. Sharon we know her philosophy is about more than just business and money. She wants to restore the clubs community focus and do the right thing across a number of areas. I will forever be thankful for what ED did and I assume nobody else will come close. But in terms of feeling we have an owner who will do the right thing by us Sharon is absolutely top of the pile thus far.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20366
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat May 01, 2021 9:59 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:34 am
Worthy I'm not IT savvy enough to post the pic with them with SB yesterday, but its easy to find - it looks like they (Kamani's) have changed there minds.
CODE: SELECT ALL

Bertie Wooster
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat May 01, 2021 10:16 am

Does anyone know who the other guy in the photo is ?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10416
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 01, 2021 10:26 am

Mahmud Kamani - the owner of the group. I’m happy to see what it’s all about before guessing.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25334
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 01, 2021 10:29 am

Agree Michael James not involved day to day, but is absolutely a voice and very clearly a fan. I have no idea what the management bullshit of "restore the Club's community focus" and "do the right thing" equates to. How will we know if we've restored the "community focus?"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25334
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 01, 2021 10:30 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:26 am
Mahmud Kamani - the owner of the group. I’m happy to see what it’s all about before guessing.
I think it's he too.

Bertie Wooster
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat May 01, 2021 10:35 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:26 am
Mahmud Kamani - the owner of the group. I’m happy to see what it’s all about before guessing.
If it is then I think that there is more to this, I hope the below link works ?

https://twitter.com/MasoniiBWFC/status/ ... 88/photo/1

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10416
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 01, 2021 10:50 am

Yep I’m sure they haven’t just been allowed to wander around for a laugh. We’ll hear in due course, trust Sharon and Michael James to get it right.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28234
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 01, 2021 11:22 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:29 am
Agree Michael James not involved day to day, but is absolutely a voice and very clearly a fan. I have no idea what the management bullshit of "restore the Club's community focus" and "do the right thing" equates to. How will we know if we've restored the "community focus?"
I don’t think it’s management bullshit. You look at initiatives elsewhere like for example Everton in the Community and see what’s been achieved. It’s not meaningless and I know Sharon is a big believer in clubs making such a difference. I think she believes in the club being a force for good.

But beyond that I just sense an owner who has the right intentions to run us properly and on a sustainable basis and from everyone I know who knows her they believe she is absolutely genuine.

End of the day ED was the owner who took us to the heights but then sold us to Dean and Ken. You can say he had no choice but he was the owner of the business and ended in a position where people weren’t being paid. Whoever you want to blame or not for that it’s just the reality.

nicholaldo
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1177
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by nicholaldo » Sat May 01, 2021 11:36 am

We'll see what it is and how it pans out, but I'm not particularly enamoured and if they're heavily involved they'll have to win me over.

Whatever it is it seems conditional on promotion.

The_Gun
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 937
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 am

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by The_Gun » Sat May 01, 2021 12:52 pm

Not particularly the type of people I want sniffing about our club.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10416
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 01, 2021 10:32 pm

Why don’t people like them? I know nowt about them or their business model.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21107
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 02, 2021 2:18 am

[quote=BWFC_Insane post_id=1108015 time=1619859072 user_id=1474]
[quote=Worthy4England post_id=1108013 time=1619858406 user_id=1405]
[quote=BWFC_Insane post_id=1108010 time=1619857825 user_id=1474]
[quote=Worthy4England post_id=1108007 time=1619857603 user_id=1405]
[quote="Bertie Wooster" post_id=1108004 time=1619854472 user_id=7964]
Today of all days

Adam Kamani
@AdamKamani
·
15m
Great meeting with Sharon Brittan yesterday at
@OfficialBWFC
hopefully have some exciting news to share soon but 1st GOOD LUCK today Soccer ball #bwfc #boltonwanderers
[/quote]
We were linked in 2019. At that time he posted that they weren't interested in buying/being part of football club, but they had enquired about hotel...
[/quote]

I don’t think you pose for social media pictures with someone you are selling a part of your business to or in discussions on such a subject. Probably a sponsorship thing or part of the ‘social media app monetisation plan’ we heard about during the takeover. Or perhaps they want to invest. Either way I trust Sharon Brittan more than any other owner we’ve had.
[/quote]
Shazza gets the focus, but we know Michael is dyed in the wool Bolton fan. I'm happy with them at the moment. ED had plenty of my trust as another Bolton fan and in case you missed it, still ploughed money in when we were on the way down...
[/quote]

Sharon is running the gig. Michael James stuck his money in but don’t think he’s involved day to day.

The difference for me is ED was putting money in but didn’t really front up. Sharon we know her philosophy is about more than just business and money. She wants to restore the clubs community focus and do the right thing across a number of areas. I will forever be thankful for what ED did and I assume nobody else will come close. But in terms of feeling we have an owner who will do the right thing by us Sharon is absolutely top of the pile thus far.
[/quote]

I agree with a lot of that. God love ED and the ride he took us on. It was worth it, but arguably only because Shazza and friends came in to save the day. I remember thinking even after Bury went we're surely too big to go, but I think that was hope more than anything. Eddie and PG gave us great days but if we'd gone bust...

I have no interest owner wise now and ever more beyond running the club sustainably. Invest in capital and, if you want to speculate on players, no more than on contracts you're willing to fulfill in full out of your own pocket if needs be. Otherwise, run on what we have. And if that means upper league one bottom of the Champo, I'm fine with that until football eats itself.

It's a slight detour but at the time I fully backed the Lisbon reserves try to win at Wigan but I was wrong. Grew up as a teen thinking the Prem was the be all and end all. Now I'm delighted we're not there. I play with two Newcastle fans and they spend 1/3 of their season hoping not to get battered 5-0 and the rest hoping to nick a win to finish 17th and "win" the right to try to finish 17th next year. No-one is telling their grandkids about that.

Plus all the var nonsense, I'm glad we're out of it. Obviously I wish we weren't in league two but I'm genuinely grateful to have a team to watch and compete.

We had the chance to play Rangers in two legs in a European quarter final and then potentially a final in Manchester. (And worse case a trip to Florence).

But hey ho. She can stay for me. They're custodians, and she's been pretty much spot on so far.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

The_Gun
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 937
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 am

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by The_Gun » Sun May 02, 2021 7:45 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:32 pm
Why don’t people like them? I know nowt about them or their business model.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... 305006.amp

It later came out that they knew about this and did nothing.

Bertie Wooster
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sun May 02, 2021 8:00 am

The_Gun wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 7:45 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:32 pm
Why don’t people like them? I know nowt about them or their business model.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... 305006.amp

It later came out that they knew about this and did nothing.
I think you are wrong about them.

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/new ... n/14606920

The_Gun
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 937
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 am

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by The_Gun » Sun May 02, 2021 8:45 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:00 am
The_Gun wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 7:45 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:32 pm
Why don’t people like them? I know nowt about them or their business model.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... 305006.amp

It later came out that they knew about this and did nothing.
I think you are wrong about them.

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/new ... n/14606920
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... n-failings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 59 guests