FV Recruitment Model

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Whitesince63
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by Whitesince63 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:33 pm

Well it doesn’t appear on the clubs website, nor the BN site so if true they’re keeping it pretty quiet!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:26 pm

Whitesince63 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:33 pm
Well it doesn’t appear on the clubs website, nor the BN site so if true they’re keeping it pretty quiet!!
Yep, it’s odd. Not a bullshit site, although it could be wrong. The news is that he’s left PNE, not yet that he’s been appointed. Not quite sure how a head of coaching fits in - given this guy’s academy background maybe it’s a Jimmy Pip type role.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:56 am

Yeah got to be an academy head of department style role. Presumably not in post yet which is why we haven’t announced.

Interesting recalling the Kumani link from earlier in this thread - nowt happened there in the end did it?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:19 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:56 am
Yeah got to be an academy head of department style role. Presumably not in post yet which is why we haven’t announced.

Interesting recalling the Kumani link from earlier in this thread - nowt happened there in the end did it?
Iles was asked about this on his pre match blog and basically said it was always going to be some sort of commercial deal and that they are just seeking attention on social media as when they tweeted that absolutely nothing was in place and he'd not hold any breath for much to come out of it. His guess was some sort of link up with the club shop or making kit etc that hasn't progressed anywhere.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:35 am

Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:30 am

Excellent news from FV. Amazing work by Sharron and her team :pissed:
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:24 pm

I'm slightly confused as I thought we had to reach agreements with the unsecured creditors prior to the sale being finalised, with payment due by the end of last month.

All appears to be in order, though.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:43 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:24 pm
I'm slightly confused as I thought we had to reach agreements with the unsecured creditors prior to the sale being finalised, with payment due by the end of last month.

I think there was some renegotiation due to COVID...they ended up with some "additional time" to that which was originally agreed.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:49 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:24 pm

I think the EFL mandate a date by which it needs to be resolved and minimum agreement is 25p in pound. But I don't think the EFL can stop agreement between club and creditors to stagger payments or defer them or make other arrangements to cover the debt.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:59 pm

I know an unsecured creditor who tells me got a call last week offering him £x a month for six months if he agreed to write-off the debt owed to him. He's accepted on the grounds it's better than nothing.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:38 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:59 pm
I know an unsecured creditor who tells me got a call last week offering him £x a month for six months if he agreed to write-off the debt owed to him. He's accepted on the grounds it's better than nothing.
He was never getting the full amount given the administration set it at an expected 35p in the pound maximum.

In theory there is no negotiation on that and the only negotiation can be the staggering of payments. The settling for an amount is not in the unsecured creditors gift. They get what is left after the admin concludes.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:24 pm

I think the point is they haven't really paid the unsecured creditors by the agreed date. However given a financial meltdown with lingering debts followed by a pandemic, if he gets the 25% and the club keeps strengthening, I'm not going to be critical.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:55 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:24 pm
I think the point is they haven't really paid the unsecured creditors by the agreed date. However given a financial meltdown with lingering debts followed by a pandemic, if he gets the 25% and the club keeps strengthening, I'm not going to be critical.
The date is to reach agreement with creditors not to necessarily pay them.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:30 am

Good stuff.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:33 am

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19 ... rformance/

Yeah going full circle and back to the days when we as a club innovated and pushed the boundaries.

Markham might be the most important appointment FV have made. Thoroughly unassuming but clearly knows his stuff and very forward thinking. I know Big Sam and Jose used to have tactical instructions uploaded onto ipods for players to absorb on the journey so I guess this is ultimately aiming to take that a step further.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:35 am

More grown-ups in the building: Steve Phillips as Chief Financial Officer and Mike Pink as Chief Commercial Officer.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19 ... enced-duo/