The Keith Hill out thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25321
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:16 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:13 am


Not played that much for them and has no goals and no assists there. One to send on his merry way if we can.
I'm wondering how many of Crawford's issues are in his head? A fantastic player for us until getting carried off against City's kids.
Not even a shadow of his former self since he returned.
Yeah. Early season, I was willing him to find some spark, any spark that showed there was the "old Ali Crawford" still in there. The other slight problem we might have is that he's on Contract with us until Summer 2022...So not one, whose Contract is expiring.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28189
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 11, 2021 10:24 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:16 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:13 am


Not played that much for them and has no goals and no assists there. One to send on his merry way if we can.
I'm wondering how many of Crawford's issues are in his head? A fantastic player for us until getting carried off against City's kids.
Not even a shadow of his former self since he returned.
Yep I suspect the injury took its toll. Looking at it now we've seen Evatt I also don't think Crawford fits his style that well. Evatt wants that workrate and defensive graft from his front 4. Definitely wasn't Crawford's game and also Crawford doesn't score enough goals IMO to be really the number 10 role we like to play with Sarce.

Time to move him on because I'm sure in the right team he can get his fitness and confidence back but I really don't see it being us.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25321
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 11, 2021 10:38 am

^^ We have a slight problem, that we've not faced for a few years, in that we might have a player we want to move on, but they're still under Contract to us. We've had to go with what we have the last few years and we've had so few players under Contract at the end of the seasons, that it's not been a problem to determine we could do without player X next season. We currently have 14 players contracted beyond the end of the season, from DSB's excellent work on the Contract Expiry thread.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20347
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 11, 2021 11:11 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:38 am
^^ We have a slight problem, that we've not faced for a few years, in that we might have a player we want to move on, but they're still under Contract to us. We've had to go with what we have the last few years and we've had so few players under Contract at the end of the seasons, that it's not been a problem to determine we could do without player X next season. We currently have 14 players contracted beyond the end of the season, from DSB's excellent work on the Contract Expiry thread.
Indeed. Contract law works both ways – it protects employee and employer. I doubt there would be protests outside the stadium if we kicked out Crawford, Comley, Greenidge, Gordon and Liam Edwards, but there would be solicitors' letters.

I've said in recent summers that I quite like the ability to slate-wipe each season, but I completely understand why we would offer longer contracts – for instance, imagine if Santos had been a free agent in a month's time. But it's always a judgement call, and one that restricts us down the line if poor choices are made, as could certainly be said for some of the above names.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10410
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by officer_dibble » Tue May 11, 2021 1:04 pm

Back to Keith Hill...has a manager ever been sacked having reached the playoffs before? I’ve seen so much in the past about how good that Palios is as an owner but feck me that seems like a shitty move? Set of bin dipping wankers!

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20347
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 11, 2021 1:19 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:04 pm
Back to Keith Hill...has a manager ever been sacked having reached the playoffs before?
Can't think of any, but I note at least one Sunderland forums already has a Lee Johnson Out thread

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue May 11, 2021 1:28 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:19 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:04 pm
Back to Keith Hill...has a manager ever been sacked having reached the playoffs before?
Can't think of any, but I note at least one Sunderland forums already has a Lee Johnson Out thread
We had someone on here advocating Evatt being sacked after the Exeter game!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20347
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:28 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:19 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:04 pm
Back to Keith Hill...has a manager ever been sacked having reached the playoffs before?
Can't think of any, but I note at least one Sunderland forums already has a Lee Johnson Out thread
We had someone on here advocating Evatt being sacked after the Exeter game!
I noticed, and had to walk away for a bit :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36915
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 11, 2021 2:42 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:19 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:04 pm
Back to Keith Hill...has a manager ever been sacked having reached the playoffs before?
Can't think of any, but I note at least one Sunderland forums already has a Lee Johnson Out thread
Wasn't Allardyce sacked by Blackpool after having reached the play-offs?
May the bridges I burn light your way

irie Cee Bee
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 752
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:55 am

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by irie Cee Bee » Tue May 11, 2021 2:42 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:32 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:28 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:19 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:04 pm
Back to Keith Hill...has a manager ever been sacked having reached the playoffs before?
Can't think of any, but I note at least one Sunderland forums already has a Lee Johnson Out thread
We had someone on here advocating Evatt being sacked after the Exeter game!
I noticed, and had to walk away for a bit :D
Me too. Seemed like he had that drafted months ago waiting for an opportunity to unleash it. Unfortunately, the team was not cooperating.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10410
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by officer_dibble » Tue May 11, 2021 2:54 pm

Probably an opposition WUM

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20347
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 11, 2021 3:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:42 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:19 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:04 pm
Back to Keith Hill...has a manager ever been sacked having reached the playoffs before?
Can't think of any, but I note at least one Sunderland forums already has a Lee Johnson Out thread
Wasn't Allardyce sacked by Blackpool after having reached the play-offs?
...and lost. If memory serves they won 2-0 away at Chris Kamara's Bradford, cocky quotes emanated (something about Wembley suits?), and lost at Bloomfield 3-0. Then he was turfed and replaced by a certain G. Megson.

I should imagine a fair few gaffers have been hoofed after failing in the playoffs, but I assumed the question was "between qualifying for them and playing the buggers" :mrgreen:
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Tue May 11, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25321
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 11, 2021 3:04 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:42 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:32 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:28 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:19 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:04 pm
Back to Keith Hill...has a manager ever been sacked having reached the playoffs before?
Can't think of any, but I note at least one Sunderland forums already has a Lee Johnson Out thread
We had someone on here advocating Evatt being sacked after the Exeter game!
I noticed, and had to walk away for a bit :D
Me too. Seemed like he had that drafted months ago waiting for an opportunity to unleash it. Unfortunately, the team was not cooperating.
Our run since the 1st January ended:

P 26
W 16 (1st in Division over time frame)
D 5
L 5 (joint lowest in Division over time frame)
GF 34 (4th despite our inability to score goals)
GA 18 (joint lowest)
Points 53 (highest)
PPG 2.04 (highest)

That would've been one tough sacking.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue May 11, 2021 3:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:42 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:19 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:04 pm
Back to Keith Hill...has a manager ever been sacked having reached the playoffs before?
Can't think of any, but I note at least one Sunderland forums already has a Lee Johnson Out thread
Wasn't Allardyce sacked by Blackpool after having reached the play-offs?
After they lost in the play offs Bruce. Blackpool won 2-0 in the 1st leg away at Bradford then inexplicably lost the home leg 0-3. Oyston, never the best where judgement is concerned, sacked him and Brown in an after match tantrum.

Edit - DSB faster fingers
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36915
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 11, 2021 5:29 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:03 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:42 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:19 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:04 pm
Back to Keith Hill...has a manager ever been sacked having reached the playoffs before?
Can't think of any, but I note at least one Sunderland forums already has a Lee Johnson Out thread
Wasn't Allardyce sacked by Blackpool after having reached the play-offs?
...and lost. If memory serves they won 2-0 away at Chris Kamara's Bradford, cocky quotes emanated (something about Wembley suits?), and lost at Bloomfield 3-0. Then he was turfed and replaced by a certain G. Megson.

I should imagine a fair few gaffers have been hoofed after failing in the playoffs, but I assumed the question was "between qualifying for them and playing the buggers" :mrgreen:
Don't come round here with your semantics, Pal. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 13088
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 12, 2021 2:07 pm

They've been on an horrendous run of form - Getting rid of the manager gives them an opportunity now. Get a bit of a bounce.

They'd have been eliminated with a whimper with Hill in charge
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20347
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 12, 2021 2:11 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:07 pm
They've been on an horrendous run of form - Getting rid of the manager gives them an opportunity now. Get a bit of a bounce.

They'd have been eliminated with a whimper with Hill in charge
So that's them with a caretaker for the play-offs, same for FGR, and now Morecambe's Derek Adams is favourite for the Bradford job vacated by Scott Sellars' lad and his mate. I'm sure Newport's Michael Flynn isn't worried...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36915
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 12, 2021 2:27 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:07 pm
They've been on an horrendous run of form - Getting rid of the manager gives them an opportunity now. Get a bit of a bounce.

They'd have been eliminated with a whimper with Hill in charge
I managed about five minutes of this. I'm yet to see Hill give an interview that can be described as being anything other than 'car crash', but it's very easy on the back of this, and especially coupled with their current form, to see why Palios has made the decision he has.
As I've said before though, Hill only lives in the house he currently lives in on the back of his Barnsley sacking pay-off, whereas me, thee or anyone would be given five minutes to gather our belongings and vacate the premises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHW1Dk3nNf8&t=324s
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 13088
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 12, 2021 2:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:27 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:07 pm
They've been on an horrendous run of form - Getting rid of the manager gives them an opportunity now. Get a bit of a bounce.

They'd have been eliminated with a whimper with Hill in charge
I managed about five minutes of this. I'm yet to see Hill give an interview that can be described as being anything other than 'car crash', but it's very easy on the back of this, and especially coupled with their current form, to see why Palios has made the decision he has.
As I've said before though, Hill only lives in the house he currently lives in on the back of his Barnsley sacking pay-off, whereas me, thee or anyone would be given five minutes to gather our belongings and vacate the premises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHW1Dk3nNf8&t=324s
Everyone else's fault for everything ever, other than his..

Dug out more people than the Archaeologists who found the Terracotta Army!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28189
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 12, 2021 2:44 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:35 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:27 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:07 pm
They've been on an horrendous run of form - Getting rid of the manager gives them an opportunity now. Get a bit of a bounce.

They'd have been eliminated with a whimper with Hill in charge
I managed about five minutes of this. I'm yet to see Hill give an interview that can be described as being anything other than 'car crash', but it's very easy on the back of this, and especially coupled with their current form, to see why Palios has made the decision he has.
As I've said before though, Hill only lives in the house he currently lives in on the back of his Barnsley sacking pay-off, whereas me, thee or anyone would be given five minutes to gather our belongings and vacate the premises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHW1Dk3nNf8&t=324s
Everyone else's fault for everything ever, other than his..

Dug out more people than the Archaeologists who found the Terracotta Army!
The thing that grates on me more than anything and actually at times makes me want to stab my own ears out is the knowing faces and noises and half sentences he does where he makes obvious he wants to say something but he can't but we all know what he wants to say. Its honestly excruciatingly awful.

Can you imagine his home life....

'Keith what do you want for tea?'

Hill *Slight grimace, eyes widen, eyebrows raise half smile before adopting a deadpan face* 'For me we should be past tea already, I've been here half an hour and tea, well tea is already done in my mind' *eyebrows raise and lower slight smirk 'I can't say what I want for tea - if I did you'd probably be offended but you know....I'm not a modern man.....' *eyebrows lower as sad face is adopted 'I'll have, I'll have whatever they tell me to have' *pointing at pigeons, eyebrows raise, half smile 'they tell me what to have'....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests