The Keith Hill out thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 12, 2021 3:12 pm

:lol:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed May 12, 2021 3:39 pm

Surely he’s done now? There’s not going to be a chairman that thinks, oh I know, Keith Hill will do us a job? He was unlucky at x/y/z?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Wed May 12, 2021 4:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:44 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:35 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:27 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:07 pm
They've been on an horrendous run of form - Getting rid of the manager gives them an opportunity now. Get a bit of a bounce.

They'd have been eliminated with a whimper with Hill in charge
I managed about five minutes of this. I'm yet to see Hill give an interview that can be described as being anything other than 'car crash', but it's very easy on the back of this, and especially coupled with their current form, to see why Palios has made the decision he has.
As I've said before though, Hill only lives in the house he currently lives in on the back of his Barnsley sacking pay-off, whereas me, thee or anyone would be given five minutes to gather our belongings and vacate the premises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHW1Dk3nNf8&t=324s
Everyone else's fault for everything ever, other than his..

Dug out more people than the Archaeologists who found the Terracotta Army!
The thing that grates on me more than anything and actually at times makes me want to stab my own ears out is the knowing faces and noises and half sentences he does where he makes obvious he wants to say something but he can't but we all know what he wants to say. Its honestly excruciatingly awful.

Can you imagine his home life....

'Keith what do you want for tea?'

Hill *Slight grimace, eyes widen, eyebrows raise half smile before adopting a deadpan face* 'For me we should be past tea already, I've been here half an hour and tea, well tea is already done in my mind' *eyebrows raise and lower slight smirk 'I can't say what I want for tea - if I did you'd probably be offended but you know....I'm not a modern man.....' *eyebrows lower as sad face is adopted 'I'll have, I'll have whatever they tell me to have' *pointing at pigeons, eyebrows raise, half smile 'they tell me what to have'....
This did make me chuckle and inspired me to have a go. It's almost as if a book of Keith Hill quotes could be written.

'When we talk about tea, of course we have to expect more. We have to expect that the tea will be nutritious, anyone can put food down on a plate and say its nutritious, but we need it to be nutritious, we have to expect it to be nutritious. The stage has been set for the food to perform, to give the players what they need and if it's not doing that then we need to take a long hard look at ourselves and make changes. Maybe we'll put some extras out wide to give us some more options, maybe a bit more togetherness to firm firm up the middle of the plate. I'm doing my part and the food has to do its part. It's no good me shouting on the side, i've tried that, sometimes it just makes things worse. We've got to bring more to the table than what we're currently bringing thats for sure.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 12, 2021 4:57 pm

He's put his reputation on the line to make that Tea
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 12, 2021 7:26 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:39 pm
Surely he’s done now? There’s not going to be a chairman that thinks, oh I know, Keith Hill will do us a job? He was unlucky at x/y/z?
A former colleague of mine and lifelong Dale supporter is shitting herself that he'll pop up at San Spotty again. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way