The Keith Hill out thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12881
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Hoboh » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:07 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:45 pm
*whistles loudly*

I have a paisley print PG hoodie that Ms Pru absolutely hates. As a result her mum now thinks that's my "thing" and I have two linen shirts (fairly normal, summery, nothing to write home about) and three plain t-shirts (save for a small PG) logo. T-shirts are class tbf. Fit really well.

As you were.
You binned the Pink dressing gown then?

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:09 am

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ccrington/

Shite like this means I cannot wait for this fool to be potted. “Personal sacrifice on my CV” - you’ve managed Barnsley and Rochdale pal. Oh and you spouted a load of shite about how proud you are to manage your hometown (cough - closet red - cough) club to get the job in the first place.

Get us relegated and get sacked you abomination.

Bertie Wooster
Promising
Promising
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:30 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:09 am
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ccrington/

Shite like this means I cannot wait for this fool to be potted. “Personal sacrifice on my CV” - you’ve managed Barnsley and Rochdale pal. Oh and you spouted a load of shite about how proud you are to manage your hometown (cough - closet red - cough) club to get the job in the first place.

Get us relegated and get sacked you abomination.
The man is a complete egotistical gobshite, what sacrifice ? have we all missed something, he's managed Rochdale (and got sacked by them) and had a couple of months of failure at Barnsley that's it isn't it ? - he was out of work with no sign of getting a job elsewhere all of a sudden its now a personal sacrifice, he's seemingly doing us a favour.

Well do us said favour & leave now.

He also thinks that its crass that we are discussing his future, and that he's being unfairly judged WTF - its now 1 win in 13, 5 defeats on the spin - how is that being unfairly judged, he's improved absolutely nothing and the team is weak as piss with no plan A, B or C. Why would anyone give him more time what is it that he's doing that should give us hope. I'm sure that if the fans saw some signs of progress or a plan on the pitch to give some hope for next season then they would back him & give him time - but there isn't and he's just trying to buy time as he knows if he gets sacked here then he isn't getting a job elsewhere anytime soon, and nothing is ever his fault.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26509
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:41 am

For me (apart from the fact he makes me want to gouge my brain out with rusty tweasers every time he deigns to talk to us little folk via the media) it isn't results. Results were mainly irrelevant this season. But even December time when results were far from stellar we still roughly could predict the team and always had some good spells in games. Even though form had dipped by then I could at least see something.

But now - we have zero clue what KH wants to do next season, how he'd set us up, what the long term planning is, who he'd want to keep, what units on the pitch he's building in readiness. Its a complete mess. And I'm totally confident he doesn't know either.

Guff like "personal sacrifice on my CV" - you were unemployed and going fecking nowhere after being sacked by Rochdale - yes Rochdale, the only club you've managed and done a half decent job at. You got this job and it was far more than you ever could have expected. You did not do us a favour you egotistical prick.

Bertie Wooster
Promising
Promising
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:53 am

Keith also says "we are leading towards success" really !

The_Gun
Promising
Promising
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 am

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by The_Gun » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:08 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:09 am
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ccrington/

Shite like this means I cannot wait for this fool to be potted. “Personal sacrifice on my CV” - you’ve managed Barnsley and Rochdale pal. Oh and you spouted a load of shite about how proud you are to manage your hometown (cough - closet red - cough) club to get the job in the first place.

Get us relegated and get sacked you abomination.
I do wonder why FV have been so quiet recently. No public backing for Hill and no updates on what's going on behind the scenes. They don't seem the type of people to not have a plan, so perhaps they know Hill won't be around long and are searching for a successor.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12994
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by boltonboris » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:09 am

The guy's a huge danger to our club. Pot him now and let somebody else have a go at getting a tune out of what is, despite all the denials, a squad with some very experienced players in it and some promising youngsters
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12994
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by boltonboris » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:10 am

Makes out like he's doing us a favour too, just for being here.

We are fvckin Bolton Wanderers and he's fvckin Keith Hill!!! Tell me who's got the better deal out of this?!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26509
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:33 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:10 am
Makes out like he's doing us a favour too, just for being here.

We are fvckin Bolton Wanderers and he's fvckin Keith Hill!!! Tell me who's got the better deal out of this?!
Tell you what - he's put himself out and been a love. But its not really fair to deny him the chance to go and manage at a higher level - so I say, ta Keith, you've done your sacrifice - time to go and get the Man U job or whatever job you clearly would have got were it not for your great and personal sacrifice leaving the dole queue to come here.....

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:20 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:09 am
The guy's a huge danger to our club. Pot him now and let somebody else have a go at getting a tune out of what is, despite all the denials, a squad with some very experienced players in it and some promising youngsters
I’m thinking let him get that relegation on his CV, seeing as he is pretty bothered about what his CV actually contains. Pot him but get someone in...no jimmy Phillips 0-7’s please.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18123
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:36 pm

If you’re gonna pot him there’s no point rushing to replace him now when there might be better options in summer. That’s just storing up problems for next season. And it also makes the new guy’s record this season absolutely vital in the attitude to next season. What if the saviour loses more than he wins?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26509
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:45 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:36 pm
If you’re gonna pot him there’s no point rushing to replace him now when there might be better options in summer. That’s just storing up problems for next season. And it also makes the new guy’s record this season absolutely vital in the attitude to next season. What if the saviour loses more than he wins?
On the other hand - its a free hit for a new bloke with an incredibly low benchmark.

And I don't believe, even if results fail, its possible to find anyone as annoying as KH....surely to god....

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2200
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:25 pm

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:45 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:36 pm
If you’re gonna pot him there’s no point rushing to replace him now when there might be better options in summer. That’s just storing up problems for next season. And it also makes the new guy’s record this season absolutely vital in the attitude to next season. What if the saviour loses more than he wins?
On the other hand - its a free hit for a new bloke with an incredibly low benchmark.

And I don't believe, even if results fail, its possible to find anyone as annoying as KH....surely to god....
We said this season was a free hit for Hill. Look at us now.

Bertie Wooster
Promising
Promising
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:04 pm

As I said a week or so ago, to which DSB rightly asked why wait - I honestly think that FV will pot Hill the minute relegation is confirmed, Hill is getting serious stick from a lot on the forums, social media etc, and he is under pressure and he's responding in the egotistical way that Hill does - so If they (FV) have faith in him and seriously want him to manage us next season in League 2, then they (FV) would surely come out & tell the fans that they back him and that he's here for the long term and they won't be sacking him anytime soon - which although it would piss some fans off would cool everything down.

But the silence from FV for me is telling - also what is the point of bringing Kenyon & Joaquin in above Hill if they going to continue with Hill, they will hopefully have been planning & sounding potential managers & players out for next season, otherwise if we are going to continue with the Hill bullshit show next season why bring those two in ? Kenyon knows his stuff & is experienced at the top level, he won't have come to Bolton to be involved in League 2 unless he can seriously influence & make decisions.

I'm hopeful (not confident) that FV and their advisors know what they are doing and have a plan for next season that does not include Hill & Flitcroft.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:08 pm

I started avoiding his interviews pretty early on to be honest. His verbal diarroeah was easier to put down to quirkiness when the football was much improved and we were getting a few points.

Even the most eloquent manager has a hard time convincing folk he knows what he's doing when his sides in freefall. Hills got no chance.
He wasted his free hit and just invited greater scrutiny when he hit back at his non existent critics several weeks back.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:37 pm

feck it
Pot him now and give it Kenyon 😂

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26509
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:47 am

Hill today in his article where he says we're not good enough....
“People keep saying look at the team-sheet, name-wise, but it’s about performances and fitness."
Now - I'm not being funny - but if you've got a teamsheet "names wise" you consider good enough then isn't it your job Keith to find a way to get them as fit as possible and get performances out of them? Is that not what you're actually here for?

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18123
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:19 pm

Just a note which may help adjust expectations: no team relegated to D4 has made it back as high as D2, let alone D1, since Bournemouth in 2008.

So all we need is one of the best managers of his generation and a mysterious Russian backer happy to bankroll us way beyond our profitability.

This does not, of course, mean I think Keith Hill is excellent or even competent, but anybody expecting this relegation to be a springboard back to the top of the game might be accused of ignoring history and arguably reality. Game's gone a long way since we last fell this far, back before the backpass was outlawed.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26509
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:30 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:19 pm
Just a note which may help adjust expectations: no team relegated to D4 has made it back as high as D2, let alone D1, since Bournemouth in 2008.

So all we need is one of the best managers of his generation and a mysterious Russian backer happy to bankroll us way beyond our profitability.

This does not, of course, mean I think Keith Hill is excellent or even competent, but anybody expecting this relegation to be a springboard back to the top of the game might be accused of ignoring history and arguably reality. Game's gone a long way since we last fell this far, back before the backpass was outlawed.
Yep its a significant worry - but we'll bounce back - to where exactly I'm not sure.

Also I don't think EH is all that. One club, potentially one trick pony, backed extensively as you say. But we'll see.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18123
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:32 pm

I would think significantly less of Eddie Howe if he weren't still coaching a core of the same players he had down in the doldrum years. That's either great development or enormous luck.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests