Another fine mess Stanley (H) 29.2.2020 3pm KO

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Another fine mess Stanley (H) 29.2.2020 3pm KO

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:05 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:26 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:30 pm
Played some good football in the first half. Pretty poor in the 2nd half though and it felt like we needed a change.
Politics decision making needs to improve if he's going to fulfill his potential.
Nice to see Zouma back in the side and he played well. He certainly makes me less nervous than Nsiala
You mean apart from the two times Zouma got in a right mess and they almost scored? Christ I thought he was a liability coming on.
I saw him win a couple of late saving challenges, one in particular that a grateful Matthew's hugged him for. Nsiala's judgement with a high or bouncing ball has been found wanting, and nearly cost us in our last 3 games.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:17 am

With you Henry, thought he did well.

Did worry when he and Nsiala went to the same chap in the box however he quickly realised and sorted it out.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:28 am

As much as some mention it was a better performance but we still can't score goals. Not good enough regardless.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:29 am

Athertonian wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:28 am
As much as some mention it was a better performance we still can't score goals. Not good enough regardless.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:37 am

Deciding which of Nsiala or Zouma is more likely to lose concentration and give a goal away is an indication of how far we've come... but I guess people need something (else) to "discuss" after a result which satisfies neither side of the Hillcroft in/out divide's hopes and fears.

A 0-0 at home with Accy is never bound to break out the bunting, but arresting a run of six straight defeats dampens the revolutionary ardour.

A second clean sheet since Boxing Day is reason to smile, but at the other end we've had a third blank in four games - our joint-bluntest four-game league spell under Hill (along with his second to fifth games, which slightly more fruitfully included two 0-0 draws).

22 attempts on goal is good, only getting four of them on target is bad.

So yeah, IMO Nsiala is very slightly less accident-prone than Zouma, but then again he's older.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:22 pm

Must have been a good result as the chat on here is rather slow.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:52 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:22 pm
Do you seriously belief this ? or are you after a reaction.

The reason that the chat on here is rather slow IMO is because everything regarding BWFC is fcuking depressing at the moment, sliding into League 2 for the 1st time since the 80's with a whimper, but the 'do gooders' think a 0-0 at home against Accrington is acceptable and should be celebrated.

I'm sick to death of some of our supporters (deemed realistic or not) accepting absolute mediocrity. I know the club is in a bad place but FFS have some fcuking ambition, I for one are embarrassed to be returning to Division 4 as I never ever thought that we would return to how we were in the early & mid 80's.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:14 pm

I have plenty of ambition for my team. Unfortunately, that has zero impact on their ability to win matches. In fact, they might not even be aware of it. I don't think we've performed as well as I expected (whilst always being of the opinion we'd get relegated). I give an ironic cheer to our recent unbeaten run which is now longer than Liverpool's.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:30 pm

Not as depressing as it was a few months ago.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:32 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:52 pm

The reason that the chat on here is rather slow IMO is because everything regarding BWFC is fcuking depressing at the moment, sliding into League 2 for the 1st time since the 80's with a whimper, but the 'do gooders' think a 0-0 at home against Accrington is acceptable and should be celebrated.

I'm sick to death of some of our supporters (deemed realistic or not) accepting absolute mediocrity. I know the club is in a bad place but FFS have some fcuking ambition, I for one are embarrassed to be returning to Division 4 as I never ever thought that we would return to how we were in the early & mid 80's.
I don't disagree that it's depressing but not getting worked up at where we are right now isn't accepting mediocrity, it's being realistic.

I was stood outside the executive club last time we slipped into division 4, shouting abuse at the directors with a few hundred others. I'm too old for that caper now but I dont care any less about my team. I know that one day we'll be successful again, hopefully in my lifetime, and I'll enjoy the ride when it happens. We've just got to do the hard yards (again) first.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:52 am

Hobbs injured again. Shouldn’t pull on the shirt again IMO, got to stop pandering to these players who have been a drain on resources. Plan for next season with Delaney and Zouma...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:53 am

DJBlu wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:22 pm
Unfortunately it’s a pointless result. December and January saw to that.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:56 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:32 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:

I don't disagree that it's depressing but not getting worked up at where we are right now isn't accepting mediocrity, it's being realistic.

I was stood outside the executive club last time we slipped into division 4, shouting abuse at the directors with a few hundred others. I'm too old for that caper now but I dont care any less about my team. I know that one day we'll be successful again, hopefully in my lifetime, and I'll enjoy the ride when it happens. We've just got to do the hard yards (again) first.
Aye so was I and probably a few others on here, and I never thought that we would ever end up back in the same position.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:18 am

Saturday’s result, which ended a run of five consecutive defeats, was marred by a slight hamstring injury which forced Jack Hobbs off at half time.

'Marred'? He's been absolutely shocking!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:22 am

We're not a business that generates shitloads of income. Ignoring broadcasting for a minute, at our height in the Prem, we were still only generating a max of £9.7m in gate receipts. In the year we got relegated that was down to £5.7m - with corporate and merch etc. we sort of maxed out at £18m in our best year, but typically nearer £12/13m overall. In 2016/17 our total revenue was declared at £6.6m excl £1.7m of broadcasting. The rateable value, on the stadium was until very recently £1.8m...That's the best part of £1m spent, before anyone's switched the floodlights on or paid the rates on any of the non-Stadium assets.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:22 am

Wigan tried (and I think failed) to get theirs reduced when they went down.

That's certainly an eye-watering sum!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:25 am

Don't know what happened when everything got revalued. We even had any accounts since then :lol: ?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:54 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:

0-0 against Accrington is a good result though isn't it? Unless you've not noticed, we are rock bottom of the table, and Accrington are 16 points clear of us (ignoring our 12 point deduction). Given that we largely bossed the game, not a bad result from my perspective.

I suspect i'm one of the supporters whom you are sick to death of accepting our position. I apologise for this, and I do share the frustrations you have, but I simply don't see the alternative at the moment. Of course I want more: I want us to compete in every game, and I want us to win, and I desperately want us to be back in the Prem and competing against the likes of Bayern again, but simple fact, this ain't happening any time soon. 6 months ago we were facing going to the wall and ceasing to exist for ever, after years of being bled dry and bad management. I don't like where we are now, but I am thankful we are still here, and we don't have any right to bounce back over night. We have years of rebuilding ahead. Years.

I don't like it, and I don't enjoy it, but we can't change where we find ourselves at this point in time, so I am accepting of it at the moment as we are in a far far better place today than we were 6 months ago.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:07 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:25 am
Don't know what happened when everything got revalued. We even had any accounts since then :lol: ?
The rateable value got slashed to ~£850k (of which you pay about half in business rates) - but due to the "transition period" over which it scales down, we haven't had much benefit yet and won't get the full benefit until around next year...

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:01 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:54 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:

0-0 against Accrington is a good result though isn't it? Unless you've not noticed, we are rock bottom of the table, and Accrington are 16 points clear of us (ignoring our 12 point deduction). Given that we largely bossed the game, not a bad result from my perspective.

I suspect i'm one of the supporters whom you are sick to death of accepting our position. I apologise for this, and I do share the frustrations you have, but I simply don't see the alternative at the moment. Of course I want more: I want us to compete in every game, and I want us to win, and I desperately want us to be back in the Prem and competing against the likes of Bayern again, but simple fact, this ain't happening any time soon. 6 months ago we were facing going to the wall and ceasing to exist for ever, after years of being bled dry and bad management. I don't like where we are now, but I am thankful we are still here, and we don't have any right to bounce back over night. We have years of rebuilding ahead. Years.

I don't like it, and I don't enjoy it, but we can't change where we find ourselves at this point in time, so I am accepting of it at the moment as we are in a far far better place today than we were 6 months ago.
:pray: