Division Four, 2020-?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bertie Wooster
Promising
Promising

Re: Division Four, 2020-?

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:02 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:21 pm
It only takes a few to spend 100k here n there to potentially make "nowt" a poor investment...
I only takes a good manager and good decisions to more than compensate for that level of spending. Allardyce managed to do it spectacularly. Parky managed to do it less spectacularly but equally impressively in relative terms.

I think the situation needs a manager who sees an opportunity to overcome the challenges whereas I fear Hill sees the challenges as too much to take on.
Yes agree, Hill appears to see the challenges as negatives with everything appearing to be going against him, and he also uses the challenges as weekly excuses for the poor performances & results, and his own poor management.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:16 pm

Looking back at the opening post, around 20-25% chance of going straight back up. That means a 75-80% chance of not doing so.

I don't doubt for one minute that it's got to be better to have a good manager than a poor one. That'd be plain stupid.

We have no notion whether we'll be competing on wages (least I don't anyhow) for free signing or not. Until we know that I don't think it's any easier to get out of any Division. Salford (and other) have historically rocketed through the non-leagues because they've shelled money out which would suggests to me that money still plays a fairly big part wherever you are in the pyramid.

Mar
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Mar » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:09 am

Well folks money isn't everything and I'm sure we'll have at least some competitive edge in terms of pulling players.

Whilst teams like Barrow may be the new up and comers with a good manager heading into the league, the fact that we've got a massively higher quality stadium and facilities may prove a decisive factor.

I'd like to think our new board have enough to steady the ship and prevent another lower league scrap, god knows we've had enough of them this past decade. 4 relegations in 9 seasons. Let's not make it 5 in 10.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:47 pm

Isn't our training ground Dog & Duck standard?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:37 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:16 pm
Looking back at the opening post, around 20-25% chance of going straight back up. That means a 75-80% chance of not doing so.

I don't doubt for one minute that it's got to be better to have a good manager than a poor one. That'd be plain stupid.

We have no notion whether we'll be competing on wages (least I don't anyhow) for free signing or not. Until we know that I don't think it's any easier to get out of any Division. Salford (and other) have historically rocketed through the non-leagues because they've shelled money out which would suggests to me that money still plays a fairly big part wherever you are in the pyramid.
Do you ever leave %'s out of anything Mr W? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:17 pm

About 3% of the time.