Summer 2020 transfers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by The_Gun » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:13 pm

I reckon only a backup LWB now and we'll be done. Astonishingly efficient work by the club, and I'd say the rest of League 2 are shiteing it right now.

Brockbank, Senior, Graham, Thomason and King-Harmes now look certainties to be loaned out.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:22 pm

I reckon we need at least one other ST to be safe.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:29 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:13 pm
I reckon only a backup LWB now and we'll be done. Astonishingly efficient work by the club, and I'd say the rest of League 2 are shiteing it right now.

Brockbank, Senior, Graham, Thomason and King-Harmes now look certainties to be loaned out.
Actually Brockbank not a guarantee to be loaned, the others definitely.

In terms of forwards we've got 3 traditional 'out-and-out strikers', then Politic who I assume will also compete for one of those spots. Not sure we need another body there.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:29 pm

Quite the day.

I'd agree we need one more LWB - still no Bunney, so presumably we're still assessing options - and yes, one more striker (or two if Evatt doesn't fancy Faal and intends to loan him out) – probably a released young 'un we take a punt on.

On Brocky, I'd have to ask whether it's better for his development to go on loan or to be our fifth- or sixth-choice centre-back.

As noted, this is impressive work by the club. Not a supermarket trolley dash, but what seems a focused, thoughtful selection. It also combines box-ready League-experienced players with a few who have great potential to improve - Moneyballers, if you like.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:32 pm

Depends if the gaffer views Politic as a make shift striker? Or perhaps altering his 5-3-2 to a 4-2-3-1 if injuries struck? I reckon Darcy, Politic, Alexander and Brockers are the only youngsters with a shout of not going out on loan.

It's definitely something to ponder until the season kicks off.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:08 pm
truewhite15 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:20 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:13 pm
sonicthewhite wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:11 pm
Hmmm :? A RB? We already have an RB in Brockers. I wonder if Evatt doesn't rate Brockers to adapt in to a wingback yet fancies Hickman capable of playing there? we shall have to wait and see I suppose. This does feel like Brockers will be going out on loan though :|
There is no way on gods earth that Brockbank is a suitable wingback.
Absolutely not. But would be well suited to the right side of the back three, IMO. I think there's going to be a lot of squad rotation this year, given the compressed season and the cups, so he should see a lot of game time - and there's a lot of people seemingly wanting to cast him aside in favour of Santos or Greenidge. New toy syndrome?
Alex Baptiste is still around too. We’ve got Taft, Santos, Greenidge, Delaney already....if we sign Baptiste as well....

Personally I think Brocky may be one who goes out on loan. We will see.
He quite possibly will, but there's little to suggest that right now that Harry is behind Greenidge and Santos in the pecking order. Assuming that Taft and Delaney, as left-footers, are choices for either left side or centre defence, Brockbank is just as likely as either of the other two to fill either right side or centre.

On Politic, I'd be astonished if he isn't a regular in the side, either as a supporting striker or as one of the three centre mids. Crawford, Politic and Sarcevic in the middle - we hardly need two "combative" midfield types if we're playing three centre backs with wing backs in support...

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:35 pm

Outgoing (loan)

From Twitter, this guy is normally correct with what he tweets. Thomason was on loan at Bamber Bridge for the second half of last season until the season was abandoned. He obviously impressed enough for them to want him back. They play in the Northern Premier League, Step 3 of Non-League, one below the National League North (or the Conference North in old money).

Last edited by brommers95 on Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:40 pm

That could be a good move for him as he already knows the club, team and set-up so should slot straight in. That and the fact that he has already started pre-season should make him sharper and ready for the off. So far I've been impressed with the way the club is being managed.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:46 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:40 pm
That could be a good move for him as he already knows the club, team and set-up so should slot straight in. That and the fact that he has already started pre-season should make him sharper and ready for the off. So far I've been impressed with the way the club is being managed.
Incredibly refreshing to see the club run in such an efficient manner with purpose and a definable footballing philosophy. A million miles away from our used car salesman era. The only negative being that it’s looking likely we won’t be allowed into grounds to witness our transformation on the pitch for at least a few months...

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:48 pm

Couldn't agree more mate.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:34 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:34 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:08 pm
truewhite15 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:20 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:13 pm
sonicthewhite wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:11 pm
Hmmm :? A RB? We already have an RB in Brockers. I wonder if Evatt doesn't rate Brockers to adapt in to a wingback yet fancies Hickman capable of playing there? we shall have to wait and see I suppose. This does feel like Brockers will be going out on loan though :|
There is no way on gods earth that Brockbank is a suitable wingback.
Absolutely not. But would be well suited to the right side of the back three, IMO. I think there's going to be a lot of squad rotation this year, given the compressed season and the cups, so he should see a lot of game time - and there's a lot of people seemingly wanting to cast him aside in favour of Santos or Greenidge. New toy syndrome?
Alex Baptiste is still around too. We’ve got Taft, Santos, Greenidge, Delaney already....if we sign Baptiste as well....

Personally I think Brocky may be one who goes out on loan. We will see.
He quite possibly will, but there's little to suggest that right now that Harry is behind Greenidge and Santos in the pecking order. Assuming that Taft and Delaney, as left-footers, are choices for either left side or centre defence, Brockbank is just as likely as either of the other two to fill either right side or centre.

On Politic, I'd be astonished if he isn't a regular in the side, either as a supporting striker or as one of the three centre mids. Crawford, Politic and Sarcevic in the middle - we hardly need two "combative" midfield types if we're playing three centre backs with wing backs in support...
Politic will have to earn his place and will have to be far more consistent both in and between games to do that. I think he will be seen as a sub coming on to change a game. I think he still has a way to go to prove he has a career in league football in him.

We’ve not loaned White to stick him on’t bench and Comley is there too...plus Darcy...

I think the competition will be interesting.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:54 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:17 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:02 pm
After all these years of seeing his name crop up here n there, does this mean I now have to work out how it's pronounced? Another striker to add to the party - I've no idea how this group of players will turn out on the pitch, but I can't fault the way we've been going about our business.
Dell-fon-so.
Thanks! I'd got as far as Dell-Fow-Nesso!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:57 pm

Is that it? Are we done now? I haven't previously heard of a single one of them, let alone know where they play or where they're all from, so I very much look forward to flicking the kettle on and pawing my way through DSB's list when it's up to snuff. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:02 pm

We still look a little light on leaders/experience to me.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:26 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:02 pm

Oooh! You're so old school, Harry. No leaders, no experience. Just systems, formations and DofFs. Running the channels, link play, wing backs and a 'keeper who can't catch a cold, but can play out with his feet. That's where we're at now, bro.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:38 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:26 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Oooh! You're so old school, Harry. No leaders, no experience. Just systems, formations and DofFs. Running the channels, link play, wing backs and a 'keeper who can't catch a cold, but can play out with his feet. That's where we're at now, bro.
You'll be telling me next that the trainers dont have a bucket and sponge anymore
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:13 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:57 pm
Is that it? Are we done now? I haven't previously heard of a single one of them, let alone know where they play or where they're all from, so I very much look forward to flicking the kettle on and pawing my way through DSB's list when it's up to snuff. ;)
Ha! Sorry gaffer, busy today/tomorrow..,

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:45 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:13 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Ha! Sorry gaffer, busy today/tomorrow..,
No rush, brother. :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:47 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:26 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Isn't the new boy from Blackpool a 'big unit'? I'm looking forward to seeing our centre halves twatting it one up to him. :|

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:51 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I suspect we still want one or two more...certainly having the bulk of the squad here ready to gel in pre season is almost unheard of at Bolton. Especially in these times when season is still more than a month away.