Would you get an iFollow season ticket?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Would you get an iFollow season ticket?

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:28 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:10 pm
Yeah, but I suppose the single lads get hit and the families save money. If you're a couple with three kids and your parents pop over too then it's an absolute bargain.
Not sure a tenner is bad pricing for a match...at all. Club has to get cash in somehow.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:28 pm
Not sure a tenner is bad pricing for a match...at all. Club has to get cash in somehow.
As I said previously, I think the games are worth a few quid; but I can see why some people think a tenner for a game they'd pay the same to watch live is a bit much. If it's one person watching the game I get why they might carp a bit. If the club could charge "per viewer" it might be a fiver each, but that's not possible and ten quid per game for however many you can fit round a screen is good value.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:39 pm

There'll only be one watching in my gaff...no carping here. £10 for 90 minutes pure bliss, well worth it. Of course it'll probably be a shitshow and I'll want £7.50 back. :-)

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:56 pm

I'll be asking for 50p back every time it buffers. With the internet around here I'll make a fortune by the end of 90 minutes.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:44 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Yeah, but I suppose the single lads get hit and the families save money. If you're a couple with three kids and your parents pop over too then it's an absolute bargain.
Aye, very fair point.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:44 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Aye, very fair point.
Might take a different view when it turns out the kids have given granddad covid. :shock:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:48 am

We! Are! Topotheleague!

Daily Mail (sorry) says we've had more iFollow eyeballs than any other D4 team.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... eline.html

v Newport, we had 6,223, which seems to be the top D4 attendance - we had "more than 14,500 for three Bolton games in League Two, which yielded no points and no goals." Alright, cock off. Highest Sep figure across all (EFL) comps was 15,452 for Everton-West Ham.

Interestingly given previous discussions, "Each division voted on how to split the revenue. In the Championship, home clubs take all the money from streams they sell. In League One, it is split by a formula devising what the attendance might have been. And in League Two, the hosts take the first 500 streams sold by the away team."

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:06 am

Andy Holt has shared some figures...
https://twitter.com/AndyhHolt/status/13 ... 1672885250
Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 10.04.50.png
Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 10.04.50.png (630.81 KiB) Viewed 1986 times

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:37 pm

Been emailed a survey about iFollow, so I assume everyone who's watched a stream will too. Takes about 10 minutes, so get a brew and do it on company time, but if you like watching from home it's worth it - the more people respond, the stronger the case for streaming to continue after stadiums reopen. (As I said in the survey, I don't believe the option of watching at home would stop people who'd go anyway, but it would add revenue for those who could never get there.)

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:06 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:37 pm
Been emailed a survey about iFollow, so I assume everyone who's watched a stream will too. Takes about 10 minutes, so get a brew and do it on company time, but if you like watching from home it's worth it - the more people respond, the stronger the case for streaming to continue after stadiums reopen. (As I said in the survey, I don't believe the option of watching at home would stop people who'd go anyway, but it would add revenue for those who could never get there.)
I've enjoyed having iFollow. The inconvenience of travelling to an away match only to play out a 0-0 draw is enough to put off a lot of punters, but now the option is there for watching (and paying for) games that normally wouldn't be attended.

It's not going to be everyones cup of tea and certainly isn't going to beat the match day experience at its finest (ala Nottingham Forest comeback for example) but its much better than not having the option.

I'd look at renewing next year via iFollow.

Hopefully it'll bring down the prices for actually attending. I'd rather see a sell out ground at really affordable prices. I remember rocking up at the Macron with the kids on the opening day of the 2015 season thinking i'd look at getting them in. The game wasn't sold out and the kids were too young to fully pay attention (1 and 3 year old), only to be told it was gonna cost me an extra 40 quid or so to get them in. Sod that. At least with iFollow I can put it on and try and get them engaged with it without having to cringe at the pricing. (I also remember on the day that we'd got rid of Jermaine Beckford, Craig Davies, Gudjohnsen and Shola Ameobi, so our attacking prospect of a free transfer Madine wasn't exactly filling me with much enthusiasm).

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:27 pm

No survey here, so might be a random selection Barnetto. Like many I'm often away with work so the option to watch a match that I couldn't possibly attend would be welcome. I have a sneaking suspicion that I might also be tempted for a few I might otherwise attend too, unfortunately, I can recall numerous games down the years where I've spent the entire 90 minutes wondering "wtf am I doing here?"

Yellow Banner Update: Survey arrived just after I typed this! :-)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:05 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:27 pm
I have a sneaking suspicion that I might also be tempted for a few I might otherwise attend too
This is obviously the risk, financially. (Emotionally, I guess the risk is that it's easier to disengage from a screen habit than an attendance habit.) But it's a question that's going to be asked and I guess every club will make their own calculations and guesstimations as to whether the reward is worth the risk.

In fag-packet terms if it's £10 for a stream and £20 for a ticket, clubs will have to guess how many tenners they'd gain who could never get a ticket, then subtract the tenners they might lose from stay-at-home supporters. Football has been both mesmerised and terrified by TV for a while and I'm still broadly in support of the Saturday 3pm TV blackout, but we should be able to buy a ticket to watch online.

From my viewpoint, while I've got to as many away games down this end as time and work permits, I don't think I've been to the UniBol since it was the Reebok - maybe just about the Macron. Had I been able to spend a tenner to watch the club would have had £230 (plus cup games) from me a season just for those, let alone the aways that were just too far. Equally, there'll be fans in God's country that won't spend an entire Saturday trekking all the way down here and back, but might watch a stream for a tenner.

I don't think it's ever, ever going to replace being at the match, but it's not a bad methadone and I'm happy to cough up for it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:11 pm

Aye but I might only make 10-15 games a season anyhow...so they get 200-300 out of me at your £20 a game, but I'm much more likely to be able to pay for all 26 for those where I'm working away/working :-) late...so would probably be about the same for me.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
No survey here, so might be a random selection Barnetto. Like many I'm often away with work so the option to watch a match that I couldn't possibly attend would be welcome. I have a sneaking suspicion that I might also be tempted for a few I might otherwise attend too, unfortunately, I can recall numerous games down the years where I've spent the entire 90 minutes wondering "wtf am I doing here?"

Absolutely my view too. Frequently away for work (in normal times) so would love it then. But on a cold wet Tuesday in November when I literally have to leave the office to get to the ground minutes before kick off and sit through a cold turgid 0-0 or similar...would I be tempted to go home and stream it? You bet.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:28 pm

I'd get one just for the away games I cant get to. I'm so desperate to see us live again i cant see it ever replacing home games though, no matter how wet and cold it is!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:16 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

Absolutely my view too. Frequently away for work (in normal times) so would love it then. But on a cold wet Tuesday in November when I literally have to leave the office to get to the ground minutes before kick off and sit through a cold turgid 0-0 or similar...would I be tempted to go home and stream it? You bet.
We used to *dream* of turgid 0-0s. :mrgreen:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:56 pm

Does iFollow work overseas, do we know?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:56 pm
I think so. I think it *only* used to work overseas, that was what it was for (extra cash for clubs from ex-pats where you weren't going to get the coverage). Then got repurposed after Covid (think you could get non Sat 3pms only here before)
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:05 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:58 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I think so. I think it *only* used to work overseas, that was what it was for (extra cash for clubs from ex-pats where you weren't going to get the coverage). Then got repurposed after Covid (think you could get non Sat 3pms only here before)
Precisely this.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:16 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:58 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Cheers, mate. I guess I can always go through the company VPN anyway, or at least I can try ;)