Haven't Seen You Her-Bi-Vore. Inaugural Meat-ing. Forest Green Rovers (H) Sat 12/09/20 15:00 (Division 4)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Haven't Seen You Her-Bi-Vore. Inaugural Meat-ing. Forest Green Rovers (H) Sat 12/09/20 15:00 (Division 4)

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:33 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:05 am
Barrow's poor start last season is a glimmer of hope, sounds like it clicked all of a sudden and they went on a brilliant run.
I don't think one league game in is reasonable to rush to judgement about much else than the game itself. The thing I was most miffed about is that I think he has in his head his best XI and he was determined to pick it despite evidence to the contrary in the games we've seen. Assuming Miller picked up a niggle but Crawford and Hickman were better than the two we put on the park yesterday.

Defence is still one for The Sorting Hat. I thought Santos looked slightly better than Bratfurt, but from a very low bar.

Baptiste never a leader whilst I have hole in my arse.

Greednidge, we'd have probably been better with Taft, he clearly needs more time.

Gordon, no better than Jones.

White/Comley both below par yesterday, they're better than that performance, Tutte looked ok.

Delf busy as usual, Doyle not much service again.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Haven't Seen You Her-Bi-Vore. Inaugural Meat-ing. Forest Green Rovers (H) Sat 12/09/20 15:00 (Division 4)

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:41 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:16 am
LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:05 am
Barrow's poor start last season is a glimmer of hope, sounds like it clicked all of a sudden and they went on a brilliant run.
I think that's the hope many of us are hanging onto. It is hard though, to imagine that group yesterday going on a long unbeaten run.
I don’t know - once Doyle finds the net and Sarce finds his purpose, there’s plenty of potential for the pieces to fall together well. I don’t know how long that will take; as I say it feels like there are systemic problems in when/how to pass when we have the ball and how to react when we don’t. That really needs time on the coaching pitch - and with no midweeker, we have it in the forthcoming days.

What intrigued me is how many times on that run Barrow went behind. This system/style could really punish opponents who are trailing, as I said before we lost at home to Forest Green Rovers.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:02 am

Evatt will turn this around I have absolutely no doubt, its only 1 game however disappointing the performance was.

We have some decent players at this level, who will gel with game time - Doyle, Sarce, Fonz & Ali Crawford, 4 quality players at this level. It will take Evatt a few games to decide on his best team as even though these players have been recruited to specifically play in Evatt's formation & way of playing, it does look like 2 or 3 of them (the ones from non -league) are probably not of a good enough quality and its perhaps too much of a step up ?. I can see Taft, Delaney, Hickman & Mascoll becoming regular starters moving forward.

It appears that Evatt is close to bringing in a decent attacking player, but for me I think that we need a midfield enforcer, a ball winner type to sit in front of the back 3, so that the other midfielders can press more & play further up the pitch - that's if squad numbers allow ?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:46 pm

Might be part of the answer Bertie, but thought that's what White and Comley were supposed to be doing in part. There does seem to be too much space between half way and our 18 yard on too many occasions. Noticable to me that Crellin was trying to marshall the defence a bit more yesterday. Make me wonder who is leading the defence, coz I'm not seeing who that person is...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:03 pm

Comley is a big problem I think. Very poor yesterday, probably the worst. With a decent shield in his position that defence might get away with a lot more.
He's played quite a few games at this level and is still young, so I'm not for writing him off. Also not sure who else can play that role effectively.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:12 pm

Afternoon all, hopefully we are on our way to overcoming the disappointment of yesterday. I'm here to ask a favour - I am currently unable to view the full match replay for some reason and I would rather like to watch the game back (yes I'm that mad) - therefore if anyone who bought the FGR iFollow match pass could relay to me whether they are able to watch the full match replay, I can ascertain whether it is a problem at my end or a universal problem with iFollow. Cheers

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:18 pm

Heat maps. Hmm.
Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 13.17.51.png
Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 13.17.51.png (795.17 KiB) Viewed 1681 times

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:24 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:12 pm
Afternoon all, hopefully we are on our way to overcoming the disappointment of yesterday. I'm here to ask a favour - I am currently unable to view the full match replay for some reason and I would rather like to watch the game back (yes I'm that mad) - therefore if anyone who bought the FGR iFollow match pass could relay to me whether they are able to watch the full match replay, I can ascertain whether it is a problem at my end or a universal problem with iFollow. Cheers

It's available for me, but then I pay a monthly fee for iFollow separately from the "free" access I get as a season ticket holder. I wonder if that's why.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:43 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:24 pm
brommers95 wrote:

It's available for me, but then I pay a monthly fee for iFollow separately from the "free" access I get as a season ticket holder. I wonder if that's why.
Cheers. Although I’m led to believe that monthly subscription no longer allows access to match video, only audio.

From the EFL iFollow website:

I’m already an iFollow subscriber in the UK, will I be able to watch the remaining games via my existing subscription?

In the UK any iFollow annual or monthly subscription will only entitle a fan to listen to games. If a holder of one of those passes is ALSO a season ticket holder at their Club, then they should have received a promotional code in order to view the games at no fee (subject to access provided by each Club). If they are not a season ticket holder, then they will need to buy a match pass at £10 per game.

Are you an international watcher perchance?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:46 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
brommers95 wrote:

I'm a match-by-matcher; if I sign in and follow the "replay" link on the website it takes me to this URL (note suffix):

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures ... video=true

...which is a match report with no video (yet?)

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:01 pm

I have a subscription and a match pass and the full replay isn't there for me yet either. I get the same match report.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:05 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:43 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
brommers95 wrote:

Cheers. Although I’m led to believe that monthly subscription no longer allows access to match video, only audio.

From the EFL iFollow website:

I’m already an iFollow subscriber in the UK, will I be able to watch the remaining games via my existing subscription?

In the UK any iFollow annual or monthly subscription will only entitle a fan to listen to games. If a holder of one of those passes is ALSO a season ticket holder at their Club, then they should have received a promotional code in order to view the games at no fee (subject to access provided by each Club). If they are not a season ticket holder, then they will need to buy a match pass at £10 per game.

Are you an international watcher perchance?

No, but the monthly subscription plan for domestic customers provides access to highlights and full match replays the day after the match. It doesn't allow users to watch the match live, although the occasional away fixture can be watched live as long as an additional one-off fee is paid.

20200913_135412.jpg
20200913_135412.jpg (335.35 KiB) Viewed 1654 times

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:12 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:18 pm
Heat maps. Hmm.
Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 13.17.51.png
That's pretty much how I remembered it, but we did have a few chances in their box, I guess just not enough to generate any heat!

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:24 pm

Looks like it's not just a problem with my iFollow then. Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:29 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:12 pm
That's pretty much how I remembered it, but we did have a few chances in their box, I guess just not enough to generate any heat!
Iles noted that Fonz had one touch in their 18-yard box - which was one more than Doyler. Tutte, who came on with 19 minutes left, had twice as many touches as each of them. Teams will let us tippy-tap in our own half all day, especially if they're winning.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:59 pm

Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:29 pm
Iles noted that Fonz had one touch in their 18-yard box - which was one more than Doyler. Tutte, who came on with 19 minutes left, had twice as many touches as each of them. Teams will let us tippy-tap in our own half all day, especially if they're winning.
That's the easy part of Evattball. You typically outnumber your opposition and have plenty of space in your own third. What we have shown, for me, is that we start out brave on the ball at the back and totally crap our pants when we move over the halfway line. That nervousness then works its way back through the side over time. The only players who seem to keep their heads are the front two. They lose the ball, but they lose it trying to make the progressive passes they should be trying.

I am intending to rewatch the game to see if that's just an impression I had due to annoyance or actually how it went. At the minute, I'm busy pushing tacks into my thighs and doing other less painful things than watching that shower of shite back again.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:27 pm

Plymouth fans saying that Sarce is more of a box to box midfielder not a No10, therefore I'm not sure why he's being played at 10 by BWFC, perhaps it would be better to swap them around and push Crawford further forward ?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:38 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:59 pm
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:29 pm
That's the easy part of Evattball. You typically outnumber your opposition and have plenty of space in your own third. What we have shown, for me, is that we start out brave on the ball at the back and totally crap our pants when we move over the halfway line. That nervousness then works its way back through the side over time. The only players who seem to keep their heads are the front two. They lose the ball, but they lose it trying to make the progressive passes they should be trying.
VeryMuchSoBrianAtTheEndOfTheDay.

We made 123 passes ending in our third, they made 43 in theirs. But we only made 102 in *their* third, while they made 167 in *ours*.

And if we're not panicking, we're losing it. Gordon's 78% pass rate compares unfavourably to the 89% of FGR's LWB, Cadden. Sarcevic's 70% lagged behind MOTM Winchester's 82%.

Others went missing. Tutte managed the same number of touches (28) in 19 minutes as Comley had in 56 minutes, although as noted FGR were by then happy to let us have it in our half. And when Comley was withdrawn, White had had 30 touches, Sarce 26, Gordon 30 and Jones 34. Comley didn't do well, but his team-mates didn't do much better.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:43 pm

I'd be interested to see the tackles and interceptions for those mids.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:46 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:43 pm
I'd be interested to see the tackles and interceptions for those mids.
Have a play at https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/14868 ... rest-Green

The query has also been posed to @BWFC Analysis but they're having the same iFollow farrago