Up Against the Elements. A Match Springs to Life. Their No. 16 is Atomic. Harrogate Town (A) 03/10/20 15:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Up Against the Elements. A Match Springs to Life. Their No. 16 is Atomic. Harrogate Town (A) 03/10/20 15:00

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:27 pm

Santos was miles better yesterday. Delaney helped defensively and Brockbank provided good balance - Brockys first win for us...so made up for him with that. Hope Senior gets the chance in future as well - two proper Bolton lads there.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Up Against the Elements. A Match Springs to Life. Their No. 16 is Atomic. Harrogate Town (A) 03/10/20 15:00

Post by knobpolisher » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:59 pm

Earlier on in this thread it was pointed out by one of our more intelligent and Well respected contributors that we only had 39% possession.
I see the Villa only had 31% possession this evening and look where it got them, on that basis we should have scored 8 or 9. Just goes to show as they probably said in some carry on film at sometime "it's not the size of your weapon it's what you do with it that counts "
Evatt out !!!
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:05 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:49 pm

Santos - if that had been his first game we'd be raving instead of chewing nails to the quick. Didn't look dozy, commanding in the air and one lovely 40-yard dribble right at the heart of them. Maybe sitting in the middle of the three suits him. Whatever: more of that and less of the other, Reekz.
Interesting. Had it been his first game my thoughts would've been more along the lines of him looking very decent, but I'd still be (and still am) questioning his inability to read the situation and his glacially slow reaction when required to get across on their goal.
Of course, anything barring another utter shambles from the lad would have registered a step in the right direction and I'm as relieved as the next man to see him have a decent game; however, I certainly won't be heralding him as the new Fernando Couto for a while yet. ;)
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:41 am

Saw the replay. Statistics while being an indicator really don't tell the true story. We had less possession in this game when compared with the previous ones, but we were far more dangerous. The biggest thing for me was the aggression, Tempo and forward passing. No pitty patty slow passing sideways and backwards a la White and Comely. Tutte in particular was always looking for a quick pass forward. What a difference. We were aggressive in defense, no nonsense in tackles. Playing football rather than dainty dancing to a sophisticated system. Its a good sign that Evatt is willing to change style if things not working. Thought Mascol had a wonderful game both in defense and attack.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:42 am

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:41 am
Saw the replay. Statistics while being an indicator really don't tell the true story. We had less possession in this game when compared with the previous ones, but we were far more dangerous. The biggest thing for me was the aggression, Tempo and forward passing. No pitty patty slow passing sideways and backwards a la White and Comely. Tutte in particular was always looking for a quick pass forward. What a difference. We were aggressive in defense, no nonsense in tackles. Playing football rather than dainty dancing to a sophisticated system. Its a good sign that Evatt is willing to change style if things not working. Thought Mascol had a wonderful game.