Cam v Croal a Punting Challenge: League 2, Cambridge v Bolton (A) Saturday October 24 14:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Cam v Croal a Punting Challenge: League 2, Cambridge v Bolton (A) Saturday October 24 14:00

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:26 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:31 pm
There a fantastic video of the full move for our equaliser on Twitter, which I would post here if only I could fathom how to do it.

It's really very, very good. Fourteen passes in total.
Have a look yourselves.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Cam v Croal a Punting Challenge: League 2, Cambridge v Bolton (A) Saturday October 24 14:00

Post by brommers95 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:45 pm

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:50 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:26 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:31 pm
There a fantastic video of the full move for our equaliser on Twitter, which I would post here if only I could fathom how to do it.

It's really very, very good. Fourteen passes in total.
Have a look yourselves.

Thanks D.J... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:51 pm

Thank you both.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:42 pm

Well, the mood on here has taken a turn for the better :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:19 pm

I don't think we've heard the last of Evatt's comments on Crellin. They seem to have attracted criticism from beyond our own supporters. I can understand why.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:23 pm

It’s a phrase that’s taken on a meaning beyond what he was conveying unfortunately. I suspect he’ll have to come out with an apology or at least explanatory statement this week. I love his passion but unfortunately he can’t speak like a fan after the game!

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:22 am

As someone who's inno way averse to political correctness, I'm not sure i understand this one.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:36 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:23 pm
It’s a phrase that’s taken on a meaning beyond what he was conveying unfortunately. I suspect he’ll have to come out with an apology or at least explanatory statement this week. I love his passion but unfortunately he can’t speak like a fan after the game!
It's a phrase that's taken the limelight off Billy Crellin's mistake.

Genius if you ask me.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:38 am

“I’ve just spoken to Bill in there. He’s a fantastic young goalie with lots of attributes and assets. But we cannot afford him to keep making mistakes, it’s that simple. He costs us the first goal in my opinion at Barrow on Tuesday. Maybe the second one as well and then today. So this is me saying to him publicly ‘man up’. I’ve had that conversation privately. This is a man’s game, three points are at stake and my team deserved to win today.”

Personally I see nothing wrong with Evatt’s comments. Crellin will know he’s got to cut those sorts of mistakes out. It’s not like IE has come out and said he’s f*****g s**t. He even starts by saying what a fantastic keeper he is.

Professional sport is cut throat, continued mistakes won’t be tolerated and I’m sure Crellin is more than aware of this. People can’t be mollycoddled all the time, sometimes they need to be told how it is.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:24 am

Pretty sure that's not offside!

Not sure why the image isn't rendering but click on https://ibb.co/xHTYLxX and you'll see it.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:12 am

Probably has hot link protection.

You can upload images to the site by adding it as an attachment, or go back one page and see the one I uploaded. 😁

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:14 am

DJBlu wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:12 am
Probably has hot link protection.

You can upload images to the site by adding it as an attachment, or go back one page and see the one I uploaded. 😁
Or save yourself the trouble, coz we know it wasn't offside :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:09 am

brommers95 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:38 am
“I’ve just spoken to Bill in there. He’s a fantastic young goalie with lots of attributes and assets. But we cannot afford him to keep making mistakes, it’s that simple. He costs us the first goal in my opinion at Barrow on Tuesday. Maybe the second one as well and then today. So this is me saying to him publicly ‘man up’. I’ve had that conversation privately. This is a man’s game, three points are at stake and my team deserved to win today.”

Personally I see nothing wrong with Evatt’s comments. Crellin will know he’s got to cut those sorts of mistakes out. It’s not like IE has come out and said he’s f*****g s**t. He even starts by saying what a fantastic keeper he is.

Professional sport is cut throat, continued mistakes won’t be tolerated and I’m sure Crellin is more than aware of this. People can’t be mollycoddled all the time, sometimes they need to be told how it is.
Not sure it needed saying like that in public. Lad knows he’s made a mistake. I also think the suggestion that he needs to toughen up is a bit out of place. He’s 20 and learning his trade. Evatt knew that when he signed him. 20 year old keepers are more likely to be green and make mistakes.

Not sure how manning up is a fix for that. Concentrating harder perhaps. Working on your game perhaps.

It was probably not a wise thing to do to bawl out a 20 year old keeper in public. But Evatt is similarly making mistakes. I’m not sure he’d appreciate being told to man up by his boss.

Forgetting the debate around such a term in 2020 it feels a pretty pointless thing to say.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:31 am

I think it's been said for effect, the player should respond and is better for it whilst everyone thinks Evatt is a prick for saying so. People then support Crellin next game easing the pressure as they think the manager was bang out of order for what he said.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:36 am

"We’re making ourselves into a club that we can be proud of and that will take time." - IAN EVATT yesterday

You know I think he will - and I've always been proud of being a Wanderer - I think our darkest days are now behind us.
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:50 am

It's a cliche but you often hear of those players who respond well to a kick up the arse rather than an arm round the shoulder, and vice versa.

I'll trust that Evatt knows Crellin better than most and what will get the best response.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:57 am

brommers95 wrote:

Agree with this - lets hope Fleetwood recall him as we really do need a better / more experienced keeper, he's simply not good enough at this moment in time he makes glaring mistakes in almost every game. He may turn out to be a good keeper but he's no where near good enough at the moment IMO

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:01 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:57 am
brommers95 wrote:

Agree with this - lets hope Fleetwood recall him as we really do need a better / more experienced keeper, he's simply not good enough at this moment in time he makes glaring mistakes in almost every game. He may turn out to be a good keeper but he's no where near good enough at the moment IMO
Yet Evatt thought he was the answer....

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:03 am

.. or Mr Phoenix did.