Crellin vs Rachubka

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:12 pm

Small Claims Court - Me and my mate were the first people to get Jim McDonagh's autograph after he'd signed for us. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:54 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:12 pm
Small Claims Court - Me and my mate were the first people to get Jim McDonagh's autograph after he'd signed for us. :)
:pray: :pray: I think he held the club record for fewest conceded in a league season (know that's not just Keeper, you ain't winning that badge with Zat Knight and Gerald Cid in front of you) but neither do you win it if the keeper's shakey. I certainly have him very near the top of the list of Bolton keepers, from his first set of appearances for us.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:59 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:54 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
:pray: :pray: I think he held the club record for fewest conceded in a league season (know that's not just Keeper, you ain't winning that badge with Zat Knight and Gerald Cid in front of you) but neither do you win it if the keeper's shakey. I certainly have him very near the top of the list of Bolton keepers, from his first set of appearances for us.
I also in his favour, I'd say, is that he could throw it (and usually did) in to the feet of a player stood on the halfway line, whereas Mr Jaaskelainen's upfield balls used to miss the entire fecking pitch.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:59 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:54 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I also in his favour, I'd say, is that he could throw it (and usually did) in to the feet of a player stood on the halfway line, whereas Mr Jaaskelainen's upfield balls used to miss the entire fecking pitch.
Am I right in thinking Jimmy Mack conceded 3 on his debut at home to Blackpool? I was at the game and have a vague recollection it was the keeper's first game for us.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:05 pm

^ that was my recollection and a quick look in Simon Marland's book confirmed it. 0-3 at home to Blackpool followed by a 2-3 reverse at Cardiff. A new keeper conceding 6 in his first 2 games. Seamus must be thankful Twitter wasn't around in those days.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:00 pm

Bolton Evening News comments sections appears to indicate we have a new experienced goalie who has been training with us for the last week, and is on the team bus to Stevenage so that he can get to know his new team mates
Anyone have any thoughts?
It is the comments section so 50/50 on it being fact or fiction.
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin: