Making HMS YouKnowWhat ship-shape: Winter 20/21 transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Making HMS YouKnowWhat ship-shape: Winter 20/21 transfer thread

Post by brommers95 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:35 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:58 pm
brommers95 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:15 pm
One that people may have missed. Like Mascoll, Hickman's contract is up this summer, so I doubt we'll be seeing him in a white shirt next season.
Like Mascoll, we have a year's extension option; unlike Mascoll, I think there's a chance we'll take it - but like you I'd hardly be astonished if not.

Interesting, I didn’t realise that.

Slightly surprised Evatt doesn’t fancy Hickman to be one of the ‘development’ players he’s mentioned for that RB role* - he’s shown flashes of real quality and didn’t look out of place at this level, unlike others early in the season.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:04 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:35 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:58 pm
brommers95 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:15 pm
One that people may have missed. Like Mascoll, Hickman's contract is up this summer, so I doubt we'll be seeing him in a white shirt next season.
Like Mascoll, we have a year's extension option; unlike Mascoll, I think there's a chance we'll take it - but like you I'd hardly be astonished if not.

Interesting, I didn’t realise that.

Slightly surprised Evatt doesn’t fancy Hickman to be one of the ‘development’ players he’s mentioned for that RB role* - he’s shown flashes of real quality and didn’t look out of place at this level, unlike others early in the season.
Aye, for me he looked better in forward movement than Jones. By some distance.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:44 am

Yeah, there's something there, and he seems to me perfect fodder for the "one to develop" role. Remember that Evatt has mentioned wanting for each position a first-team player, a shadow to pressure him and a promising youngster – Hickman (22) could be either of those two, whereas Mascoll (24 this month) is too old to be a kid, even if it hadn't become plain as day that Evatt didn't fancy him at all.

It doesn't help that because of the reshuffle-then-pandemic, there's been nothing between the seniors and U18 this season. I see in this morning's BN that Evatt has also said there'll be some sort of second string next season, if at all possible (“Whether it’s an Under-23s, a B Team or a Reserves, or whatever, it is certainly something I am looking into for next year.”)

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -football/

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:31 pm

I note that multiple members of Finlay Lockett’s family liked tweets of mine suggesting he would be leaving soon. Transfer gossip in 2021, eh?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:57 pm

Indeed. Another one we’ll make nowt on, as the ‘Bolton Baresi’ lines up for the current league champions. I have no idea if young Phillips is doing well but he must be doing something right?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:32 pm

He looks not really up to it but not a million miles away. For the Prem Champions. So yeah, I reckon he'd get a game in league two.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:35 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:57 pm
Indeed. Another one we’ll make nowt on, as the ‘Bolton Baresi’ lines up for the current league champions. I have no idea if young Phillips is doing well but he must be doing something right?
From where I sit it looks like Klopp's picking his defenders with the famous tombola. They'd had 18 different centre-back partnerships this season by February 16th, per respected fansite This Is Anfield, and young Nat is one of a few young 'uns who seem to come in, play a game, get discarded and then come back round again a fortnight later. He seems to have won respect for his bravery and heading, and he was the recipient of the main MOTD spotlight after one win earlier this season.

You've also got Kyle Bartley playing for Allardyce Albion, and scoring too.