Returning to the ground

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Returning to the ground

Post by boltonboris » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:05 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:08 am
Stop ruining my fun!
Apologies.. turns out they couldn’t agree a deal with the EFL for the plethora of red shite ‘commercial partners’ that are suddenly interested in supporting a team that 5 years ago, played in orange and no feck* outside of the Manchester Saturday league had heard of

Grass roots apparently according to their new supporter base, who are apparently tired of a foreign billionaire with no interest in the local area ripping the soul out of their club.

Erm..........
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:02 am

Facebook reminds me today is the anniversary of the last game I attended, AFC Wimbledon away last year. Shite game. Miss it.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:13 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:02 am
Facebook reminds me today is the anniversary of the last game I attended, AFC Wimbledon away last year. Shite game. Miss it.
I've only just realised that my last away game was the 7-1 drubbing at Accrington, and my last home game was the 0-0 draw with Accrington. :|
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:36 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Was a good day out though. The only time I've met you and Domingos. My mate came down from Bolton and I had a horrific hangover the next day (was stinking and had ketchup in my beard, according to the lady lucky enough to wake up next to me).
Next season...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:43 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:36 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
Was a good day out though. The only time I've met you and Domingos. My mate came down from Bolton and I had a horrific hangover the next day (was stinking and had ketchup in my beard, according to the lady lucky enough to wake up next to me).
Next season...

Didn’t think we’d be waiting over a year to get to another game, when we were all standing on that terrace.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:54 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:43 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:36 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
Next season...

Didn’t think we’d be waiting over a year to get to another game, when we were all standing on that terrace.
Was a good day out though. Hope we can repeat it again soon.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:10 pm

I'm going to be honest: while not going up would be something of a disappointment now (whodathunkit?), it would be tinged with the possibility of seeing some fresh grounds. (And possibly absolutely harrowing this division.)

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:11 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:10 pm
I'm going to be honest: while not going up would be something of a disappointment now (whodathunkit?), it would be tinged with the possibility of seeing some fresh grounds. (And possibly absolutely harrowing this division.)

I could have done up to 10 away games this season, 8 of which would have been new grounds.

If we stay in this league (we will), then we have the prospect of Wiggin, Rochdale and the Wombles again. And, quite possibly, Sutton Utd - a ground I have been to; makes Wimbledon's ground look like Wembley.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:19 pm

New grounds are always good, but at this stage I’d rather us get the hell out of here!

Think I’m on around 62-63 at the moment, but new grounds and teams coming up from the NL have reduced that by a few.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:46 pm

Absolutely this. Morecambe and Harrogate the two that spring to mind straight away.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:05 pm

Who’s off to MK at home then?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:44 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:05 pm
Who’s off to MK at home then?
Not me. Mate will be having the ST for the day as I'll be holiday. Somewhere.
Might do Barrow pre season though.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:53 am

Genuinely curious about the attendance - should be a bumper crowd. Or at least it feels like it should be. Will there be people who won’t come back because of Covid rates? Will it make a big dent?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:08 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:53 am
Genuinely curious about the attendance - should be a bumper crowd. Or at least it feels like it should be. Will there be people who won’t come back because of Covid rates? Will it make a big dent?
See, I'm rather thinking that the relaxation of the Covid rules might see more returnees.

Hmmm. Curious one. Over 9.000 ST's sold now, I believe.
May the bridges I burn light your way

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:26 pm

My Digital Season Card has arrived.

Whitesince63
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Whitesince63 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:13 pm

Mine too so it’s safely in my Apple Wallet ready for the open. I actually think we’ll have a cracking attendance for the first game, hopefully around 14 to 15k which will be brilliant for the players and IE. If it’s much less than that it’ll be a real disappointment.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:48 pm

Sad to say, due to age and mobility, my last visit to the Bok (as it was) was a weeknight game against Sheffield United when the Bolton boppers danced at half-time. I'm always there in spirit though. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:48 pm
Sad to say, due to age and mobility, my last visit to the Bok (as it was) was a weeknight game against Sheffield United when the Bolton boppers danced at half-time. I'm always there in spirit though. :D

I remember when you posted about that, Tango. :D Still more recent than my last visit. But, like you, I'm always there in spirit.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:56 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:47 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:48 pm

I remember when you posted about that, Tango. :D Still more recent than my last visit. But, like you, I'm always there in spirit.
Aye, amazing to think that was six years ago Tony. Seems like yesterday. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:10 pm

Sounds like after September events like football matches will require adults attending to prove they have had two doses of the Covid vaccine. This seems to be prompting outrage on social media. It is quite a complex thing given that a) a vaccine doesn't stop you necessarily having or spreading covid and b) you can walk into asda without anything and infect people there instead. On the other hand I can see why you need to try and 'persuade' the nutjobs to take up the vaccine offer and also why if you are aiming for longer term normality such things are probably going to be more commonplace. Try travelling next year without a covid vaccine passport for example (bet you won't be able to).

Where I'm not sure on is those who for medical reasons can't have the jab - surely they need to be exempted?