Returning to the ground

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Returning to the ground

Post by boltonboris » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:05 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:08 am
Stop ruining my fun!
Apologies.. turns out they couldn’t agree a deal with the EFL for the plethora of red shite ‘commercial partners’ that are suddenly interested in supporting a team that 5 years ago, played in orange and no feck* outside of the Manchester Saturday league had heard of

Grass roots apparently according to their new supporter base, who are apparently tired of a foreign billionaire with no interest in the local area ripping the soul out of their club.

Erm..........
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

KeyserSoze
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by KeyserSoze » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:02 am

Facebook reminds me today is the anniversary of the last game I attended, AFC Wimbledon away last year. Shite game. Miss it.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:13 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:02 am
Facebook reminds me today is the anniversary of the last game I attended, AFC Wimbledon away last year. Shite game. Miss it.
I've only just realised that my last away game was the 7-1 drubbing at Accrington, and my last home game was the 0-0 draw with Accrington. :|
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:36 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Was a good day out though. The only time I've met you and Domingos. My mate came down from Bolton and I had a horrific hangover the next day (was stinking and had ketchup in my beard, according to the lady lucky enough to wake up next to me).
Next season...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:43 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:36 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
Was a good day out though. The only time I've met you and Domingos. My mate came down from Bolton and I had a horrific hangover the next day (was stinking and had ketchup in my beard, according to the lady lucky enough to wake up next to me).
Next season...

Didn’t think we’d be waiting over a year to get to another game, when we were all standing on that terrace.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:54 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:43 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:36 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
Next season...

Didn’t think we’d be waiting over a year to get to another game, when we were all standing on that terrace.
Was a good day out though. Hope we can repeat it again soon.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:10 pm

I'm going to be honest: while not going up would be something of a disappointment now (whodathunkit?), it would be tinged with the possibility of seeing some fresh grounds. (And possibly absolutely harrowing this division.)

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:11 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:10 pm
I'm going to be honest: while not going up would be something of a disappointment now (whodathunkit?), it would be tinged with the possibility of seeing some fresh grounds. (And possibly absolutely harrowing this division.)

I could have done up to 10 away games this season, 8 of which would have been new grounds.

If we stay in this league (we will), then we have the prospect of Wiggin, Rochdale and the Wombles again. And, quite possibly, Sutton Utd - a ground I have been to; makes Wimbledon's ground look like Wembley.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:19 pm

New grounds are always good, but at this stage I’d rather us get the hell out of here!

Think I’m on around 62-63 at the moment, but new grounds and teams coming up from the NL have reduced that by a few.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:46 pm

Absolutely this. Morecambe and Harrogate the two that spring to mind straight away.