Returning to the ground

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Returning to the ground

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:14 pm

4,000 fans in but pretty much definitely not for our lot. An unfair advantage for some teams or an incentive to the folk of Bolton to stop going out and licking lampposts?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Returning to the ground

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:31 pm

Seemingly the usual lack of joined-up Governmental covid thinking here. Covid tiers not withstanding, surely this should work as a percentage of a ground's capacity if the need for social distancing is what's driving these numbers in the first place. If they end up in the same tier then Harrogate could end up having the same home crowd on in their 5,000 capacity place as the Trafford Rags in theirs.
I must've missed something. Tell me I've missed something. What've I missed?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:31 pm
Seemingly the usual lack of joined-up Governmental covid thinking here. Covid tiers not withstanding, surely this should work as a percentage of a ground's capacity if the need for social distancing is what's driving these numbers in the first place. If they end up in the same tier then Harrogate could end up having the same home crowd on in their 5,000 capacity place as the Trafford Rags in theirs.
I must've missed something. Tell me I've missed something. What've I missed?
Where do you even start with this? Zero logic, zero sense, and like you say 4K in the Macron is very different to 4K at Rochdale...not that we will even be allowed in....

It also amuses me how a day after people aren’t allowed into each other’s houses it will suddenly be ok for 4000 to sit in a stadium together...

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:11 pm

It's 50% capacity up to a maximum of 4,000, and I expect the reason they've limited it to that figure is because they're concerned about large numbers of people travelling to and from the match.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:46 pm

We've sold at least 7,000 STs, which would put us at 25% full. Gonna be interesting how they'll handle ticket distribution...

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:06 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:46 pm
We've sold at least 7,000 STs, which would put us at 25% full. Gonna be interesting how they'll handle ticket distribution...

I think it'll have to be on an alternate basis, although I believe we eventually sold just over eight thousand.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:06 pm

And for those who live in say tier three but who support a team in tier two, how's that one mapping out?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:27 pm

Blimey. It’s almost like Boris and his cabinet don’t have a clue. Can’t be so, he’s the next Churchill isn’t he??
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:45 am

Bijou Bob wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:27 pm
Blimey. It’s almost like Boris and his cabinet don’t have a clue. Can’t be so, he’s the next Churchill isn’t he??
Mate of mine put it brilliantly: Johnson is indeed like Churchill - the dog off the advert.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:23 am

If you could test people on their way in, it could be a way to capture these people who are supposedly avoiding testing so as to avoid being told to isolate. But then if your not going to do it to go to work would you do it to go to the match? Might be a way of getting the mass testing off the ground though - test before going in the ground!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:21 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:23 am
If you could test people on their way in, it could be a way to capture these people who are supposedly avoiding testing so as to avoid being told to isolate. But then if your not going to do it to go to work would you do it to go to the match? Might be a way of getting the mass testing off the ground though - test before going in the ground!
I'm hearing from an incredibly reliable source that when gigs are back on next year, Live Nation, Ticketmaster, gig-promoters in general will only let you in if you've either been vaccinated or agree to take a there-and-then test, the results of which remain their property to do with as they feel.
I do hope my reliable source has been mislead, but he sounds absolutely convinced, and he has a highly vested interest in being able to play gigs next year.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:50 pm

At the danger of going off piste...what use is a time limited Covid test result to anyone? Why would they own it?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:21 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:23 am
I'm hearing from an incredibly reliable source that when gigs are back on next year, Live Nation, Ticketmaster, gig-promoters in general will only let you in if you've either been vaccinated or agree to take a there-and-then test, the results of which remain their property to do with as they feel.
I do hope my reliable source has been mislead, but he sounds absolutely convinced, and he has a highly vested interest in being able to play gigs next year.

Ooooh! Bruce knows Gary Barlow.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:37 am

We're staying in Tier 3, so no return to The Bok for the foreseeable, I guess. Not sure when they're due to review it again though.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:44 am

You can bet there won’t be any movement in January. Unless they review sporting events in tier three. Feel for the club, having fans there celebrating on Tuesday was such a pleasure to see!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:37 am
We're staying in Tier 3, so no return to The Bok for the foreseeable, I guess. Not sure when they're due to review it again though.
Tier bonkers bingo strikes again!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Every 2 weeks, so new year's eve.

Ps... c*nts

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:15 am

Here is my view. The Tiers and arguing about them is for elsewhere. BUT can someone, anyone, please justify why you can currently go into Asda or Tesco or countless other shops, in confined indoor spaces with unlimited amounts of other people, in groups if you choose....yet you can't sit in a football stadium outside separated by measured social distancing policy....

To me its bizarre in the extreme. You could even stop public transport if that's what you're worried about and make people travel by car....but I really struggle to see any logic or sense in the way people are being asked to behave. My MH has not been all that brilliant and whilst a trip to the Macron may well not help it the reality is it would be very welcomed.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:41 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:09 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Every 2 weeks, so new year's eve.

Ps... c*nts
Fancied giving Keith Hill some shit too. Will have to nip round to his house dressed as a carol singer instead.

"We wish you a rotten Christmas, you plastic Scouse bastard, may the log slip from your fi-re and burn down your house" :)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:15 am
Here is my view. The Tiers and arguing about them is for elsewhere. BUT can someone, anyone, please justify why you can currently go into Asda or Tesco or countless other shops, in confined indoor spaces with unlimited amounts of other people, in groups if you choose....yet you can't sit in a football stadium outside separated by measured social distancing policy....

To me its bizarre in the extreme. You could even stop public transport if that's what you're worried about and make people travel by car....but I really struggle to see any logic or sense in the way people are being asked to behave. My MH has not been all that brilliant and whilst a trip to the Macron may well not help it the reality is it would be very welcomed.
I can't explain it, other than to say it almost certainly isn't based on 'the science'. It'll be all about appearances.
It's very annoying, let's hope we see at least a couple before the end of the season. There are certain players we may never see play for the club.