Can we squirrel 3 points from the Wirral mob? (H) Sat. 2020-12-19 15:00 BWFC v Tranmere Rovers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Can we squirrel 3 points from the Wirral mob? (H) Sat. 2020-12-19 15:00 BWFC v Tranmere Rovers

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:46 pm

All four nations acting on the same data at the same time. I don't think it's solely down to Mr Johnson.

It's a fluid process and requires everyone's best ideas. Hindsight is a wonderful tool when used correctly.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Can we squirrel 3 points from the Wirral mob? (H) Sat. 2020-12-19 15:00 BWFC v Tranmere Rovers

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:44 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:15 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:51 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:53 pm

You mean Keir Starmer who offers up what needs to happen is told he’s wrong by folk like you then is proven right?
For feck's sake. Get the News Channel on. 😂😂😂
Exactly. Not one single alternative/better suggestion. Anyone can call anyone a c*nt.
You're a c*nt 😜

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:52 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:46 pm
All four nations acting on the same data at the same time. I don't think it's solely down to Mr Johnson.

It's a fluid process and requires everyone's best ideas. Hindsight is a wonderful tool when used correctly.
The 4 nations aren’t doing the same thing though. And they don’t have the same data. Whole of Wales is now in Tier 4 yet don’t have the same case numbers as London. Early action...think Scotland are doing the same.

How on earth is it hindsight when someone says what needs to happen is told they are wrong then later on what they said should happen, happens too late? It’s the exactly opposite of hindsight.

On a completely unrelated to football note it worries me how the spin of the government is seemingly make intelligent people repeat these nonsense lines. Nothing here is hindsight. It’s literally foresight. But in reality it’s just reading the expert advice and suggesting we act on it..,.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:07 pm

Anyway back to BWFC. I’m convinced there is a team to pick that could look solid and score goals. I’d honestly like to see a basic 4-4-2 being worked on. The three at the back system is just not working. If we are tight and compact we’ve enough to win some games.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:09 pm

feck me this is boring.

The 4 nations are doing something all on the same day with the same data.

I didn't say they're all doing the same thing.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:14 pm

Left it a few hours before commenting. Watched Oliver! with the family. At least I haven't been bludgeoned to death besides the Thames.

Today was not good. Started well but all too often if we don't take advantage when we're in front the arse starts twitching and we lose the initiative. BWFCi was right that we weren't penetrative enough down the flanks, and while that changed in the second half, by then it was too late. It's hard enough being beaten by a Keith Hill team let alone one with that badge. But shaking a tiny fist at an uncaring sky does nowt but give you wrist-ache. So what do we do?

January is immense for Evatt, who is beginning to be a bit lucky that the fans aren't in. I don't think FV will turf him before summer at least (unless we're in serious danger of relegation) and I agree with that: there's no point having a Year Zero every nine months. He's having to learn on the job and sadly so are some of his players.

Whether we're playing wider than the Mississippi delta or tighter than a duck's arse, it's hard when we've played the last 14 games (since Oldham) without a proper left-sider. Some may say that's Evatt's fault but unless you're out for an argument you must admit it's not exactly dithering to take such a strong line with the two LWBs we hired in summer: Gordon was drowning and Mascoll seems to have the wrong attitude. Brocky and Gethin have done their best out there (I won't say the same for Greenidge because if that was his best in midweek then he's stealing a living) but they aren't LWBs. That's surely the most crucial January signing if we aren't to limp one-sidedly through the rest of the term.

In midfield, Isgrove's not the messiah, he's a very erratic boy. Thomason is a prospect but not a defensive midfielder. Tutte can't return soon enough and we must have high hopes for Kieran Lee, as much as anything to have a leader on the pitch, to stop chins dropping when we don't score (let alone when the oppo do). Right now I'd be tempted to play Tutte and Lee at Carlisle on Boxing Day, with Sarcevic; Thomason, Crawford and yes even Isgrove would be options off the bench.

Up front we have two potent strikers but again they're being isolated. And if either is injured, we now have nothing - not even Miller or Gnahoua. January can't come quick enough.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:46 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:14 pm
Left it a few hours before commenting. Watched Oliver! with the family. At least I haven't been bludgeoned to death besides the Thames.

Today was not good. Started well but all too often if we don't take advantage when we're in front the arse starts twitching and we lose the initiative. BWFCi was right that we weren't penetrative enough down the flanks, and while that changed in the second half, by then it was too late. It's hard enough being beaten by a Keith Hill team let alone one with that badge. But shaking a tiny fist at an uncaring sky does nowt but give you wrist-ache. So what do we do?

January is immense for Evatt, who is beginning to be a bit lucky that the fans aren't in. I don't think FV will turf him before summer at least (unless we're in serious danger of relegation) and I agree with that: there's no point having a Year Zero every nine months. He's having to learn on the job and sadly so are some of his players.

Whether we're playing wider than the Mississippi delta or tighter than a duck's arse, it's hard when we've played the last 14 games (since Oldham) without a proper left-sider. Some may say that's Evatt's fault but unless you're out for an argument you must admit it's not exactly dithering to take such a strong line with the two LWBs we hired in summer: Gordon was drowning and Mascoll seems to have the wrong attitude. Brocky and Gethin have done their best out there (I won't say the same for Greenidge because if that was his best in midweek then he's stealing a living) but they aren't LWBs. That's surely the most crucial January signing if we aren't to limp one-sidedly through the rest of the term.

In midfield, Isgrove's not the messiah, he's a very erratic boy. Thomason is a prospect but not a defensive midfielder. Tutte can't return soon enough and we must have high hopes for Kieran Lee, as much as anything to have a leader on the pitch, to stop chins dropping when we don't score (let alone when the oppo do). Right now I'd be tempted to play Tutte and Lee at Carlisle on Boxing Day, with Sarcevic; Thomason, Crawford and yes even Isgrove would be options off the bench.

Up front we have two potent strikers but again they're being isolated. And if either is injured, we now have nothing - not even Miller or Gnahoua. January can't come quick enough.
Why can’t we play a system the players might fit into? I’m just not seeing what advantages 3 at the back gives us. Kioso makes it work to an extent but it’s still limited. We are outnumbered in midfield and as you say the strikers are isolated. I’d like to change it. The full backs today were obvious Pre kick off it worries me massively that Evatt can’t see some basics. I’d hazard a guess that most games we’ve won have been vis a counter punching mainly and when we’ve had to dictate the pace we’ve almost always struggled. I suspect that any team who can bide their time against us and has a little pace and a robust midfield is a big problem for us.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:03 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:09 pm
feck me this is boring.

The 4 nations are doing something all on the same day with the same data.

I didn't say they're all doing the same thing.
You started it! Bet you wish you hadn't 😁

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:11 pm

That was poor again today. Being ok on the ball is worth nothing if they waltz through you when you lose it. That second goal.was a joke. I hope for gilks sake it was deflected.
Evatt is the main man now, can't see us going up or down so he needs to be allowed to recruit what budgets allow and then the rest of the season to show he knows what to do with them. I doubt he will succeed and have never been keen but I don't think sacking him now makes us any more likely to get promoted.
If we continue to hover around mid table he should get zero leeway when next season starts though.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:15 am

Agreed with the above. I dared a peek on twitter at 530 and poor Marc Iles responses I’d say the majority were Evatt out comments. In the stadium and he wouldn’t have enjoyed that for sure. As it is his post match comments seem off the mark - if we look tired why not make subs? Yes we are inconsistent but the real problem yesterday was shooting ourselves in the foot, else we’d have been good for a point.

Boxing days easier for Evatt because he can set up defensively (probably with the same wing backs) and hope to nick a win. I think we are all hoping Tutte will be back in and I would play him, Sarcevic and Thomason (or Lee if he is signed by then). Isgrove started very busy but he got worse and worse, I’m not sure he got a pass right once he went out wide. Crawford was shit. Disinterested- was hoping being benched would get a reaction. I’m not convinced he’s happy here. Maybe Carlisle is a good game for him - nearest to home! Delf I reckon is injured and playing through. He needs to get himself in the spare room and sleep properly. WDoyle got fed up as well yesterday - in fact how we reacted to 2-0 was really poor, Sarcevic dropped his shoulders and we gave up. No fight in us whatsoever - No tackles in midfield all up to the defence.

Gilkes - Not good either today. Wonder where heads are with him. New keeper must be on the list.

People like Comley, Taft and White must be off - to not even get sub appearances at the moment speaks volumes.

Final word for The ref. fecking disgrace. That penalty decision is one of the most bizzare I’ve seen. He’s got away with it cos it didn’t matter. They are getting worse each week but he is a blind prick.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:32 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:15 am

Final word for The ref. fecking disgrace. That penalty decision is one of the most bizzare I’ve seen. He’s got away with it cos it didn’t matter. They are getting worse each week but he is a blind prick.
Incredible how folk watching the same thing can see it differently. Firstly, you're absolutely bob on that it was ultimately immaterial, however, I said straight away (when I thought Tranmere were appealing for a corner) that if Baptiste touched it then it was a penalty - which is what happened. My annoyance lies squarely with an experienced player who for no reason has an arm out; I think the ref got it absolutely correct.
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:39 am

I’ll have to watch it again...if I can be arsed. I was protesting against a corner! The streams not great and the commentators didn’t clear it up. Ref was still shite regardless but that’s not why we lost.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:23 am

We lost because we have a team of spineless, poor quality players who quit as soon as we go a goal down - players who have no drive, no passion & play with no intensity, players who can't do the basics like track a runner and who constantly switch off as if they just don't want to be on the pitch.

Such as Baptiste as Bruce says just stuck his arm out for no reason, Delfouneso not giving a shit, static most of the time looking like he didn't want to be there.

Before the season when he was 1st appointed Evatt said that we would play his style of pass & move football, press high consistently, be the fittest team in the league - we basically play football for the 1st 10-15 mins of each game and that's it, he & TP recruited 4 or 5 wing backs to play in Evatt's system a vital component of this 3-4-1-2, yet only Kioso & Hickman look like they could play in that role, Hickman who to me gets forward & crosses the ball more than most can't even get on the bench.

We need a keeper, LWB (Donohue ?), a midfielder who will tackle (Kieran Lee) & a striker - we also need more coaches, its pathetic that we only have Evatt & Atherton coaching - is this Evatt's choice or FV's ?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:06 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:32 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:15 am

Incredible how folk watching the same thing can see it differently. Firstly, you're absolutely bob on that it was ultimately immaterial, however, I said straight away (when I thought Tranmere were appealing for a corner) that if Baptiste touched it then it was a penalty - which is what happened. My annoyance lies squarely with an experienced player who for no reason has an arm out; I think the ref got it absolutely correct.
Not seen a replay of it but have to say in real-time watching I said penalty straight away. Moved his body into the ball and hit his arm.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:11 am

I tried stopping it at point of contact and still haven't seen it hit his arm. But that's only one angle and you don't see our lot complain much.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:13 am

Haha I was about to say given how long we complained for + the trajectory of the ball didn’t change sold it for me as bollocks! Jones in particular was at the ref for so long I actually thought he’d made up a decision for dissent. Anyway I’m not watching it again so feck it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:25 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:13 am
Haha I was about to say given how long we complained for + the trajectory of the ball didn’t change sold it for me as bollocks! Jones in particular was at the ref for so long I actually thought he’d made up a decision for dissent. Anyway I’m not watching it again so feck it.
I might not have watched the afters, long enough...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:57 pm

However, and as Dibble correctly attests, the penalty decision is neither here nor there in the overall scheme. The goal which gave me (and, you'd like to think, one or two of the players) by far and away the most cause for concern was their second. When an opposing player almost walks through the centre of your half, unchallenged, then displaying precious little alacrity takes what I can only best describe as being a hopeful punt towards goal from 25 yards, and his powerless effort finds the centre of our goal, then we are as my colleague from Chorley would describe, in Dicky's Meadow.
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:03 am

Ian doesn’t know how we lost apparently! I do hope he is saying that and not thinking it, otherwise I am going to start worrying about his ability to get us out of this division the right way.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:18 pm

In better news, sounds like Tutte and Kioso will be back. :-)