Will we be at the races? Cheltenham (h) Saturday 16 Jan 15:00 KO (GMT)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will we be at the races? Cheltenham (h) Saturday 16 Jan 15:00 KO (GMT)

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:07 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:06 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:26 pm
According to Iles, we made 576 passes today. 101 of them came from Jackson.
But.....
That would mean he gave the ball to them once every 2 point something minutes...and the 63% he hit to a white shirt weren't very accurate.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:19 pm

I think he gave the ball away a few times, definitely a few times more than Jones. But he was brave and kept going. As I said if he was ours and has come up through our youth system I’d be pretty bloody happy with that for a debut. As it is he isn’t and we need him to be ready now or it’s a bit pointless. I think he’ll be a good un and I just hope it’s for us. I suspect the idea is for John to play but it’s absolutely the right thing to do get a player in, if we don’t think Mascoll is up to it (which is the case), given John’s lack of matches in the last 2 years. Imagine if that was John who had gone off at half time?

Speaking of which Lees withdrawal was precautionary which sounds sensible. We did lose something in the middle though, Tutte didn’t look right. I doubt the plan was to play him for 45 minutes yesterday.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:24 pm

Yeah, I'm not at bin him off, but not at what a great debut either. Don't think he gave us the lift Kioso gave us. It was so much his longer passes for me (and those are some you win, some you lose), it was his switch passes, whilst we picked some up, quite a few were behind where they were needed and you don't really want 50/50's across the back line.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:10 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:24 pm
Yeah, I'm not at bin him off, but not at what a great debut either. Don't think he gave us the lift Kioso gave us. It was so much his longer passes for me (and those are some you win, some you lose), it was his switch passes, whilst we picked some up, quite a few were behind where they were needed and you don't really want 50/50's across the back line.
That would be my assessment too. I suspect he’s quite a tidy footballer once he gets going. But my view is we need less of that and more of the physical outlet Kioso offered. And of course the pace and strength.

Both left sided lads to me looked like players who might do well in a good side but we need players capable of lifting us and doing something different. Kioso offered that. In a 433 we probably need that option in the front 3 which is where I’d have played Kioso were he still here.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:41 pm

Yep Kioso back and he’s straight in that team. In a 433 he could do some damage I think, and when John’s fit he would give us a serious chance of playing 352.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:19 pm

Kioso who is not our player does give us more than jones and Brockbank on that right side. He is fast and Stronger than them both and is very dangerous in attack. Would you have him back. I would. Checked on him in Luton's two games since he left. Was on the bench in their first which they lost, and not in their squad yesterday which they won against Bournemouth. Get him back here!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:13 am

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:19 pm
Kioso who is not our player does give us more than jones and Brockbank on that right side. He is fast and Stronger than them both and is very dangerous in attack. Would you have him back. I would. Checked on him in Luton's two games since he left. Was on the bench in their first which they lost, and not in their squad yesterday which they won against Bournemouth. Get him back here!
I’d have Kioso back, certainly. Let’s see.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:00 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:46 pm
The only mention of an injury from Evatt is Lee who has a groin strain but says it was precautionary sub rather than an injury.
Evatt's pre-Tranmere presser, just now: "Kieran (Lee) will add a lot of quality to the squad. Unfortunately he’s got a bit of damage to his muscle tissue so he’ll be out at the weekend but no longer than that."

(also: 'Shaun Miller is doing really well and is coming on leaps and bounds. He’s ahead of schedule. Declan John is running with no issues and he’ll be back with us next week. They’re recovering well.')

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:18 pm

Mmmm 18 month deal. Ian Evatt probably conducted the medical himself...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:28 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:18 pm
Mmmm 18 month deal. Ian Evatt probably conducted the medical himself...
I know. When I read about the hip surgeries I gave up any real hope of him playing enough to be a big influence, which is a shame.