23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:29 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:23 am
The thing is LE's magnanimous Tranmere friend doesn't have to sit through the same old story week after week: glimpses of promise outdone by idiocy, either collective or individual.
Poor bugger has got months or years of Keith interviews to suffer though.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:31 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:29 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:23 am
The thing is LE's magnanimous Tranmere friend doesn't have to sit through the same old story week after week: glimpses of promise outdone by idiocy, either collective or individual.
Poor bugger has got months or years of Keith interviews to suffer though.
Heh! Possibly, but I suspect the Bolton job was Peak Hill Lunacy.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:51 pm

Athertonian wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:22 pm
Are we asking too much just because we are "Bolton Wanderers"?
I'm sure some are, but I think many of us are asking for competence. Ideally a manager will get the best out of his players, even if that means bottom of the table. As an absolute minimum a manager should be getting mediocrity out of his players and that is not the case here. Sure, he needed time to adjust and get the team to gel, but for me they are way below where they should be by now.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:05 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:51 pm
Athertonian wrote:
I'm sure some are, but I think many of us are asking for competence. Ideally a manager will get the best out of his players, even if that means bottom of the table. As an absolute minimum a manager should be getting mediocrity out of his players and that is not the case here. Sure, he needed time to adjust and get the team to gel, but for me they are way below where they should be by now.
I’d be happy enough with a team that went out every week and gave their all and left everything on the pitch. I think if this lot did that we’d be far far higher in the league.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:05 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:51 pm
Athertonian wrote:
I’d be happy enough with a team that went out every week and gave their all and left everything on the pitch. I think if this lot did that we’d be far far higher in the league.
I want properly organised on top of that :D

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:06 pm

The FA have curiously opted not to charge Evatt with any offence resulting from his red card and he won't face a touchline ban.

I can't imagine that happens often.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:16 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:06 pm
The FA have curiously opted not to charge Evatt with any offence resulting from his red card and he won't face a touchline ban.

I can't imagine that happens often.
Wonder if the ref retracted it?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:17 pm

I wonder if there's something in what IE said about the way the officials spoke to them. I wouldn't think it's just because they were a bit sh*t, I don't think the FA would think being right is necessarily the point.

Do we know how common it is? I think the yellow/reds for managers is pretty new and could be it's for "lesser" things than would get you a touchline ban.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:11 pm

On the face of it that seems incredible - it basically says we had a point, the ref was shocking/blind/bribed??

I didn’t watch the game and saw the fact he had got two yellows as opposed to a red as curious - particularly as the second one he had turned his back. I saw that, thought what a pillock - you had a chance to shut up. The. I saw the decisions - I mean I’ve moaned about the refs week in, week out ever since that first ghost penalty against them, I’ve felt the refs have got worse. But this one looks so bad it’s suspicious and that decision from the FA Fula the old conspiracy! I wonder if Keith Hill has stuck up for him? So backed up what Evatt said the ref said? Or his linesman did?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:57 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:11 pm
On the face of it that seems incredible - it basically says we had a point, the ref was shocking/blind/bribed??

I didn’t watch the game and saw the fact he had got two yellows as opposed to a red as curious - particularly as the second one he had turned his back. I saw that, thought what a pillock - you had a chance to shut up. The. I saw the decisions - I mean I’ve moaned about the refs week in, week out ever since that first ghost penalty against them, I’ve felt the refs have got worse. But this one looks so bad it’s suspicious and that decision from the FA Fula the old conspiracy! I wonder if Keith Hill has stuck up for him? So backed up what Evatt said the ref said? Or his linesman did?
The ref did something similar with the first penalty between Crawley and Barrow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOGWoxh ... hannel=EFL

No real suggestion of bias in that match though as he gives a red for a horror challenge and a penalty for the other side as well.

Perhaps what was said by IE wasn't sending off worthy and was able to be picked up on camera and used as a way of clearing him? Couple that with the blatant foul that should've been a sending off offence earlier in the match and he's got clear reason to be aggrieved.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:05 am

He did have reason to be aggrieved but I doubt there’s a sliding scale up to and including “if the ref has a 100% mare you can piss on his face.”

We must have had evidence/witnesses that Evatt’s actual words were not that bad.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:51 pm

Has to be the linesmen then as they were stood next to him - why didn’t they say something at the time?