When do we make a call on Evatt?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply

How much longer should Evatt get?

Up to 3 games.
4
13%
Maybe another half dozen.
4
13%
He'll see the season out if we're not in relegation zone
7
23%
He'll go when we are in relegation zone
1
3%
He'll be here next season. That's the plan
15
48%
 
Total votes: 31

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10603
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:45 pm

Big game Saturday. We should be fresh. Hopefully Lee and John fit (if not, you question the precautionary withdrawal of Lee and the 1 week hamstring injury John had!) so somewhere like being full strength.

Playing a team who have caused one of the most embarrassing results we’ve ever had as a club, at home. We should be well up for it. Needs a win IMO.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 13147
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:16 pm

He's the man for us, when we can sign a batter calibre of player in the summer. He's got a conference set of players with the off bit of stardust to be midtable in a higher division than most of them are capable of
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21481
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:17 pm

Better than Ole anyway :lol:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10603
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:24 pm

I see Kean Bryan scored tonight, maybe we should have moved Keith Hill and his onions upstairs!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 29046
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:37 am

boltonboris wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:16 pm
He's the man for us, when we can sign a batter calibre of player in the summer. He's got a conference set of players with the off bit of stardust to be midtable in a higher division than most of them are capable of
Conference set of players? Sorry that seems ridiculous.

Crawford, Darcy, Doyle, Delfouneso, Santos, Delaney, Jones, Tutte, Sarcevic, Taft, Lee, Isgrove....

I'm not having it that those are all playing in a league above their ability. It just isn't true. Even a lad like Comley has played over 50 times at this level for Colchester....

The players here are more than good enough to be in the top half in my view. But clearly something is very wrong. You only need look at Crawford and Darcy - our two shining lights from last season and Darcy hasn't been given a go and Crawford looks like he'd rather be anywhere but here....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21481
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:24 am

Crawford has had a big injury tbf, looks am absolute shadow of the player he was. Not really sure what else Evatt can do there. He played him, he was wank, he dropped him, brought him back and he's still shite. And not in a "asked to do something he can't" way, but in a "feck* up the absolute basics constantly" way.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 29046
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:40 am

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:24 am
Crawford has had a big injury tbf, looks am absolute shadow of the player he was. Not really sure what else Evatt can do there. He played him, he was wank, he dropped him, brought him back and he's still shite. And not in a "asked to do something he can't" way, but in a "feck* up the absolute basics constantly" way.
You think he looks like he wants to be here? I'm sure that there is a lot more behind the scenes to much of this. Players to me, especially like Crawford look very unhappy.

The_Gun
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 am

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by The_Gun » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:40 am
Prufrock wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:24 am
Crawford has had a big injury tbf, looks am absolute shadow of the player he was. Not really sure what else Evatt can do there. He played him, he was wank, he dropped him, brought him back and he's still shite. And not in a "asked to do something he can't" way, but in a "feck* up the absolute basics constantly" way.
You think he looks like he wants to be here? I'm sure that there is a lot more behind the scenes to much of this. Players to me, especially like Crawford look very unhappy.
1. You're guessing he's unhappy
2. You're assuming (based on what?) that he's unhappy because of Evatt

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2272
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:25 pm

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by truewhite15 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:39 pm

What exactly did Crawford do last season to be called a "shining light"? One worldie free kick. Other than that? He was by no means the worst of the shite we had last season, but nor has he ever stood out to me as the deity some paint him to be.

Similar Darcy. Looked good for a kid breaking through, but shining light? I know that some amongst us have a tendency to hyperbolise, particularly when it comes to past events, but come on. He's looked mostly "promising" and "alright" at best.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25749
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:24 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:39 pm
What exactly did Crawford do last season to be called a "shining light"? One worldie free kick. Other than that? He was by no means the worst of the shite we had last season, but nor has he ever stood out to me as the deity some paint him to be.

Similar Darcy. Looked good for a kid breaking through, but shining light? I know that some amongst us have a tendency to hyperbolise, particularly when it comes to past events, but come on. He's looked mostly "promising" and "alright" at best.
I'd agree with that TW. Darcy is assuming Andranik like proportions in some circles as is Thomason and fairly recently Riley and the season before last Luca Connell - etc. ad infinitum.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20898
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:35 pm

There's a thesis to be written about the tipping point at which One Of Our Own crosses the line between above-average expectations (Frustrated Pele) to worse-than-average dog's abuse (see Nolan, Darby, Peter Nick and on back through the ages).

Darcy is potentially a good player and I was glad when he signed but I do wonder whether he truly fits any specific position (not strong enough for central midfield, not creative enough for 10, not a winger) and I would suspect that his low usage by Evatt reflects a similar concern rather than a concerted hate campaign. Riley looked calm in his 53 minutes against Shrewsbury Reserves, but it doesn't astonish me that he hasn't featured since except on the bench against Newcastle's kids.

Put it this way: there's much stronger evidence against Evatt than an unused teenager seeking to gain a double promotion to a Premier-oriented club rather than hanging about somewhere without a functioning Academy. The latter is more FV's jurisdiction than Evatt's.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 29046
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:36 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:01 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:40 am
Prufrock wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:24 am
Crawford has had a big injury tbf, looks am absolute shadow of the player he was. Not really sure what else Evatt can do there. He played him, he was wank, he dropped him, brought him back and he's still shite. And not in a "asked to do something he can't" way, but in a "feck* up the absolute basics constantly" way.
You think he looks like he wants to be here? I'm sure that there is a lot more behind the scenes to much of this. Players to me, especially like Crawford look very unhappy.
1. You're guessing he's unhappy
2. You're assuming (based on what?) that he's unhappy because of Evatt
1) Of course. He’s not the same player as last season and there are numerous times he’s looked very half hearted. Perhaps it’s all just his injury but body language says a lot
2) No. But it’s Evatt’s job to get the players performing at their best. Whatever the reason he’s failed.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10603
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:35 pm

There was an incident against Crawley where Crawford gave the ball away, and just watched as it came back towards him at the full backs feet, he stood still as they went past him, hands on hips. It was his fault, bad pass, he made no attempt to correct the error or even work to close down like a midfielder should just stood with his hands on his hips. He can feck off for me regardless.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21481
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:40 am
Prufrock wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:24 am
Crawford has had a big injury tbf, looks am absolute shadow of the player he was. Not really sure what else Evatt can do there. He played him, he was wank, he dropped him, brought him back and he's still shite. And not in a "asked to do something he can't" way, but in a "feck* up the absolute basics constantly" way.
You think he looks like he wants to be here? I'm sure that there is a lot more behind the scenes to much of this. Players to me, especially like Crawford look very unhappy.
I'm usually pretty difficult to convince that players down tools because they don't want to be there. If for no other reason than it makes no sense from a self interest point of view. Okay well, get a move elsewhere.

I'm not saying they never down tools, but usually I think what looks like they're not bothered is a lack of confidence. It could be a lack of confidence in the way he is playing, in his body. It could even be the manager. But I find it tough to blame Evatt, Crawford has been wank since game 1.

The manager's job is obviously important but it is limited. Ultimately, above everything it comes down to the players. And Crawford has been awful all season.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21481
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:53 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:35 pm
There was an incident against Crawley where Crawford gave the ball away, and just watched as it came back towards him at the full backs feet, he stood still as they went past him, hands on hips. It was his fault, bad pass, he made no attempt to correct the error or even work to close down like a midfielder should just stood with his hands on his hips. He can feck off for me regardless.
I genuinely lolled on Saturday, he made a sort of powder puff attempt to nick it in front in midfield but missed it, all arms and legs. Their guy had a shocking first touch and would've given it away but it clattered of Lackadaisical Ali and back to him to turn away.

That and when he scurried to recover a wayward pass from Santos but succeeded only in keeping it in for them to get down our wing in acres of space.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21481
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:54 pm

Darcy, I like, I think he's the sort of busy technical player this sorry of system requires, and he always wants and moves the ball and I'd like to see him get more of a chance. But he's not going to be the difference rn I don't think.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 13147
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:54 pm

I think there is a genuine lack of desire throughout the whole team. From Delfouneso, Sarcevic, Santos etc. There's a bit of talent through the spine, but they play at this level because they don't have the mentality to play higher up. Others are just feck* shite. I dont blame Evatt for that. I don't think half of the players we signed had anything to do with him
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 29046
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:33 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:54 pm
I think there is a genuine lack of desire throughout the whole team. From Delfouneso, Sarcevic, Santos etc. There's a bit of talent through the spine, but they play at this level because they don't have the mentality to play higher up. Others are just feck* shite. I dont blame Evatt for that. I don't think half of the players we signed had anything to do with him
Well we know Evatt picked Tom White who he’d worked with previously and Liam Gordon who he’d spotted in non league. Certainly encouraging signs...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10603
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:59 pm

Barrow are now looking for a third manager this season.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: When do we make a call on Evatt?

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:36 am

I've decided he's warranted a couple more games.
...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], truewhite15 and 53 guests