Will the wheel drop off? Barrow (h) 27/02/21 15:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will the wheel drop off? Barrow (h) 27/02/21 15:00

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:53 pm

I shouted "f*ck off" at the TV when he suggested that, the thick c*nt.

And then on Sunday I watched Leicester-Arsenal and wondered at just how thick Martin Keown is.

It's just so lazy. Any player ever at any time, get them on even if they know nothing.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:00 pm

I’m utterly bemused by so much of this.

1) yes it was annoying but I cannot get my head around why anyone would seek out Gary Henshaw to tell him that he “ruined the goal” and is a bell end or whatever. Just why? Would you do it in real life? I once saw John Oldgrudge on his way into the Reebok and all I could do was mutter “scouse c*nt” and had glare. Haven’t thought to seek him out to announce it on Twitter!

2) Why would Evatt have a pop at him as well? He’s doing the job presumably for not a lot. Seems mental to invite pressure from one of the voices we are hearing every week, and about something innocuous. Isn’t he a fan?

3) I’ve barely seen any criticism from fans recently so the rest of it is mental as well...wait until we are back in the ground, I deffo shouted “get it in the mixer” a few times sat, and I was wrong at least once. That’s why I’m paying £10 to watch it at home. Feels really uncalled for!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:12 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:00 pm

1) yes it was annoying but I cannot get my head around why anyone would seek out Gary Henshaw to tell him that he “ruined the goal” and is a bell end or whatever. Just why? Would you do it in real life? I once saw John Oldgrudge on his way into the Reebok and all I could do was mutter “scouse c*nt” and had glare. Haven’t thought to seek him out to announce it on Twitter!

2) Why would Evatt have a pop at him as well? He’s doing the job presumably for not a lot. Seems mental to invite pressure from one of the voices we are hearing every week, and about something innocuous. Isn’t he a fan?

3) I’ve barely seen any criticism from fans recently so the rest of it is mental as well...wait until we are back in the ground, I deffo shouted “get it in the mixer” a few times sat, and I was wrong at least once. That’s why I’m paying £10 to watch it at home. Feels really uncalled for!
Ironically we scored by ‘getting it in the mixer’. I can’t help see comparisons between IE and Dougie. Both probably have something but also maybe don’t realise what their limitations are.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:39 pm

If we were lacking anything to me it felt like our full backs and wingers should have overlapped more and got at them down the side of the box. I take Evatts point that deep diagonals aren’t the beat for our attack...but yes that is what we scored from and if the cross is decent I would back Doyle to get a yard of space. Unfortunately Jones hasn’t got the crossing ability (but Baptiste and John do).

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:16 pm

I don't think IE is saying that the way we play means we deserve to win, just that we are more entertaining to watch. It's true, the scunthorpe game was the best half of football I've seen us play since the Prem. The barrow game was not a great watch but that's because of Barrow not us, it wouldn't have been more entertaining if we'd hoofed it to liccle Eoin Doyle more often. We moved it around, kept possession, and scored a last minute winner, barrow came with spoiler tactics and their keeper was booked in like the 60th? minute for time wasting. It's no use saying pass it quicker like citeh, they've a billion? pound squad, nor is it fair to say it was good when we had Youri and JJ, it was, no doubt, but we're league two small fry now and the football we've been playing lately is decent and were winning too. It's miles better than earlier in the season, getting twatted off Port fecking Vale, and its miles better than the boring, cautious, defensive, no more than three passes then hoof it, utter unwatchable shite that's been served up by dougie, lennon and parky over the last decade.

Henshaw has been a right prick on commentary all season "if I had ten minutes with this player I'd sort him out", I'd rather have jack dearden any day.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:24 pm

officer_dibble wrote:

I don't think he did announce it on twitter, BBC asked him a question, probably based on twitter reaction. He's answered it honestly. It's probably got the morons on twitter on board at the expense of GH. We'll know all about it when iFollow are at the UniBol again as GH will let us all know about it.

"Sleep well Wanderers. If all you got to worry about is a old fart co/ commentator splutting a few words, then it's not too bad is it ?
@OfficialBWFC @BoltonFM @derekclarksport
3 points. We go again Tuesday."

Make of that what you will.

That was his response on Saturday night to the negative feedback. People are paying £10 to watch and if the experience is ruined by the "professionals" then they have to be held accountable. I doubt it will put off people watching but might encourage people to mute or switch to oppo commentary.

Maybe he'll leave it to the commentator when the ball goes in the 18 yard box.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:27 pm

Storm/Teacup

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:12 pm
officer_dibble wrote:

Ironically we scored by ‘getting it in the mixer’. I can’t help see comparisons between IE and Dougie. Both probably have something but also maybe don’t realise what their limitations are.
Out of context as he speaks of lumping it up to the man up top and playing off him. We scored from a cross from the left in their half.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:46 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:24 pm

"Sleep well Wanderers. If all you got to worry about is a old fart co/ commentator splutting a few words, then it's not too bad is it ?
@OfficialBWFC @BoltonFM @derekclarksport
3 points. We go again Tuesday."

Make of that what you will.

That was his response on Saturday night to the negative feedback. People are paying £10 to watch and if the experience is ruined by the "professionals" then they have to be held accountable. I doubt it will put off people watching but might encourage people to mute or switch to oppo commentary.

Maybe he'll leave it to the commentator when the ball goes in the 18 yard box.
To be fair he did also say...
I thought Evatt was going full Keith at first.

Like someone said above, it's small minded. It also makes him look like a thin skinned mard arse.
Overall he's had am average to poor season. He's now won 6 games in a short time, largely against teams you'd expect to beat with the excellent squad he's assembled, but this is great and a huge improvement.
He seems to want the plaudits a bit too much though, it's cringeworthy.
We're on a good run, stop being all touchy and keep it going!

Ps I fully expect him to claim it's all siege mentality mind games that only underline his genius.

PPS could DSB please do an analysis to see if BWFCi's posts coincide with when Derek is taking and Henshaw quiet. Makes you wonder... 😄

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:01 pm

I'm not sure it was a particularly necessary question to ask, and I'm not certain Evatt's response was just about Henshaw either, but he needs to get a f*cking grip.

Just play it with a straight bat. If Henshaw's comments really did bother him that much he should raise it privately.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:07 pm

Spartan2 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:16 pm
I don't think IE is saying that the way we play means we deserve to win, just that we are more entertaining to watch. It's true, the scunthorpe game was the best half of football I've seen us play since the Prem. The barrow game was not a great watch but that's because of Barrow not us, it wouldn't have been more entertaining if we'd hoofed it to liccle Eoin Doyle more often. We moved it around, kept possession, and scored a last minute winner, barrow came with spoiler tactics and their keeper was booked in like the 60th? minute for time wasting. It's no use saying pass it quicker like citeh, they've a billion? pound squad, nor is it fair to say it was good when we had Youri and JJ, it was, no doubt, but we're league two small fry now and the football we've been playing lately is decent and were winning too. It's miles better than earlier in the season, getting twatted off Port fecking Vale, and its miles better than the boring, cautious, defensive, no more than three passes then hoof it, utter unwatchable shite that's been served up by dougie, lennon and parky over the last decade.

Henshaw has been a right prick on commentary all season "if I had ten minutes with this player I'd sort him out", I'd rather have jack dearden any day.
I don’t care what style we play. The style doesn’t make it entertaining. It’s the intensity, chances created, goals scored and results. We don’t create too much in my view and for me it’s on the whole a bit dull at times.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:25 pm

Evatt's designed some "content" for Henshaw for tomorrow night.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:41 pm

Someone dubbed Jack Dearden's commentary of the wilbraham goal over it, which amused me. A bit of Ding Dong Dave Higson would have been even better. 😁

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:07 pm
Spartan2 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:16 pm

I don’t care what style we play. The style doesn’t make it entertaining. It’s the intensity, chances created, goals scored and results. We don’t create too much in my view and for me it’s on the whole a bit dull at times.

We created plenty in the last match, but of no significant quality. The number of times we got into the opposition third was a credit to the team. We didn't capitalise on our possession which is a concern and i'm sure that Evatt would be frustrated just like the rest of us.

Don't mind Henshaw commentating, think he's been relatively good but then again I remember the Bolton audio feed from a few years back with the monotone so I suspect my bar is set pretty low.

We were missing something on Saturday to really kill off Barrow. If we're getting 10 corners you would hope that we'd be able to take advantage of at least one of those.

For what its worth:

Possession: Dominated and was great to see, cannot fault this part
Defense: Defended as a team and gave the opposition very little, cannot fault this part
Set Pieces: Room for improvement
Creativity: Struggled against Barrows blocking tactic
Attack: Struggled against Barrows blocking tactic

The stuff Evatt and the team are producing at the moment is great to see but there is room for improvement. A moneyball style approach on set pieces might be helpful as well as a plan B for breaking down a solid defence. Either way it would be remiss of us to think we're the finished article, i'm just glad we've got a good setup and only need minor tweaking.

Just seen the pre-Oldham interview. Evatt talks a lot of sense in his interviews.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:12 pm

I broadly agree with him on Henshaw but he sounds like a bit of a mard arse kicking off.

I'm not sure I'll remember this in a month's time.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:20 pm

Is it even directed at Henshaw?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:29 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:20 pm
Yes he didn't name him but made it very clear it was him. He brought negativity into an interview with Dearden, who followed up and got that rant.
Just no need.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:22 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:29 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:20 pm
Yes he didn't name him but made it very clear it was him. He brought negativity into an interview with Dearden, who followed up and got that rant.
Just no need.
Apparently he did name him just not in the clips that have been released.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:29 am

Glad to see it isn't just me who finds Evatt's rant to be embarrassing, pathetic, Keith Hill-esque and one from which he emerges as being something of a big man-baby.
May the bridges I burn light your way