Minefields and banana skins.V Oldham Athletic away Tues 2nd March 7'O clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Minefields and banana skins.V Oldham Athletic away Tues 2nd March 7'O clock.

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:58 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:22 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:45 pm

I'm not as convinced as some, that our home crowd will react well to passing it along the back. Especially if we were say 1-0 down. Patience isn't a noted attribute of some of our folks.

They also need someone to dislike intently - so they're always going to get booed. Is a shame.
I don't think they will either. But in a winning run it would be ok. Start of the season? Oh boy. Our home crowd is benign but of course some will get at manager or players and it can have impact.
28 passes in the build-up to Doyle's goal last night. If Special Needs Corner haven't the collective attention span to appreciate that then I suggest that they go and find something less demanding to do.
Figured someone would count 'em eventually - knew it was a lot! :-)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Minefields and banana skins.V Oldham Athletic away Tues 2nd March 7'O clock.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:08 pm

Bit early to start a Bradford thread, so I'll post a few idle thoughts here.

Bradford are four points adrift of us but have two games in hand and have won five on the bounce. Only Cambridge and Stevenage have played a game more than us. Cheltenham, Tranmere and Forest Green are all above us and have a game in hand and Morecambe have a two point advantage having played same games as us. .

Beyond the bald and obvious facts I'll leave the stats to D.S.B, but it just shows that there isn't much muchness to take for granted. Crawley, in 14th spot and nine points behind us have two games in hand, two wins and that becomes 3. All this is based on us keep winning and hoping for a few slips amongst the rest. Bradford suddenly becomes a massive game.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:24 pm

Just listened to Doyle's post match interview...where he refers to the strength of the bench, with the King and "Ole Gunnar Miller"...really?!?!

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:15 am

Mr Kewell has left the building, Mr clough next ?
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.