Who'll parade their plonkers at the Rodney? - Newport away April 5th, 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Who'll parade their plonkers at the Rodney? - Newport away April 5th, 3pm

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:39 pm

When I saw it via iFollow, not the best vantage point, it did not appear to have crossed the line. I however have no clue what infringement took place by Lee when the ref blew for the free kick that led to the goal. Did someone see something that I didn't?

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:41 pm

The lack of goals in this squad could come back to haunt us, this has been a really poor Easter. Like everyone else I'm really frustrated but the lack of goals & goal scorers in this team is glaring. Without Sarcevic we have one goal scorer in the team, I know Delfounso has chipped in with a few, but for the past 3 months or so he just doesn't look interested at all, he's just so half hearted - such a talent and its just such a pity that he has a very poor & lazy attitude as when he's up for it (once or twice a season) he's a match winner which we need now.

We need Sarcevic back next week we really do. One of my other issues is why game after game we start the 2nd half so slow & so lethargic, what they hell does Evatt tell them at half time, I also still think even after the run that we have been on that this team still lacks leaders & fight.

We can still do this, but the players need to be braver much braver.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:41 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:39 pm
When I saw it via iFollow, not the best vantage point, it did not appear to have crossed the line. I however have no clue what infringement took place by Lee when the ref blew for the free kick that led to the goal. Did someone see something that I didn't?

Played the ball with his upper arm.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:43 pm

Maybe they need to work a way of getting Miller in the team. Surprised he didn’t come on today, certainly don’t see Afolayan scoring. Maybe Sarc will be back next week. We were never going unbeaten till the end of the season so we need to suck it up and move on - react the right way next Saturday.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:49 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:43 pm
Maybe they need to work a way of getting Miller in the team. Surprised he didn’t come on today, certainly don’t see Afolayan scoring. Maybe Sarc will be back next week. We were never going unbeaten till the end of the season so we need to suck it up and move on - react the right way next Saturday.
This is an issue. Clearly missed in the past couple of games. How many Lee chances would he have missed?

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:49 pm

I'm no football brain or tactician but I think we had success in the first half and were so effective down the wings because Newport played 3 at the back. Looks like they reverted to a 4-4-2 at half time and seemed to nullify anything we tried.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:22 pm

I think Isgrove touched the ball twice in the second half before he was subbed.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:22 pm

Decent performance overall, actually better than a lot of our recent matches. Abysmal finishing costs us, but hopefully not too dearly.

Let’s hope Southend can take some points off Morecambe tomorrow.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:24 pm

HMX wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:49 pm
I'm no football brain or tactician but I think we had success in the first half and were so effective down the wings because Newport played 3 at the back. Looks like they reverted to a 4-4-2 at half time and seemed to nullify anything we tried.

They brought a centre-half off for a midfielder at half-time.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:45 pm

Can’t believe we’ve shipped 6 points to that set of shithouses btw. They brought on a 42 year old outfield ffs.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:30 pm

Evatt said ‘ We can’t get too downbeat. We’re disappointed more with Friday than today’

So takes away the bonkers theory that we didn’t extend ourselves on Friday deliberately. Thank god. It was just a rotten performance at the wrong time.