Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39064
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:25 pm

Along with Crawley, Harrogate have the worst form over the last six games. We need to make that seven, so COME ON YOU WHITES, GET IN THERE... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10416
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:19 am

We need to ‘spring’ into action from the off here. Let’s have no excuses tomorrow night.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20366
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:10 am

They's an aerial threat. https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... harrogate/

Iles:
"No team in League Two has won more in the air or put more crosses into the penalty box than Simon Weaver’s Harrogate."

Evatt:
“Some of the players enjoy the heading drills and some of them definitely don't – but I told them if they have a headache then you have got Kieran to thank.

"We’re expecting a few balls in the box, in fact I think that is why a lot of the lads haven’t had a haircut so it can absorb some of the blow. You’ve all seen George Thomason’s hair – Matt Gilks has been calling him a centurion all day because his hairdo has grown into the shape of a helmet.

“We needed the practice at both ends. We know Harrogate are direct, they are physical, they are good at all that stuff and we need to make sure we do that side of the game well. Then we need to make sure we have the quality, intensity and movement to cause them problems.

“The players should take a lot of credit for that [improvement since Christmas] because they have had to put their head where it hurts. We openly admit we would like to score more from our own set pieces. We probably don’t put our head in enough in the opposition box. Defending, we have found some solutions. But we can’t take them for granted."

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39064
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:26 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:19 am
We need to ‘spring’ into action from the off here. Let’s have no excuses tomorrow night.
Aye, should be a real "spa-rring" match this.. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20366
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:27 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:26 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:19 am
We need to ‘spring’ into action from the off here. Let’s have no excuses tomorrow night.
Aye, should be a real "spa-rring" match this.. :wink:
Let's hope we chalybeate them.

What? Where's everybody going?

Mar
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1806
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: Bolton

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:13 pm

Evatt's ripped up the usual set of beliefs I have around matches like this. Potential banana skins that we would have a bad habit of presenting them with their first win in how-ever-many games but I don't feel this way now. I've got a feeling that we'll get a result against Harrogate and hopefully set a precedent for the remaining matches.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39064
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:59 pm

The way to beat us is simple; opposing teams, just read this site and follow the instructions. We'll tell you how we're going to play and what we're going to do. Result. :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25334
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:48 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:59 pm
The way to beat us is simple; opposing teams, just read this site and follow the instructions. We'll tell you how we're going to play and what we're going to do. Result. :)
You did spot the invention of television, video and streaming TD? :-) Ain't too much going to pass the opposition by... ;-)

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39064
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:59 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:48 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:59 pm
The way to beat us is simple; opposing teams, just read this site and follow the instructions. We'll tell you how we're going to play and what we're going to do. Result. :)
You did spot the invention of television, video and streaming TD? :-) Ain't too much going to pass the opposition by... ;-)
Twas just a feeble attempt at light-hearted humour Worthy. Even the very best technology can't foresee the future...fortunately. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25334
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:08 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:59 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:48 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:59 pm
The way to beat us is simple; opposing teams, just read this site and follow the instructions. We'll tell you how we're going to play and what we're going to do. Result. :)
You did spot the invention of television, video and streaming TD? :-) Ain't too much going to pass the opposition by... ;-)
Twas just a feeble attempt at light-hearted humour Worthy. Even the very best technology can't foresee the future...fortunately. :wink:
That's true but it can sure work out probabilities pretty darned quick.

The_Gun
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 937
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 am

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by The_Gun » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:49 pm

I’m struggling to look at the fixture home vs Harrogate without thinking we should win 10-0.

Gilks

Jones Santos Baptiste John

Lee MJ

Isgrove Maddison Dapo

Doyle

3-0 Bolton.
Last edited by The_Gun on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 21107
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by Prufrock » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:57 pm

I'd toss a coin on Isgrove v Delf but same. Without Sarc we don't really play through midfield anyway so hard work out wide and let Marcus be Marcus.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25334
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:29 pm

Same, but might be tempted to give Arthur another go on left instead of Dapo. The 5 behind Doyle I think have 2 goals to their name...

KeyserSoze
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1933
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by KeyserSoze » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:08 am

I have learned this evening that Harrogate Town's nickname is 'The Sulphurites' and for that reason alone I hope we dick them 8-0.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

The_Gun
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 937
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 am

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by The_Gun » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:25 am

Argh, quoted myself when trying to edit.

Anyway, I am genuinely in favour of starting Maddison today for the first time in months. Thought he showed some good signs last week and if not today then when?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9034
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:38 am

The_Gun wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:25 am
Argh, quoted myself when trying to edit.

Anyway, I am genuinely in favour of starting Maddison today for the first time in months. Thought he showed some good signs last week and if not today then when?
Agree. Not because I think he's brilliant but because we're lacking a cutting edge up front and it needs freshening. We have options from the bench if he's doing nothing. I wouldn't be tinkering with the formation, probably drop delf. he's been disappointing overall, just think he can do so.much more than he's showing. Still a useful player to have around of course.
...

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39064
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:06 am

The_Gun wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:25 am
Argh, quoted myself when trying to edit.

Anyway, I am genuinely in favour of starting Maddison today for the first time in months. Thought he showed some good signs last week and if not today then when?
Might be well worth the surprise factor; the chance the opposition might not fully expect us to start him rather than use him as a sub. "Super-subs" don't seem to happen these days as often as in the past; I'm thinking David Fairclough or Ole Gunnar Solskjær etc..., but Madison might just rise to the occasion as a front runner.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bertie Wooster
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:52 am

1-1 today, I just don't think that this team has it in them to score enough goals & I can see Harrogate scoring. I got my hopes up for automatic promotion before the Colchester & Newport games, but I now can't see it. They need to start playing with intensity for the 90 mins & not just the 1st 30 mins, pass the ball quicker and get more men in the box. Oldham put 5 past Colchester last night but we couldn't even manage 1.

I really hope that I'm proved wrong through and that today is the day when they actually play like they are the best team in the league and not stay in 2nd gear - if Sarce plays we may nick it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25334
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:57 am

I'm thinking this could be quite nervy after the last two outings (not that the performance v Newport was bad). The results probably going to put some pressure on. That said, Harrogate look pretty safe on points and they've lost 4 out of the last 5.

Nervy 1-0 Wanderers.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28234
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Something in the water? V Harrogate, home, 3-0'clock Sat 10-04 -21

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:00 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:52 am
1-1 today, I just don't think that this team has it in them to score enough goals & I can see Harrogate scoring. I got my hopes up for automatic promotion before the Colchester & Newport games, but I now can't see it. They need to start playing with intensity for the 90 mins & not just the 1st 30 mins, pass the ball quicker and get more men in the box. Oldham put 5 past Colchester last night but we couldn't even manage 1.

I really hope that I'm proved wrong through and that today is the day when they actually play like they are the best team in the league and not stay in 2nd gear - if Sarce plays we may nick it.
It’s must win. So I hope our approach reflects that. Our inability to move up in gears or seeming inability is honestly my only concern. A few 3-0 or 4-0 results would have helped I think.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], GhostoftheBok, Google [Bot] and 25 guests