Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20347
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:59 pm

(NB Newport 0-0 Carlisle still playing, 93rd minute)

HMX
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1836
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:29 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by HMX » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:59 pm

What a win! Huge challenges from Delf and Jones to keep them out. MoTM? I thought Jones, Baptiste and Isgrove were very good.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3370
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:01 pm

Get the feck in! What a defensive performance! Bodies blocking shots and clearing headers all over the place. Take that you tinpot tw@ts!

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5068
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by DJBlu » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:02 pm

HMX wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:59 pm
What a win! Huge challenges from Delf and Jones to keep them out. MoTM? I thought Jones, Baptiste and Isgrove were very good.
All the team including management celebrated it. Absolutely class play.

Bodies on the line.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20347
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:03 pm

FT Newport 0-0 Carlisle

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2232
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:25 pm

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:04 pm

Great stuff. More than a game clear of 4th, two points off the top with five games to go.

Mar
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1806
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: Bolton

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by Mar » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:04 pm

What a great result and some really good results around the grounds, Morecambe being the exception.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3370
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:05 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:58 pm
And are you gonna believe us?
.
Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 20.58.05.png

How’d you like them apples, Keith? You onion munching prick!

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 39054
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:06 pm

Mission accomplished. Salford record unbeaten home run ended, three point to us and Tranmere lose....

:oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bertie Wooster
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:08 pm

That was fcuking nail biting & nervy 2nd half, but what a result. I've had a go in the past about a lack of spirit & passion but I couldn't fault anyone tonight - they fought for each other, we sat back a bit to much for me 2nd half but they were absolutely outstanding at the back.

What a win.

Mar
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1806
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: Bolton

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by Mar » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:09 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:08 pm
That was fcuking a nail biting & nervy 2nd half, but what a result. I've had a go in the past about a lack of spirit & passion but I couldn't fault anyone tonight - they fought for each other, we sat back a bit to much for me 2nd half but they were absolutely outstanding at the back.

What a win.
Agreed with this. I thought today was one of a few games where we've failed to impose our play style on the opposition. But that being said we've dealt with their game and should've been comfortably ahead early on. Draw probably would've been fair but delighted with the result.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28189
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:10 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:58 pm
What a fecking result that is.

Absolutely dreadful second half to watch.

PP football back with a vengeance. Do I not like that.

3 points, 2 off top 4 from 4th.

I think I need a lay down after that.
Give over. That second half display was absolutely superb. At no point, no point did I think Salford would score. We put everything on the line and played like men. It was superb. And we had chances on the break with more care would have been comfortable. But that’s how you win titles in this country. Not by fancy dan stuff but by solid impenetrable displays against a team coming at you with everything.

That’s the best game we’ve played this season and the most enjoyable. For the first real time you can say this team really has mettle and is properly up for the fight.

Bertie Wooster
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:12 pm

Also hats off to Delfouneso, he's looked disinterested in these past few months but I thought on Saturday he looked better and more committed & again when he came on tonight I thought he worked his socks off defensively.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5068
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by DJBlu » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:10 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:58 pm
What a fecking result that is.

Absolutely dreadful second half to watch.

PP football back with a vengeance. Do I not like that.

3 points, 2 off top 4 from 4th.

I think I need a lay down after that.
Give over. That second half display was absolutely superb. At no point, no point did I think Salford would score. We put everything on the line and played like men. It was superb. And we had chances on the break with more care would have been comfortable. But that’s how you win titles in this country. Not by fancy dan stuff but by solid impenetrable displays against a team coming at you with everything.

That’s the best game we’ve played this season and the most enjoyable. For the first real time you can say this team really has mettle and is properly up for the fight.
You're wired up wrong. Simple.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28189
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:15 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:12 pm
Also hats off to Delfouneso, he's looked disinterested in these past few months but I thought on Saturday he looked better and more committed & again when he came on tonight I thought he worked his socks off defensively.
Every player out there worked as hard as they possibly could. Really hard to call a MoTM. Really hard. Probably between Doyle, Lee and MJ for me. Guess Gethin in with a shout too today.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10410
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:16 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:12 pm
Also hats off to Delfouneso, he's looked disinterested in these past few months but I thought on Saturday he looked better and more committed & again when he came on tonight I thought he worked his socks off defensively.
👍

Mar
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1806
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: Bolton

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by Mar » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:16 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:14 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:10 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:58 pm
What a fecking result that is.

Absolutely dreadful second half to watch.

PP football back with a vengeance. Do I not like that.

3 points, 2 off top 4 from 4th.

I think I need a lay down after that.
Give over. That second half display was absolutely superb. At no point, no point did I think Salford would score. We put everything on the line and played like men. It was superb. And we had chances on the break with more care would have been comfortable. But that’s how you win titles in this country. Not by fancy dan stuff but by solid impenetrable displays against a team coming at you with everything.

That’s the best game we’ve played this season and the most enjoyable. For the first real time you can say this team really has mettle and is properly up for the fight.
You're wired up wrong. Simple.
I think he just likes the contentious posts. Hard to say that is the best game we've played this season when we were backs to the wall for most of the match. We've fought hard and got a result but its far from being at our best, us at our best would have us on much higher possession.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28189
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:18 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:14 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:10 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:58 pm
What a fecking result that is.

Absolutely dreadful second half to watch.

PP football back with a vengeance. Do I not like that.

3 points, 2 off top 4 from 4th.

I think I need a lay down after that.
Give over. That second half display was absolutely superb. At no point, no point did I think Salford would score. We put everything on the line and played like men. It was superb. And we had chances on the break with more care would have been comfortable. But that’s how you win titles in this country. Not by fancy dan stuff but by solid impenetrable displays against a team coming at you with everything.

That’s the best game we’ve played this season and the most enjoyable. For the first real time you can say this team really has mettle and is properly up for the fight.
You're wired up wrong. Simple.
I’m just not a modern football fan. I like proper football where results are dug out or goals scored. Not a team stumbling to a 1-0 after having 80% possession.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 28189
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:19 pm

Mar wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:16 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:14 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:10 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:58 pm
What a fecking result that is.

Absolutely dreadful second half to watch.

PP football back with a vengeance. Do I not like that.

3 points, 2 off top 4 from 4th.

I think I need a lay down after that.
Give over. That second half display was absolutely superb. At no point, no point did I think Salford would score. We put everything on the line and played like men. It was superb. And we had chances on the break with more care would have been comfortable. But that’s how you win titles in this country. Not by fancy dan stuff but by solid impenetrable displays against a team coming at you with everything.

That’s the best game we’ve played this season and the most enjoyable. For the first real time you can say this team really has mettle and is properly up for the fight.
You're wired up wrong. Simple.
I think he just likes the contentious posts. Hard to say that is the best game we've played this season when we were backs to the wall for most of the match. We've fought hard and got a result but its far from being at our best, us at our best would have us on much higher possession.
Load of nonsense arsene wengers. Possession is meaningless. It’s absolutely not a measure of how well you’ve played. Shots on target vs the opponents or chances created is what matters. Ultimately goals scored.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10410
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:26 pm

Tranmere Twitter is GLORIOUS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests