Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:47 pm

Another must win, I suspect for both sides. Junior redshites the only team in England not to have lost at home. Lose to these fcukers should be a disciplinary matter.

I'm thinking that I might start with the formation that includes Thomason, rather than Maddison/Delf. Then again, if Cpt. Sarcevic was back with us...

Predict 1-1 draw.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Dirty Old Town, Salford City (A) - Tues 13 April 19:00 KO

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:11 pm

Salford are the only team whose possession stats come near us. But does that mean they'll come at us, or that we can let them tip-tap harmlessly in their own half, as they did at the UniBol?

As W4E noted elsewhere, Evatt has mea-culpa'd that he chose the "wrong" team on Saturday: "To be fair to Harrogate, they came and had a right go at us, so we needed that extra deeper midfield player and not another attacker on the pitch to help us build through the press. I thought it would be like the Colchester game, like the Barrow game where the team sat off and we need something creative to unlock the door and it wasn’t that type of game."

Evatt was also quick to protect Maddison from blame but it will be a surprise if he starts on Tuesday. I suspect that except against bus-parkers we may start to see Thomason drafted into a midfield trip, with Lee nominally the 10, unless and until the captain returns; arguably more of a 4-3-3 than a 4-2-3-1. With Salford busy in midfield, that's what I expect us to do tomorrow.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:17 pm

Probably say a draw wouldn’t be disastrous here. But looking at our remaining fixtures the only two you’d say we should absolutely win by the league table are Grimsby away and Crawley away. But of course Grimsby are fighting for their lives down there and those games can be awkward and Crawley is the final game so who knows?

So we need to win some games that look trickier against fellow promotion chasers as all the other games are.

A win here would be superb but you have the feeling it will be a tough ask. We aren’t flying and they are just finding their feet for a late push for the playoffs.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:55 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:47 pm
Another must win, I suspect for both sides. Junior redshites the only team in England not to have lost at home. Lose to these fcukers should be a disciplinary matter.

I'm thinking that I might start with the formation that includes Thomason, rather than Maddison/Delf. Then again, if Cpt. Sarcevic was back with us...

Predict 1-1 draw.
Ha, I was expecting some "matchstick men and matchstick cats and dogs" for a match thread title, but "Dirty Old Town" does it nicely. Having spent three years as a security guard around Moss Side, Salford and district as it used to be, I grew to really detest the place. Hammer em.... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:55 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:47 pm

Predict 1-1 draw.
Ha, I was expecting some "matchstick men and matchstick cats and dogs" for a match thread title, but "Dirty Old Town" does it nicely. Having spent three years as a security guard around Moss Side, Salford and district as it used to be, I grew to really detest the place. Hammer em.... :oyea:
I've been a Salford resident for all my years! Never knew Moss Side had been a part of it ever...Dirty Old Town was penned about Salford though! :-)

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:18 am

Could this be the game where the top 3 break away from the playoffs?

Hope so, can't see it happening though.

1-1 with other results going our way would be nice.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:29 am

I suppose Evatt must be doing a press conference today, so maybe we'll learn whether Sarce is in contention. If Sarce plays I think we'll win, if not we'll draw.

Gilks

Jones Santos Baptiste John

MJ Lee/Thomason

Isgrove Sarce/Lee Delf

Doyle

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:22 am

Be surprised if Sarce is straight back in, bench first maybe? Think it will be the Newport midfield with Isgrove and Delf out wide. MM or Arthur dropped in favour of a keeper on the bench.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:43 am

If I were Marcus Madison (minus the tattoos, headband, Peaky Blinders haircut etc,etc, of course, just not my style, more Gareth Farrelly, me)) I might just be annoyed enough at being dropped to play a blinder and prove everybody wrong. Then again, I'm not and probably won't get picked for a while to try. Shame after all the build up. There must be a good footballer in there somewhere?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:47 pm

I'd be delighted with a 1-1 draw. They've a decent squad, a great home record and a good coach.

I'll be staggered if he starts with Madison. I've lost faith that he'll come good for us and he'll be long gone by August.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:48 pm

Maddison has left the club. Hope he gets the help and support he needs.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:55 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:48 pm
Maddison has left the club. Hope he gets the help and support he needs.
Just seen that. Hear hear. There's a lot of talent there but it's no use without good health. Best of luck to him.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:56 pm

Didnt work out for either party. Shame. Hope he gets on with it at a club closer to home next season. Just not against us!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:02 pm

Have to wish the man well. Many reasons can affect life. Good luck to him. He'll probably star elsewhere.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:11 pm

Good luck to the lad....his mental health and overall well being comes before anything else. You have to wonder though why he came in the first place, surely he knew that he would be staying in the hotel and that he would be away from his daughter, saying that perhaps he thought that he could deal with it at the time.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:16 pm

Suspect that there is more to this than meets the eye. I can imagine that Maddison would've been unhappy at only getting half a match on Saturday and with living away from family it would've been compounding of his problems.

Shame its not worked out for him at the club. I suspect that we would've been better off having him as an option than not having him at all. Maybe a two week break for the guy would've made this possible but I understand the decision.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:45 pm

Will we look to replace him, or go with what we have? If the Capt comes back, maybe the latter ?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:51 pm

There’s Sarcevic and Darcy, and I do wonder if Politic is a possibility for cameos in the run in.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:59 pm

Clearly wasn't working out, whichever way you look at it, on or off the pitch. Wish him well.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:18 pm

I was very excited we when we got him here because I have seen him before and was a really fantastic player. Now I know why he couldn't get much of a game over the past year and ended up in L2. The Maverick.

Clearly there are other unfortunate issues that has affected him hence the deterioration of his game. I really do hope he gets the support and help needed to get through this and the other challenges he faces in the future. Mental Health is no joke issue as we at Bolton know from past experiences of some of our players.