Be Wise and Ern it: Morecambe (A) Sat 24/4/21 @ 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Be Wise and Ern it: Morecambe (A) Sat 24/4/21 @ 3pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:32 am

I re-watched the game (well most of it) with the Morecambe commentators. Now I enjoyed a bit of Dave Higson back in the day and lamented the fact premiership promotion ended his 'career' as a commentator as the premiership demanded a professional club matchday commentator apparently (least Dave went out on a high with the play off final at Wembley). But Dave was a character, he had character and was passionate - no doubt sometimes one-eyed but he always appreciated good players the opposition had and when we were outplayed he said so.

This pair of clowns however, were absolutely awful. Firstly they sounded like they were describing paint dry. They sounded bored, depressed and like it was a bother being there. Secondly they clearly had massive chips on their shoulders about Bolton Wanderers. From the infamous 'who's a bellend now' in reference to Evatt, to complaining that the ref was biased - I mean you expect a bit of that when you have a man sent off but even the most one-eyed supporter cannot claim the ref was really biased. They seemed to mainly focus on us being 'cheats' and were delighted to read out comments sent into them about how we cheated. Dapo stamped on their player who just 'swatted him away' according to their commentary.

A right pair of bitters. However, my view was compounded when at one point they described us as 'free scoring' really? Then on about 85 minutes decided to say we 'hadn't looked like scoring second half'. Now whilst its true our final ball and decision making let us down I'd say its inaccurate to say we didn't look like scoring - even I thought we'd score a second at some point and that's me - and I watch us every week!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:02 am

Aye the sending off incident was "oh here we go" then "what happened, I didn't see it" before somehow we had cheated them! Even their own manager said he could have no complaints about the sending off.

The local Morecambe paper gave a much fairer, more balanced assessment. They picked up on us almost attempting to walk in a 2nd rather than getting shots off.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:26 pm

Suspect quite a few Morecambe fans had them down as winning that one mentally and are looking for reasons why not. Their opportunity to beat a big club and turn the promotion race in their favour - their little fairy story. If they want to watch cheats in action I’d suggest they re watch the game at our place.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:58 am

The Morecambe manager has said 'over the 90 minutes we were the better side'.

I think that has to be one of the most laughable comments I've heard from a manager. If he'd said first 20 minutes or so up until the sending off then fair enough. Morecambe were indeed the better side in that period and I've re-watched it and I don't think it can be argued.

But over the 90 we should have won 3-0 comfortably. Adams must need a trip to Specsavers.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:12 am

Speaking of laughable comments from managers, remember the chuckling all the way up to Jeff Stelling when Evatt said we were the best team in the league?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:17 am

Be a few words being eaten next weekend I hope! Up the shithousing prediction spoiling chip pisser onners whites!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:58 am

I think that has to be one of the most laughable comments I've heard from a manager. If he'd said first 20 minutes or so up until the sending off then fair enough. Morecambe were indeed the better side in that period and I've re-watched it and I don't think it can be argued.

But over the 90 we should have won 3-0 comfortably. Adams must need a trip to Specsavers.
I don't think we could argue they showed more attacking intent than us, first 20. But (and this is important - to me anyhow), they didn't make us sweat much and Gilks didn't have a save to make (other than a very weak header straight into his hands). They punted a lot in where we won the header easily/unchallenged. It didn't feel very threatening.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:27 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:38 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:58 am

I don't think we could argue they showed more attacking intent than us, first 20. But (and this is important - to me anyhow), they didn't make us sweat much and Gilks didn't have a save to make (other than a very weak header straight into his hands). They punted a lot in where we won the header easily/unchallenged. It didn't feel very threatening.
Yeah I don't think they were banging the door down but it was always going to be tight and on re-watching we were struggling to get any control on the game after 20 minutes. They weren't creating chances granted but certainly looked more likely than we did at the time. That's not to say we'd have not found a way out I'm sure we would.

The idea they played better than us for 90 minutes is laughable though. They barely touched the ball for periods of the second half. I'm not even convinced they defended well, our failure to put the game to bed was mainly on us. But there we go.

Funny old game because the only team I remember really creating a lot against us in the last sequence of matches is Grimsby. We lost at Newport to more or less their only chance. Salford and FGR rarely troubled us. Grimsby could have scored 6. Arguably should have.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 08, 2021 6:21 pm

Had a gander on their forum and this lot since the result today have opened a thread complaining about our finances. What a truly odd bunch of not rights.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 08, 2021 6:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:21 pm
Had a gander on their forum and this lot since the result today have opened a thread complaining about our finances. What a truly odd bunch of not rights.
Really is very odd. They need to get out more (mind Morcambe was shut last time I passed through)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 08, 2021 6:56 pm

Just after a rival...not worth the effort. I hope they come up as it’s a nice away day and they are not Tranmere.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 08, 2021 7:06 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:56 pm
Just after a rival...not worth the effort. I hope they come up as it’s a nice away day and they are not Tranmere.
They've got Barrow and Carlisle as part of the land that time forgot.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 08, 2021 7:13 pm

They are fecking miles from both. Preston is their nearest league team.

I tell you there’s a few teams on my hit list for a docking next season - Accrington fecking Stanley and Wigan are joint top...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 08, 2021 7:27 pm

Barrer is about 10 miles across the bay...anyhoo. fcuk em and the ship they sail on. Miserable bastards.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat May 08, 2021 9:22 pm

Remember my old man saying he heard they don't bury the dead in morecambe, just stand them up in bus stops.
Anyway, bitterness aside I think they've won 6 out of the last 7 so are unlucky not to go up. Penny for the thoughts of that daft bastard who got sent off against us. BWFC_Insane got panned for saying it but I also doubt we'd have won that game without his intervention.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat May 08, 2021 10:21 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:22 pm
Remember my old man saying he heard they don't bury the dead in morecambe, just stand them up in bus stops.
Anyway, bitterness aside I think they've won 6 out of the last 7 so are unlucky not to go up. Penny for the thoughts of that daft bastard who got sent off against us. BWFC_Insane got panned for saying it but I also doubt we'd have won that game without his intervention.

Winning 6 of the last 7 is not the same as winning 16 of the last 22. So fk 'em! 🤣🤣
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat May 08, 2021 10:29 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:21 pm
LeverEnd wrote:

Winning 6 of the last 7 is not the same as winning 16 of the last 22. So fk 'em! 🤣🤣
Well there is that Tony you magnanimous bastard you!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 08, 2021 10:39 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Clearly you didn't inherit the old man's good sense :-)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat May 08, 2021 10:52 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:39 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Clearly you didn't inherit the old man's good sense :-)
Obviously not. Just feel a bit sorry for them and slightly support them now they're playing tranmere

My tranmere mate sent me a congratulations text and I lied and wished him well for the playoffs

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 08, 2021 10:55 pm

Haha feck Tranmere
They lucked out playing us twice before we signed MJ and the gang. They probably enjoyed those wins as much as we enjoyed being promoted.

Keith fecking Hill is an onion bothering dinosaur.