The future is hidden from all men and great events hang on small chances: Exeter (H) Sat 1/5/21 @ 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: The future is hidden from all men and great events hang on small chances: Exeter (H) Sat 1/5/21 @ 3pm

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun May 02, 2021 11:15 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 10:37 am
Who's saying throw the towel in ? I really hope we win next week as I honestly don't fancy us in the play off's the way the team is currently playing.

I was just saying earlier that both Evatt & Gilks said that the pressure may have got to the players yesterday, and to me that's what I call 'bottling it', therefore if that is the mentality of the team then they could also bottle it again next week - I really hope that they don't and that yesterday hurt them a lot and they come out next week and play with desire & intensity for 90mins, but we've been saying this for months and they still only play well in patches.
It's a bit simplistic to say they bottled it. Pressure and fatigue often go hand in hand. The pressure builds because it is so close and the expectation is so high at the moment. The fatigue will have been building too. It has an effect and it isn't bottling it, it's just a negative effect on performance.

I was thinking back last night to my own sporting experience and some of the big games I played in. I was never good enough to turn pro or anything, but at school and college I played in and around the highest levels of basketball. At 17, having played in various finals I ended up at the national u19 finals in Cardiff (I went college in North Wales). We lost our final league game badly largely due to a bit of fatigue (long journey, very early start and playing at high intensity) and the pressure of being so close. We didn't necessarily play badly, we were just a fraction of a second slower to the ball and snatched at things a little. We over thought it. We were also playing a very very good team. The one thing we didn't do was bottle it. If anything we were trying too hard. To cut a long story short we got through to the semis as we finished 2nd in the league. We beat the top team from the other league and met the team that smashed us in the final. That day, in front of the largest crowd by a huge margin we came within a whisker of becoming national champions. We used our experience of the previous game and gave them a game they will never have forgotten. We had a crowd of over 1,000 cheering us on and it was electric. We played the game of our lives, it wasn't enough but I remain intensely proud of it.

What I'm saying is that the same set of players can both wobble under a bit of pressure and at the same time find a way to embrace it, despite fatigue, despite the opposition. Having a crowd would probably have lifted the players yesterday. It's not an excuse, but it will be contributory. Don't write them off as bottlers. I don't see bottlers in that team. I see a bunch of players, much like my team back in the day. Tired, anxious to get the job done and just not quite the right intensity. Hopefully yesterday will have galvanised them and they can use it to come back strong and perform to their best next week.

Get the negative out of your system and get the positivity and belief going. The players will feel the vibe on social media and the best we as fans can do is draw a line under yesterday and get those positive vibes out there. If it does go to shit next week then the recriminations can begin after we've won the playoffs :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The future is hidden from all men and great events hang on small chances: Exeter (H) Sat 1/5/21 @ 3pm

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 02, 2021 11:22 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 10:54 am
Worthy I’m not having that we are the best side in the division but it’s just coincidental that we lose games when we have a chance to get over the line and it’s just ‘one of those things’. Once or twice ok it happens. But should we lose or draw next week and then not win in the play offs those are the games that matter the ones that define whether your season is ultimately a success or a miserable failure.

I’m simply not buying this ‘happy to be where we are’ stuff. We got to where we are and the job needs finishing off. Or we’ve either bottled it or the position we got to ultimately flattered us.

We’ve got Crawley next week with nothing to play for. For me there are no excuses between Exeter and Crawley if we are half as good as said and mentally strong you win one of those. If not it reflects some significant issue.

Evatt keeps saying we are a big club and these are the pressures of managing us I’m afraid. There aren’t any excuses to be made. Just a job to be done. The thing that defines good managers and great teams is winning when it really matters. Saturdays gone but Crawley is another one that really matters.
You can have what you want, mate. It's a statement of fact that we have been the best team since Jan, by your objective measure of having accumulated more ppg than any other team. You could always define a different measure to fit your narrative, which you're already doing, by pointing to it "flattering us". In every other team's records, there will be games they've ground out, too.

As for "we've got Crawley next week who have nothing to play for", who's expecting us to win, with that statement? I'd suggest you. Crawley, I suspect would be delighted to put one over us. In all my time playing sport, there was never a single competitive game where the purpose of it was not to win.

Yes, the job needs finishing off, for the season to be a success, but I recognise there's another team out there and despite our record since Jan there have been losses, too - I mean who would imagine that? I doubt I'll be quite as complementary should we fcuk it up from here (see, there's me expecting to win), but fcuk me, they've given it a proper go since Jan.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 02, 2021 11:27 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 11:15 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Who's saying throw the towel in ? I really hope we win next week as I honestly don't fancy us in the play off's the way the team is currently playing.

I was just saying earlier that both Evatt & Gilks said that the pressure may have got to the players yesterday, and to me that's what I call 'bottling it', therefore if that is the mentality of the team then they could also bottle it again next week - I really hope that they don't and that yesterday hurt them a lot and they come out next week and play with desire & intensity for 90mins, but we've been saying this for months and they still only play well in patches.
It's a bit simplistic to say they bottled it. Pressure and fatigue often go hand in hand. The pressure builds because it is so close and the expectation is so high at the moment. The fatigue will have been building too. It has an effect and it isn't bottling it, it's just a negative effect on performance.

I was thinking back last night to my own sporting experience and some of the big games I played in. I was never good enough to turn pro or anything, but at school and college I played in and around the highest levels of basketball. At 17, having played in various finals I ended up at the national u19 finals in Cardiff (I went college in North Wales). We lost our final league game badly largely due to a bit of fatigue (long journey, very early start and playing at high intensity) and the pressure of being so close. We didn't necessarily play badly, we were just a fraction of a second slower to the ball and snatched at things a little. We over thought it. We were also playing a very very good team. The one thing we didn't do was bottle it. If anything we were trying too hard. To cut a long story short we got through to the semis as we finished 2nd in the league. We beat the top team from the other league and met the team that smashed us in the final. That day, in front of the largest crowd by a huge margin we came within a whisker of becoming national champions. We used our experience of the previous game and gave them a game they will never have forgotten. We had a crowd of over 1,000 cheering us on and it was electric. We played the game of our lives, it wasn't enough but I remain intensely proud of it.

What I'm saying is that the same set of players can both wobble under a bit of pressure and at the same time find a way to embrace it, despite fatigue, despite the opposition. Having a crowd would probably have lifted the players yesterday. It's not an excuse, but it will be contributory. Don't write them off as bottlers. I don't see bottlers in that team. I see a bunch of players, much like my team back in the day. Tired, anxious to get the job done and just not quite the right intensity. Hopefully yesterday will have galvanised them and they can use it to come back strong and perform to their best next week.

Get the negative out of your system and get the positivity and belief going. The players will feel the vibe on social media and the best we as fans can do is draw a line under yesterday and get those positive vibes out there. If it does go to shit next week then the recriminations can begin after we've won the playoffs :wink:
This.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun May 02, 2021 11:28 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:

You claimed you have "no faith" in our ability to get a result this coming Saturday. That sounds quite like giving up.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun May 02, 2021 11:36 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 10:51 am

Every club has its share of bellends, but our share seems to be quite large.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 02, 2021 11:39 am

Prufrock wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 11:04 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:32 am
Prufrock wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 2:03 am
Well that was a fun read. I know I know emotions run high, we're all on the same team. But for all the "bollocks" started, you can't argue with the facts Worthy posted. Much like the Parky League 1 season, it's been a season of basically 2 teams. I don't think you can much fault the current lot. We were 20th in Feb. I'd say we've been the best team in the league since, and I think that's pretty tough to argue with, but we have no divine right to win games, it's a league, it's *designed* to put teams of similar ability together, you can lose any game. I only saw the last hour due to ifollow nonsense but on that showing Exeter deserved to win today. It happens. I hope we're on the side next week, but if not, it's the shit show of the start of the year (and the manager gets fair blame for that as much as he gets credit for the second half).

What I would say in his side is he's a young manager, and he's obviously and clearly to me for better as we've gone on. People want to say if we don't go up we're doomed, I seem to remember the best manager I've seen us have come back from similar. We're in good hands. And the bottle stuff is nonsense too, Salford, Morecambe, there's plenty fight.

But it's got Tranmere play off defeat written all over it.
You can’t have it both ways. If we are the best side in the league second half of the season get to a place where beating either Exeter or Crawley who both sit below us takes us up and don’t - is that not bottling it, blowing it, cracking when it matters? If you argue it isn’t then you’re saying in reality that we’ve been a bit fortunate and aren’t really the best side and this is just that evening itself out at an unfortunate time. But it’s either or. Especially if you then say we will lose in the play offs to sides below us.

I don’t think you can compare Sam Allardyce taking us from 19th to the championship play offs to be robbed by a Mr Knight to the possibility we fail to beat Exeter and Crawley to go up then also lose in the play offs. It’s no use for me saying ‘ah but what if first half we had a better team’. We’ve got here and it’s about doing the job in hand and not making excuses. There is absolutely no reason on earth we shouldn’t and IF we don’t surely there are things to pick over?
No I'm not, I'm saying that in a league campaign even the best side can lose games. Otherwise one team would get 46 wins every season. In February we were 20th and something like 16 points off the top three, now we're -1 off. If we don't make it, we'll only have made up 15 points not 17. That's still spectacular. If we don't go up the reason is the shitshow up to Feb. It's Jamie Mascoll, Billy Crellin, Harry Brockbankn at LWB. This lot would still have been the best team in the league (or 2nd I'm not sure on the PPG since Jan), just not by enough to make up for the half season with a team who were very much not the best team.

As for the pressure stuff, sure it's tough, it may well have played a part. It's not like they didn't try. Someone posted a link to the 3-0 Peterborough win, but as someone else pointed out that side also had a proper wobble in the run in. They got themselves into a position where they were allowed an off day, and in a league you can lose games. But by your logic there's no point turning up next week, there will be even more pressure so we'll definitely lose. X+y=z. Might as well rest everyone with a knock for the play offs.

I'd still rather be us then Morecambe, and I'd back us to turn up next week and be better than yesterday. I think that would probably be enough. It might not be. Or we might not turn up and still fluke a win. That's how it goes.
You speculate this team would have gone up if it had the full season. But like I say it put itself into a very strong position to go up with three chances. IF it blows those how do you know over a full season it wouldn’t have done similar?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 02, 2021 11:58 am

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 11:36 am

On the day we played Liverpool in the Rola Cola Trophy Final, me and my mate stood on the bridge over Wembley Way watching the crowds beneath making their way to the stadium when it became apparent to us that we actually have more Bellends than even Liverpool do 😳
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun May 02, 2021 12:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 11:58 am
nicholaldo wrote:

On the day we played Liverpool in the Rola Cola Trophy Final, me and my mate stood on the bridge over Wembley Way watching the crowds beneath making their way to the stadium when it became apparent to us that we actually have more Bellends than even Liverpool do 😳
Feck me, I didn't think that possible :shock:

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sun May 02, 2021 12:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 11:39 am
Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Well that was a fun read. I know I know emotions run high, we're all on the same team. But for all the "bollocks" started, you can't argue with the facts Worthy posted. Much like the Parky League 1 season, it's been a season of basically 2 teams. I don't think you can much fault the current lot. We were 20th in Feb. I'd say we've been the best team in the league since, and I think that's pretty tough to argue with, but we have no divine right to win games, it's a league, it's *designed* to put teams of similar ability together, you can lose any game. I only saw the last hour due to ifollow nonsense but on that showing Exeter deserved to win today. It happens. I hope we're on the side next week, but if not, it's the shit show of the start of the year (and the manager gets fair blame for that as much as he gets credit for the second half).

What I would say in his side is he's a young manager, and he's obviously and clearly to me for better as we've gone on. People want to say if we don't go up we're doomed, I seem to remember the best manager I've seen us have come back from similar. We're in good hands. And the bottle stuff is nonsense too, Salford, Morecambe, there's plenty fight.

You can’t have it both ways. If we are the best side in the league second half of the season get to a place where beating either Exeter or Crawley who both sit below us takes us up and don’t - is that not bottling it, blowing it, cracking when it matters? If you argue it isn’t then you’re saying in reality that we’ve been a bit fortunate and aren’t really the best side and this is just that evening itself out at an unfortunate time. But it’s either or. Especially if you then say we will lose in the play offs to sides below us.

I don’t think you can compare Sam Allardyce taking us from 19th to the championship play offs to be robbed by a Mr Knight to the possibility we fail to beat Exeter and Crawley to go up then also lose in the play offs. It’s no use for me saying ‘ah but what if first half we had a better team’. We’ve got here and it’s about doing the job in hand and not making excuses. There is absolutely no reason on earth we shouldn’t and IF we don’t surely there are things to pick over?
No I'm not, I'm saying that in a league campaign even the best side can lose games. Otherwise one team would get 46 wins every season. In February we were 20th and something like 16 points off the top three, now we're -1 off. If we don't make it, we'll only have made up 15 points not 17. That's still spectacular. If we don't go up the reason is the shitshow up to Feb. It's Jamie Mascoll, Billy Crellin, Harry Brockbankn at LWB. This lot would still have been the best team in the league (or 2nd I'm not sure on the PPG since Jan), just not by enough to make up for the half season with a team who were very much not the best team.

As for the pressure stuff, sure it's tough, it may well have played a part. It's not like they didn't try. Someone posted a link to the 3-0 Peterborough win, but as someone else pointed out that side also had a proper wobble in the run in. They got themselves into a position where they were allowed an off day, and in a league you can lose games. But by your logic there's no point turning up next week, there will be even more pressure so we'll definitely lose. X+y=z. Might as well rest everyone with a knock for the play offs.

I'd still rather be us then Morecambe, and I'd back us to turn up next week and be better than yesterday. I think that would probably be enough. It might not be. Or we might not turn up and still fluke a win. That's how it goes.
You speculate this team would have gone up if it had the full season. But like I say it put itself into a very strong position to go up with three chances. IF it blows those how do you know over a full season it wouldn’t have done similar?
are you for real? Think even you must begrudgingly admit that we might have picked up just the one additional win needed to be up if we’d played with the same team at the same intensity over the missing third of a season?!??!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 02, 2021 12:50 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:37 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 11:39 am
Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

are you for real? Think even you must begrudgingly admit that we might have picked up just the one additional win needed to be up if we’d played with the same team at the same intensity over the missing third of a season?!??!
The conditions would be different. The situation different. Perhaps we’d never have had such a good run.

Should we stay down next season no doubt if we are struggling there will be a load more excuses. Evatt himself has said we shouldn’t be down here. I’m not bothered how we play, what we do, the thing that matters is having the big P by your name at the end of the season. There is still a massive chance next week. If we are up for it and perform there is no reason we won’t do it. If we don’t we can only blame ourselves and that failings need to be addressed at that point.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 02, 2021 1:03 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:04 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 11:58 am
nicholaldo wrote:

Feck me, I didn't think that possible :shock:
Nor did we. However, when it comes to embarrassing both the town and the club, few are up to the task quite like the Boltonian bellend.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sun May 02, 2021 6:20 pm

Had we have said back in January we'd be in the play offs we'd have snatched their hand off. Now because we could have blown automatic promotion I'm not complaining just frustrated at not doing so.
It has been our inability to kill teams off when we've dominated possession and not being able to score more than one goal per game. This is where I do worry.
Now we go to creepy Crawley and need to win.
Should we end up in the play offs I fear the inability to score goals will be our downfall.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 02, 2021 7:04 pm

Calm is returning and in the cold light of day one of the problems that jumps out to me is much of our possession is not controlled possession. When we dominate the ball we aren’t able to play the game at our pace. And I suspect that reflects a midfield that is perhaps not too suited to how we play. So when we are defending a lead such as the second half yesterday we aren’t able to take the sting out of the opposition with some control on the ball and I suspect this is why we tire more than our opponents. We have to work hard for possession and turn overs yet our opponents often just need to wait for the attack to fizzle out. We suffered so many turnovers second half yesterday and that sort of game really doesn’t suit us at all.

Also it is apparent that our centre halves struggled in the air yesterday especially and when they struggle it hampers our ability to press so effectively given the opposition have easy outs.

Tactically there are certain sorts of sides who play direct and have mobility in their front line and midfield where I’d say we’ve consistently struggled against. When a side tries to match up we look far better.

Bypass midfield and take out the press and IF your striker can battle with Santos and Baptiste and then play from there you are in business especially if you can get in behind our full backs. The weakness against such sides go right back and isn’t just the current group of players. We saw Grimsby but earlier in the season Port Vale. Exeter first half seemingly tried to play a bit and it suited us far more as whilst they were sharp we dominated the ball.

Second half they bypassed midfield more and you saw our legs tied visibly. You also saw us in possession look shaky.

Given we’ve got the players we’ve got I agree there isn’t a huge tactical shift possible. With Lee out next week it’s going to be interesting to see how we do line up. Thomason for me looked out of his depth. Do we play Delf in the attacking mid role and stick Sarce deeper? Or even Miller? I’d say next week the more goal scorers on that pitch for us the better. I rather suspect that our best chance is two first half goals. Settle the nerves then slow the game a bit and do a professional job. I’m not sure we want to be leaving it to the last 20 minutes and hoping subs make an impact as we saw the problems we have doing that yesterday. What I do think is we need to somehow have Doyle in the box more often because often he’s not in there as he’s drifted out wide to join in the build up. But that means there isn’t a target for a cross. We also need to work on what the full backs do with the ball around the box. If they are crossing it we need more options in there or if they are pulling it back make sure we have the numbers there and that they pull the trigger. Our full backs generally have the space in this system but I think too often we don’t really know how to use it.

Crawley were down three times in their game Saturday and came back each time to draw 3-3. So goals will almost certainly be important. 1-0 is tougher under the pressure.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun May 02, 2021 8:04 pm

24 hours on and the only thing that is annoying me is those absolute feck* “fans”. The type who were calling others out for not going to the ground yesterday. They didn’t deserve to celebrate anything so there’s some karma there maybe. That MEN story is ridiculous. Hope they stay away next week. Wankers.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 02, 2021 9:55 pm

I just went back through the results to look at big an issue "not killing teams off" has been since this run started at the start of Feb and oh boy have we won some games, and if you don't think this team together from August would've gone up I really don't think I have anything to say to you. Fair enough, but you're watching a different game in another solar system to me.

Anyway. Morecambe at home, fine but dodgy red card for Madison. Bradford away, broadly fine depending on what you mean by kill off, we didn't score until the 82nd minute. Then you're on Saturday when I don't think we played well enough from what I saw to say we didn't kill them off, though we arguably had chances. It's not a huge amount. And my counter argument would be, as it has been, the possession based stuff is as much of a defensive killer as it is attacking. If they don't have it, they can't score, and we've had so many clean sheets since the change.

Where I do agree I think with BWFCi is the midfield balance. Sarc has one of the worst first touches I've ever seen but he's so important to us. I don't think it's a surprise that it went from 50-50 to in their favour when he went off on sat (I get why). The run changes from incredible to just good when he got injured. Lee I think is pound for pound one of our best players, but he's never a number 10 in a million years, he did pretty well there because he's a class footballer, but it did not suit him and we saw that in big moments.

I really haven't bought the Thomason hype train but I'd play him or Tutte on sat if Lee is out. I would not be playing Sarc anywhere other than at 10. We have noone else who can play there.

Depending on my mood think this has either got Tranmere play off final loss, or last minute Santos winner next week written all over it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun May 02, 2021 9:59 pm

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2021/may/club-statement/

There you go. If it’s play offs it may be an empty ground. Thanks, dickheads.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun May 02, 2021 10:04 pm

Think MJ booking was a killer yesterday as well. Seemed to shackle him. With hindsight Tutte might have been a better shout than Thomason as sub.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 02, 2021 10:17 pm

As someone living in this that London who hasn't seen his mum since Jan 3 2020 because I missed the two week window in the summer it was legal to travel I wish the thick c*nts would stop acting like Covid double agents and fecking behave.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 02, 2021 10:53 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:55 pm
I just went back through the results to look at big an issue "not killing teams off" has been since this run started at the start of Feb and oh boy have we won some games, and if you don't think this team together from August would've gone up I really don't think I have anything to say to you. Fair enough, but you're watching a different game in another solar system to me.

Anyway. Morecambe at home, fine but dodgy red card for Madison. Bradford away, broadly fine depending on what you mean by kill off, we didn't score until the 82nd minute. Then you're on Saturday when I don't think we played well enough from what I saw to say we didn't kill them off, though we arguably had chances. It's not a huge amount. And my counter argument would be, as it has been, the possession based stuff is as much of a defensive killer as it is attacking. If they don't have it, they can't score, and we've had so many clean sheets since the change.

Where I do agree I think with BWFCi is the midfield balance. Sarc has one of the worst first touches I've ever seen but he's so important to us. I don't think it's a surprise that it went from 50-50 to in their favour when he went off on sat (I get why). The run changes from incredible to just good when he got injured. Lee I think is pound for pound one of our best players, but he's never a number 10 in a million years, he did pretty well there because he's a class footballer, but it did not suit him and we saw that in big moments.

I really haven't bought the Thomason hype train but I'd play him or Tutte on sat if Lee is out. I would not be playing Sarc anywhere other than at 10. We have noone else who can play there.

Depending on my mood think this has either got Tranmere play off final loss, or last minute Santos winner next week written all over it.
I’d say it’s a lack of goals throughout the side. Parkys team was hardly prolific but scored 68 that season whereas to date we have 55. The team bar Doyle and arguably sarcevic is made up of players who more often that not fail to score goals right from your front three widemen to midfield to your centre halves.

That puts huge pressure on in games like Exeter. We didn’t play well second half but you can score goals when not playing well sometimes yet we can play well and not score the goals we ‘deserve’. And I guess mentally if you struggle throughout for goals it puts huge pressure on defenders especially as the season comes to a close.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 02, 2021 10:57 pm

Yeah I don't disagree. I don't think the plan is to win 1-0 and lots of those narrow wins, we had the chances to be out of sight. My view on "look" (and I accept the numbers aren't there yet) is that Dapo is good enough to play higher. The rest are fine at this level but IMO no more. I think it's the part of the side that is most obviously improveable.