The future is hidden from all men and great events hang on small chances: Exeter (H) Sat 1/5/21 @ 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The future is hidden from all men and great events hang on small chances: Exeter (H) Sat 1/5/21 @ 3pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 01, 2021 5:11 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:06 pm
Blimey, some of them were quicker than I expected. Funny how absent they were last weekend.

I will say this before I exile myself. When their goalie came up and Doyler immediately went up front, I got a bad feeling: not only did they have another body in the box, we now had one fewer. We just looked outnumbered in there.

Oh well. Still in our hands, because this bunch of bottlers won at Morecambe.
You must see the pattern though. Do the hard work then blow it all Grimsby, today, Colchester and Newport. Games we should have won. We didn’t even need to win all of them. Just one. Having won the tough ones like Cambridge, Salford and Morecambe. We then proceed to throw it away.

Losing or drawing today didn’t make much difference I guess. Morecambe surpass us with a draw if we lose. But Morecambe will win next weekend it’s completely on us and our bottle. If we don’t do this then the ramifications and recriminations will last all summer. Bottling these positions is not acceptable.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The future is hidden from all men and great events hang on small chances: Exeter (H) Sat 1/5/21 @ 3pm

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 01, 2021 5:12 pm

That was, without a hint of hyperbole, the worst defending from a free kick that I've seen in my entire life. Had Evatt paid due respect to the value of set pieces, both attacking and defending, then we'd have walked this league long since.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 01, 2021 5:14 pm

Good news is....we’ve never beaten Crawley before. Huzzah.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat May 01, 2021 5:15 pm

We've played shite for months since Cambridge at home and are very lucky to be 3rd - we are ponderous, slow and can't fight. We only ever score one.

We are just soft and timid as a team with players who don't or can't compete & fight, for what its worth I though that our big players went missing again today, Doyle yet again needs 10 chances to score a goal. A decent promotion chasing side after scoring 1st should have gone on to win that 2 or 3-0.

Fcuking pathetic that Bolton.
Last edited by Bertie Wooster on Sat May 01, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 01, 2021 5:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:12 pm
That was, without a hint of hyperbole, the worst defending from a free kick that I've seen in my entire life. Had Evatt paid due respect to the value of set pieces, both attacking and defending, then we'd have walked this league long since.
Our attacking set pieces are nowt short of disgraceful. A sackable offence by themselves.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat May 01, 2021 5:15 pm

Wonder if Doyle got the call from Evatt - he moved out of shot at some knots -and if so, well...

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat May 01, 2021 5:16 pm

Really pissed off with those soft as shit pathetic players today - if you don't want it then just fcuk off.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat May 01, 2021 5:18 pm

Lack of attacking intent summed up by Delf getting the ball on the penalty spot and squaring it!!

Ah well, could be worse. I could have been outside the ground!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat May 01, 2021 5:19 pm

Lost my connection then came back to this :cry: Ah well, we just need the 3 pts at Crawley next week then.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat May 01, 2021 5:20 pm

Where the fcuk was the motivation, passion & desire to get us over the line.

Bottlers again as at Grimsby, we have a team of pussies.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat May 01, 2021 5:28 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:19 pm
Lost my connection then came back to this :cry: Ah well, we just need the 3 pts at Crawley next week then.
Or just match Morcambe's result.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat May 01, 2021 5:29 pm

I know we're all pissed off but can we stop slinging mud at each other please.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat May 01, 2021 5:32 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:20 pm

C'mon mate. We're all disappointed with the result and the performance but it was this lot that got us here, let's trust them to get us over the line. Some poor play and decisions today but bottlers they are not.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 01, 2021 5:34 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:32 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:20 pm

C'mon mate. We're all disappointed with the result and the performance but it was this lot that got us here, let's trust them to get us over the line. Some poor play and decisions today but bottlers they are not.
Bottlers are teams that get into these positions but never across the line. Derby for a number of years. It’s to be determined.

McD
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by McD » Sat May 01, 2021 5:41 pm

Another example of Mr Evatt's mantra "Possession, Possession, Possession" - To keep possession, its okay to go backwards even if your are on the oppositions penalty area, why? Because Mr Evans says so!
What exactly was the strategy? What were the tactics?
All his substitutions made no difference whatsoever
Headless chickens given no direction from a manager who is clearly out of his depth.
I believe we have some of the best players in this league, but if they are not coached and managed, they will play as individuals and not as a team. they will try to do what they think will please the manager = possession, possession, possession - Which is why very few take it upon themselves to shoot on sight, they are not being encouraged to take responsibility - that is another managerial fault.
It is clear what Evatt will say in post match comments "we had superior possession" + "we should have put the game to bed" + "we had plenty of opportunities" - In other words "this is not my fault, it is the players" What he will not say is "I may watch other teams to work out how best to play against them but I really do not know how to set a team up to do this" - If he does, then he is certainly not very good at articulating or explaining this to the team
He should go
I really want us to win next weekend, but he should still go
We have been very, very lucky to be in the position we are, winning games where we have been 2nd best on many, many occasions. If we get promoted and he still remains, please be prepared for the same bullsh*t and listen to his interviews carefully - ALL of them give the impression he is hard done by and the results is certainly not his fault, because It never is!
Been a Bolton fan all my life (63 years) and will remain so
COYWM

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 01, 2021 5:44 pm

Not sure possession was the issue today. As ever our final ball was shocking. But Exeter had more of the ball. And if we’d been able to slow the game down and keep the ball it would have been different. We had no control and only had two on target to Exeter’s 5. Our end product is the major issue however you cut it. The front 3 for me are not good enough for the style of play we aspire to. Dapo in 36 games at this level has 1 goal and 2 assists to his name. You are carrying a player who is useless on front of goal.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat May 01, 2021 5:48 pm

McD wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:41 pm
He should go
:shock:

We were relegated as a complete basket case. Most of us thought we'd get in the top half at best. Southend, who came down with us, are ample evidence of where we could have been.

Absolutely gutted but let's keep some perspective eh?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat May 01, 2021 5:50 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:48 pm
McD wrote:
He should go

We were relegated as a complete basket case. Most of us thought we'd get in the top half at best. Southend, who came down with us, are ample evidence of where we could have been.

Haha. Loving the absurdity of calls for him to go. Gotta be a piss take surely. How many managers have gone on to win this many games since Christmas and be on the brink of promotion after being 19th.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 01, 2021 5:51 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:48 pm
McD wrote:
He should go

I think if we don’t go up this season Evatt will be gone vg Christmas personally. I’ve seen it before. Hard to recover from these things. Hopefully won’t come to that.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 01, 2021 5:57 pm

fecking hell take a step away from the keyboards... players were not brave enough today that’s it. Draw was worth nowt today so I got what we did at the end.