Crawl over the finish line (please!) sat 8/5 @3pm on the Sky box

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Crawl over the finish line (please!) sat 8/5 @3pm on the Sky box

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun May 09, 2021 1:36 am

His first name is Ian, Ian, Ian
His second name is Evatt, Evatt, Evatt
And that’s the way we like it, like it, like it
In fact we f**kin love it, love it, love it
OH OH OH OH OH!

Safe to say the gaffer’s met the fans now...

I love my club.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 09, 2021 2:33 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:25 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:14 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:06 pm
I think the ball for the third was MJ...but ima few in now.
Just got lost in Twitter vids, obviously there were fans there. The players come out to celebrate with them, and Sharon (what a wonderful woman) hugging, kissing...Baps even shares his pizza with the fans!

feck me we’ve had some shit in the 10’s but this is the decade lads, the new 90’s. We’re Bolton Wanderers we are on our way back.
It was definitely MJ, remember thinking at the time that it was a perfect pass. What a signing hes been that lad. Unsung hero. Or at least undersung.
Aye. Probably for me Gilks, Santos, Baptiste and MJ are our best players this season. Obviously Doyle for goals and running. But the 4 mentioned have been so consistent during the run and the platform on which it’s all built. Our front 4 hasn’t always fired really but did today. But we had a base from January that basically turned our fortunes round.
I'd add Lee and definitely Sarc
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun May 09, 2021 7:44 am

MORNING, ALL!
Sorry if that was too loud.
Perhaps this is better?
:twisted:

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sun May 09, 2021 7:59 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:36 am
His first name is Ian, Ian, Ian
His second name is Evatt, Evatt, Evatt
And that’s the way we like it, like it, like it
In fact we f**kin love it, love it, love it
OH OH OH OH OH!

Safe to say the gaffer’s met the fans now...

I love my club.
Still buzzing - what.a.clip.
If a definition of 'absolute scenes' was ever required, here it is.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sun May 09, 2021 9:00 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:36 pm
Bertie Wooster/ Peter Thompson not joining the celebrations? Couldn't shut the c*nt up last week. 🤣💦🍆 (_!_)
Is there any need really ?

I've not posted as I've not stopped celebrating and went to bed a few hours ago pissed. I'm absolutely made up, I thought everyone played well yesterday, it was a very good performance and for once they made it easy and I'm proud as hell this morning - looking at all the videos on twitter, fans, players etc.

I bought my ST the minute for next season the minute they came out, just because sometimes I'm critical doesn't make me less of a fan than you - but crack on if it makes you feel better.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun May 09, 2021 9:12 am

There’s some fantastic clips from last night. Still think my fave is our Sharon hugging the fans.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun May 09, 2021 9:30 am

Unfortunately I was travelling yesterday and figured I could just get the commentary on Bolton FM radio online... But no, they don't have the license for it unless you're listening locally. So my wife was reading out highlights from the BBC live text on the journey.

What an amazing performance. Looking forward to catching up on the goals!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :pissed: :pissed:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun May 09, 2021 9:46 am

Jesus that’s rough HMX lad. Should be worth some serious bedtime favours now mind !

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun May 09, 2021 9:52 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:46 am
Jesus that’s rough HMX lad. Should be worth some serious bedtime favours now mind !
To be fair, it's a long weekend away so I can't reaaaallly complain. When booking I either didn't check the date properly or thought our fate – whichever way it went – would be sealed before Crawley away.

First match I've missed but I can stay away more next season if this is the result... 🍾🍾🍾

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun May 09, 2021 11:09 am

Some great videos coming out.

Loving seeing the players storming the fans at Crawley by running out the gates and the Evatt give us a song outside the Macron.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 09, 2021 11:11 am

My poor head.

Can certainly see why Sarc won motm, he was excellent, I'd have gone Dapo myself who was tremendous throughout, and finally got his goal. Isgrove had his best game in a white shirt. Thomason and MJ, all of them tbf.

Showed some bottle :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 09, 2021 11:36 am

Prufrock wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:11 am
My poor head.

Can certainly see why Sarc won motm, he was excellent, I'd have gone Dapo myself who was tremendous throughout, and finally got his goal. Isgrove had his best game in a white shirt. Thomason and MJ, all of them tbf.

It was Dapo’s best game for us by a mile. Finally converted his potential into some output. Still don’t think it was anything but Sarce’s who clearly fitter than last weekend made the difference. For me he’s our ‘best’ player generally. Anyway doesn’t matter every single player had a great game and did their jobs. It’s nice that the standouts weren’t the back 4 though for a change.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sun May 09, 2021 11:36 am

Prufrock wrote:
My poor head.

They showed a lot of bottle & character, which I had doubted, but that was the performance that we have all been looking forward to. They all played really well & were dominant all game, looked a really good team and the goals were all good goals.

They stood up when it was needed, so yes I was wrong to doubt there bottle. I'm absolutely buzzing as I was yesterday, proud of them all yesterday.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 09, 2021 11:38 am

Prufrock wrote:
My poor head.

I've been trying to work out the "bottle scale" for a while now. It really needs formal articulation, so we're all coming from the same place.

1) Lose a game against a team from the same league = no bottle
2) Win a game 1-0 against a team from the same league but huff and puff a bit when you should be walking it = nowhere near enough bottle
3) Win one half comfortably, but have to defend in numbers for the other half against a team from the same league = Unfit amount of bottle
4) Go on the Division's longest not losing run, then lose one = Only got bottle when games don't count.
5) Lose a couple more, despite accumulating more points than anyone else since the last transfer window = see 1)
6) Lose a game against a team below you in the League = all the other results we've had don't matter, this is what I've been telling you about bottle
7) Go on a winning run = But we've played no one bottle
8 ) Play a match that's must win but as always you could lose = hedge your bets, I'm supremely confident, bottle
9) Win 4-1 and get promoted = shitloads of bottle

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 09, 2021 11:43 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:38 am
Prufrock wrote:
My poor head.

I've been trying to work out the "bottle scale" for a while now. It really needs formal articulation, so we're all coming from the same place.

1) Lose a game against a team from the same league = no bottle
2) Win a game 1-0 against a team from the same league but huff and puff a bit when you should be walking it = nowhere near enough bottle
3) Win one half comfortably, but have to defend in numbers for the other half against a team from the same league = Unfit amount of bottle
4) Go on the Division's longest not losing run, then lose one = Only got bottle when games don't count.
5) Lose a couple more, despite accumulating more points than anyone else since the last transfer window = see 1)
6) Lose a game against a team below you in the League = all the other results we've had don't matter, this is what I've been telling you about bottle
7) Go on a winning run = But we've played no one bottle
8 ) Play a match that's must win but as always you could lose = hedge your bets, I'm supremely confident, bottle
9) Win 4-1 and get promoted = shitloads of bottle
Whatever you call it the difference in approach and intensity yesterday was marked from the week before. Yesterday we had 23 shots and 11 on target. And we were incredibly focussed and determined as all the players and manager have said. Given the quality that performance was surely in us a few times previously. It’s possible we go to Crawley have 20 odd shots and still lose but the way we played and the intensity of our play meant we stacked the odds heavily in our favour. Intensity another word you probably don’t like but one IE mentioned post game.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 09, 2021 11:45 am

^^ Crawley at home. 24 shots, 7 on target. Result 0-1.

Just enjoy the moment and have a bit of fun!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun May 09, 2021 11:58 am

I'm still on an absolute high from yesterday and some of the videos doing the rounds have been fantastic.

Yesterday was particularly emotional and special for me. One or two on here know about my brother in law. Lovely lad in his mid 50s and a big Wanderers fan. A fit bloke, triathlete, iron man, veggie etc who got covid early last year. He struggled to recover and get back to proper training and then out of the blue in November, was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

He's got very little time left now and really, football and Bolton Wanderers shouldn't matter but they do. Thankfully, he was able to watch the game in bed yesterday with his lads, who are both keen fans too, at the side of him and he managed a sip of champagne as we won.

Obviously,it's an awful situation and footy shouldn't really be relevant but if, as seems likely, that's the last match he ever sees, I'm so pleased he's seen us not only get promoted but he's seen the celebrations and the togetherness of the club, the fans and the community.

Thats thanks to Sharon, Ian and everyone at my club. I couldn't be prouder of them.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 09, 2021 12:08 pm

This is the first time since about 2013, that I've felt the Club is heading in the right direction. Happy Wanderer today. Whilst we'd gone down, we narrowly missed out on the Championship Playoffs. From there, everything has been pretty much backwards. Yes there was a promotion and yes there was a last day survival which were both great at the time and I'm not criticizing the achievements of Parky, but underpinning both, we had Anderson running the books, so they both felt more like temporary reprieve than Club progression. At the back of both those positives was a snake in the grass.

We've got new everything behind the scenes, owners who clearly care, a manager who's got back to back promotions, a different style (as with any other style, it can frustrate as well as gain plaudits), we won't be starting next season with a squad of "no-one."

Today is a pretty good day.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 09, 2021 12:29 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:58 am
I'm still on an absolute high from yesterday and some of the videos doing the rounds have been fantastic.

Yesterday was particularly emotional and special for me. One or two on here know about my brother in law. Lovely lad in his mid 50s and a big Wanderers fan. A fit bloke, triathlete, iron man, veggie etc who got covid early last year. He struggled to recover and get back to proper training and then out of the blue in November, was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

He's got very little time left now and really, football and Bolton Wanderers shouldn't matter but they do. Thankfully, he was able to watch the game in bed yesterday with his lads, who are both keen fans too, at the side of him and he managed a sip of champagne as we won.

Obviously,it's an awful situation and footy shouldn't really be relevant but if, as seems likely, that's the last match he ever sees, I'm so pleased he's seen us not only get promoted but he's seen the celebrations and the togetherness of the club, the fans and the community.

Thats thanks to Sharon, Ian and everyone at my club. I couldn't be prouder of them.
Sorry mate, didn't see this before I posted. Fcuking awful disease, delighted your BiL got to see us go up.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sun May 09, 2021 12:31 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:58 am

That's some post Harry, sorry that I wasn't previously aware, made me quite emotional tbh.

It's a story that deserves wider recognition - can we collectively do something, perhaps in terms of letting the club know?

After 45 years as a fan, this promotion feels incredibly important - where we've been, where we seem to be going. I've never seen scenes like yesterday, forging amazing bonds between the club and community. They are us, we are them. Dunno if it's the league level or what but it's special. Can't wait to get back in the ground, that's some heavy juju...