CLUB BUSINESS/SUNDRIES ETC.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: CLUB BUSINESS/SUNDRIES ETC.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:46 pm

Mar wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:09 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:41 am
https://twitter.com/officialbwfc/status ... 41603?s=21

Hart appointment confirmed. Seems to have a great CV. Probably an outstanding one for the job we have in league one. Feels very much like a solid appointment for a crucial business side role.
Seems like a signing very much intending on paving the way for bigger things.

I sort of get the impression that he's been brought in to get us heading in the right direction and incentivise anyone else that's interested in backing the club.
I mean as CEO his job is that, running the business effectively and efficiently. Sounds like a really good fit especially given his past Burnley community success which I’m sure Sharon is majorly keen on.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:43 pm

We are no longer listed as under embargo on the EFL website.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:52 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:43 pm
Came here to say the same thing. Great to see it confirmed in (lack of) writing.

Link here for anyone wondering:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/embargoes

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:26 am

Excellent to have that confirmed. More proof that the club is moving in the right direction behind the scenes.

I still don't think we'll pay a transfer fee until we next sell a player for a considerable sum, but nice to at least have the option.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:54 am

Right, get that dosh spent then. Who can we bid £8 million for?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:09 am

brommers95 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:52 am
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Came here to say the same thing. Great to see it confirmed in (lack of) writing.

Is it possible they don’t list admin embargoes since they’ve never actually clarified in their rules the conditions under which such clubs would be in special measures or not? Wigan had no embargo since they paid their creditors off immediately. Not saying it is I just find it a bit odd that club hasn’t confirmed the creditors have been paid.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:27 pm

BN now reporting that we're out of embargo.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:09 am
brommers95 wrote:
GhostoftheBok wrote:

Is it possible they don’t list admin embargoes since they’ve never actually clarified in their rules the conditions under which such clubs would be in special measures or not? Wigan had no embargo since they paid their creditors off immediately. Not saying it is I just find it a bit odd that club hasn’t confirmed the creditors have been paid.
Possible but I read it as any and all embargoes are listed there.

Marc Iles also seems pretty confident that it’s been lifted as Sonic notes.

82DB9621-8A5C-4917-ADC8-427C3D79DDC9.jpeg
82DB9621-8A5C-4917-ADC8-427C3D79DDC9.jpeg (337.1 KiB) Viewed 1498 times

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:30 am

brommers95 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:22 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
brommers95 wrote:
GhostoftheBok wrote:

I wonder how long we've been out of embargo. Last I remember there was a news broadcast around us being carefully monitored even though we are on the right track. So we may not have been in embargo for quite some time, or the EFL were hiding behind not having to publish a list in order to make a final decision and furthermore we've not had to broadcast it for risk of going in and out of embargo while the mess got sorted out.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:55 am

Mar wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:30 am
brommers95 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:22 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
brommers95 wrote:
GhostoftheBok wrote:

I wonder how long we've been out of embargo. Last I remember there was a news broadcast around us being carefully monitored even though we are on the right track. So we may not have been in embargo for quite some time, or the EFL were hiding behind not having to publish a list in order to make a final decision and furthermore we've not had to broadcast it for risk of going in and out of embargo while the mess got sorted out.
Have we ever been in embargo? Its hard to work out if we were and why given the information presented by the EFL recently and our own accounts.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:21 pm

BN interview with new CEO Neil Hart after his first week in-post: "I wouldn’t say there are one or two things in my inbox, it is more like 100 things."

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ek-unlike/

Plus confirmation that finance chief Scott Lindsay has stood down:
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... left-club/

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:38 am

Now all the FV 2020 accounts have been filed, can anyone explain where £10million for intellectual property has come from, why its being amortised over 50 years and who the £8million in the cash flow statement for intellectual property might have been paid to.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:39 am

Content isn't cheap
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:39 pm

Gudnib wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:38 am
Now all the FV 2020 accounts have been filed, can anyone explain where £10million for intellectual property has come from, why its being amortised over 50 years and who the £8million in the cash flow statement for intellectual property might have been paid to.
Guess. Could be wildly wrong. Last Accounts under Anderson we were carrying £40m for the tangible fixed assets of (stadium and freehold land). This set of accounts we're carrying £4m on the pair. As part of the takeover, Fildraw as I understand it left money in which I think wasn't unadjacent to the amounts above and that charge has been satified. I'd be a bit surprised if it wasn't connected to the "Flidraw" deal...

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:59 pm

I'd be surprised if it had anything to do with the Fildraw deal but wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with this.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/corporation ... ant-assets

But it doesn't get us to a £10million valuation or £8million reported as paid in the cash flow statement.

And it doesn't get us to where FV are going to find the money to repay the debts when the whole of the share capital (and more) has already been wiped out.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:01 pm

《Pops head in. Is immediately out of his depth. Fingers crossed that 'it'll be reet'. Leaves thread again》
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:44 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:21 pm
BN interview with new CEO Neil Hart after his first week in-post: "I wouldn’t say there are one or two things in my inbox, it is more like 100 things."

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ek-unlike/

Plus confirmation that finance chief Scott Lindsay has stood down:
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... left-club/
I hope Lindsay didn't leave a Liam Byrne note.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-24173270

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:46 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:01 pm
《Pops head in. Is immediately out of his depth. Fingers crossed that 'it'll be reet'. Leaves thread again》
:D I'll come with you.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:40 pm

Gudnib wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:59 pm
I'd be surprised if it had anything to do with the Fildraw deal but wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with this.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/corporation ... ant-assets

But it doesn't get us to a £10million valuation or £8million reported as paid in the cash flow statement.

And it doesn't get us to where FV are going to find the money to repay the debts when the whole of the share capital (and more) has already been wiped out.
Looked at this a little bit closer. Intangibles in a football club historically were mainly the value of the player registrations (not transfer fee) that have been made - so in previous accounts, they've had a couple of columns like today of goodwill and then player registrations and and agents fees - last Anderson accounts had this number at £15m. If goodwill has remained a constant (so it's not the player registrations or agents fees) then the only thing I could otherwise think it might be is the player registrations, which are recognised as a right to use the player for economic value...but, they used to be amortised over the period of the players contract (so deffo not 50 years) and actually the notes to the accounts say they are still treated this way, over the contract term. Given we had no Accounts for a couple of years and the squad was built from non-transfer-fee based assets (which wouldn't necessarily recognise their economic value to the Club), I wonder whether it's an "accountancy guess" at the economic value of the right to use the squad as it's a nice round number....(that wouldn't explain where the £8m was spent on though). Other than those two guesses - no bloody idea what it might be :-)

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:18 pm

Where should we start, Worthy? The Unibol might sound like toilet disinfectant but its still quite impressive. Well I think it is anyway. According to Sam Allardyce in his book, the Reebok was a £100 million stadium when he arrived in 1999. Now according to FV, its only worth £3million.

And according to Marc Iles when it was first called the Unibol, the building of the Reebok was funded by Gordon Hargreaves. Where he got that idea from heaven only knows. The most Gordon Hargreaves ever put in was c. £50K to help fund the purchase of David Lee from Southampton in 1992.

Maybe we could start by having a good look at what the administrators had to say. That's where I'd start.