CLUB BUSINESS/SUNDRIES ETC.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: CLUB BUSINESS/SUNDRIES ETC.

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:20 pm

On the last point, as far as I know (and I've not looked very far), the ST is the only organisation that's attempting to represent any sort of "fans" view, whether I agree with it or not. Not sure there's much competition in the space or that any other organisation is trying to play in the same space. As such it would hardly be surprising for FV to recognise them above any other organisational structure. Think I'm back to don't really care - doubt they'll have much clout or sway. :-)

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:20 pm
On the last point, as far as I know (and I've not looked very far), the ST is the only organisation that's attempting to represent any sort of "fans" view, whether I agree with it or not. Not sure there's much competition in the space or that any other organisation is trying to play in the same space. As such it would hardly be surprising for FV to recognise them above any other organisational structure. Think I'm back to don't really care - doubt they'll have much clout or sway. :-)
Read all about it here, if you've nowt better to do:

https://www.bwfcst.co.uk/blog/trust-upd ... -statement

Having any sway? I'd doubt that too. Is it just a bit of PR to make it look like they've been listening to the Tracey Crouch Show?
FV do seem to like PR though. They seem to like it a lot.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:22 pm

Gudnib wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:45 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:42 am
The Blumarble loan was widely known and reported by the papers and discussed at length across the internet. To suggest Anderson was or might be unaware is frankly nonsense. Secondly we know Holdsworths contribution came from the BM high interest loan secured against the club and that even when he knew Ken’s only option was to ask ED to pay it. But on purchasing the club what money did KA bring to the table? This is the issue - you got the club for £1 on the basis you serviced the debts. Holdswowrths disastrous plan we know. But Ken clearly had to offer something yet when it came to produce the money never materialised…I guess over his time here we found out that was his MO.
Don't be daft. Of course he knew about the loan but did he know the exact terms of it? Did he know how quickly it had to be repaid. Did he know what plans Holdsworth had to repay it? Did he know whose Holdsworth's supposed partner was. Did he know when he pulled out, allegedly?

He was hardly naive and never likely to rely on Holdsworth's word but If he knew these things, which he may well have done, he would also have known that the whole thing was about to unravel in no time at all and he would have to take control.

As for Anderson putting in money, don't be daft again. Anderson was never going to put any of his money in even if he had the money to start with. He's not stark staring bonkers and that wasn't the deal. The deal was that he would use his expertise to try to save the club and find the new owner ED had found it impossible to do and, of course, profit from the sale.
That wasn’t the deal by the way. Ken promised half the finance. And if you recall at the time when asked about his half of the deal his stock answer was ‘I will supply it as and when it’s necessary’. So he blew through Deans dodgy loan then stuck small amounts of his own cash in always taking it back within 2 months before asking ED to bail the club out knowing ED did not want it to fold.

All that is beyond conjecture and a matter of public record.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:14 am

Don't be daft. Of course he knew about the loan but did he know the exact terms of it? Did he know how quickly it had to be repaid. Did he know what plans Holdsworth had to repay it? Did he know whose Holdsworth's supposed partner was. Did he know when he pulled out, allegedly?

He was hardly naive and never likely to rely on Holdsworth's word but If he knew these things, which he may well have done, he would also have known that the whole thing was about to unravel in no time at all and he would have to take control.

As for Anderson putting in money, don't be daft again. Anderson was never going to put any of his money in even if he had the money to start with. He's not stark staring bonkers and that wasn't the deal. The deal was that he would use his expertise to try to save the club and find the new owner ED had found it impossible to do and, of course, profit from the sale.
[/quote]

That wasn’t the deal by the way. Ken promised half the finance. And if you recall at the time when asked about his half of the deal his stock answer was ‘I will supply it as and when it’s necessary’. So he blew through Deans dodgy loan then stuck small amounts of his own cash in always taking it back within 2 months before asking ED to bail the club out knowing ED did not want it to fold.

All that is beyond conjecture and a matter of public record.
[/quote]

Ken promised half the finance, did he?
We've got a long way to go before we make a Hetty Wainthropp of you, haven't we?