Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

brommers95
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Post by brommers95 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:53 am

The_Gun wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:18 am
brommers95 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:00 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:21 pm
Gwan our Brommers - some interesting free agents we might consider.

https://bwfcanalysis.wordpress.com/2021 ... -signings/
:oyea:

Still some decent players out there - I guess that’s normally for a reason though...$$$.

I’m happy with the squad as it is and hopefully Baka and Amaechi are back before long, but if the right deal can be done there’s little harm in bringing another body in.

For example, I can’t help shake the feeling that having someone like Biamou would have been the exactly the sort of physical presence to help guide at least one of our 40 crosses into the Burton net.
Cracking work as ever, Brommers lad.

I note that Chris Markham follows you on Twitter, so surely it's only a matter of time before you're doing this in a professional capacity. 8)
Cheers :D

I applied for the recruitment analyst role that was advertised by the club a couple of months ago and had an interview with Chris. I didn't get the role but it was fascinating to chat with him and gain an insight behind the scenes.

The impression I left with is that the club is light years ahead of where it was in recent years, and is really pushing to be as innovative and forward thinking as possible (for example developing an app to track player fitness and performance levels https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... d-21188988)

It's definitely an exciting time to be a supporter of the club at this moment in time.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:36 am

Definitely still players out there. Donny signing Joseph Olowu, a centre-back released this summer by Arsenal, who then had a trial (and played at least one U23 pre-season game) at Yoonited. He’s a 1999 birth so he counts towards the total. If we are to thrive by picking up players funnelled out higher up the hierarchy, then it can’t hurt to have spaces.