Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:02 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:52 am
Certainly a bolt out of the blue but Stockport are chucking a lot of money at trying to get back to the football league and have recent form for this sort of signing. County paid fees for Fleetwood’s Paddy Madden in March and Barrow’s Scott Quigley in July to bolster their attacking lineup. The fee involved for Madden was rumoured to be £250k and it’s not hard to imagine Quigley’s fee being similar.

Sarcevic is out of contract at the end of the season and turns 30 in March. As much as he’s been a key performer for us this year, I’m not sure he’s the type of player you build a promotion winning side around. Having said that it does seem a bit of gamble to sell him considering how poor we look without him.

Is it a case of short term pain for long term gain if we can reinvest some of the transfer fee in a younger prospect?
Sorry none of that makes sense. None. Firstly we had probably only one maybe 2 players you'd want to build a promotion team around.

Sarce is better than other options and by some distance. He's probably in any right minded person's view 3rd or 4th name on the team sheet. So we're sending our captain and easily one of our better players on loan to non-league in October just as we've started to struggle and seen that Sheehan is a complete luxury and passenger and absolutely not someone to be played in first team games?

Even if the decision was longer term we need to improve on Sarce you do that in a window when you can actually recruit. Midfield is an area just about everyone has identified us as being very light in viable options for. And its the area we've all just sat and said - yeah lot of problems there. MJ and Lee and Sarce - after that we don't have league one quality. Its as simple as that.

So there is absolutely no logic to this. We could do it in January. That'd make sense. But this is bonkers. The crowd are already becoming a bit fed up and if we have a dreadful run till Christmas it'll be sparse and toxic beyond belief. So for FV to chuck away any goodwill they have built up and weaken us when we are already vulnerable would to me be Ken Anderson levels of nonsense.

January is a few months away and he can be replaced. Do it then if that's the call.

EDIT: Daily Mail reporting this is due to a major spat this week between Evatt and Sarce. Well sorry IE but you're losing the plot here.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:10 pm

I’m sure Evatt and Markham aren’t just doing this for a laugh (if true), they’ll obviously have their reasons for it. Granted, it does seem like a gamble and doesn’t fill me with joy but they’ve got a lot right so far. Trust the process I suppose :conf:

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:17 pm

According to the Daily Mail they have had a big fall out !!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ounty.html
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:18 pm

Well that first round FA Cup tie is looking a bit tastier... :(
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:21 pm

WHAT THE feck!?

This does not sound good at all. If he's leaving because of a fall out with the manager it must have been a pretty serious one, and that wouldn't reflect well on the professionalism of Evatt.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:29 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:21 pm
WHAT THE feck!?

This does not sound good at all. If he's leaving because of a fall out with the manager it must have been a pretty serious one, and that wouldn't reflect well on the professionalism of Evatt.
Doesn't reflect well on the professionalism of Sarce, either – if it's true. Any mardy get can leave as far as I'm concerned.

One alternative is: Captain has right go at manager in front of players. Manager backs down. Players think manager's lost it. Players get even worse. No thanks.

Not that I'm saying What Would Rioch Do but it's worth remembering that when there was, by some accounts, "trouble" between Rioch and Steve Fulton - at the time, one of our biggest signings, though forgotten now - Rioch slung him out as soon as possible. When Tony Kelly failed to lose weight, the gaffer fired him. Sometimes, you have to make decisions.

I hope it's all bollocks, but if he goes, he goes. This club owes Evatt more than any of his players, and it's almost always true that the club has to stand behind its manager rather than any one player. In the end, they all leave. We don't. Not till we die.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:30 pm

What the actual?

Got to have been more than an ‘argument’…but feck me we were already light.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:32 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:29 pm
The_Gun wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:21 pm
WHAT THE feck!?

Doesn't reflect well on the professionalism of Sarce, either – if it's true. Any mardy get can leave as far as I'm concerned.

One alternative is: Captain has right go at manager in front of players. Manager backs down. Players think manager's lost it. Players get even worse. No thanks.

Not that I'm saying What Would Rioch Do but it's worth remembering that when there was, by some accounts, "trouble" between Rioch and Steve Fulton - at the time, one of our biggest signings, though forgotten now - Rioch slung him out as soon as possible. When Tony Kelly failed to lose weight, the gaffer fired him. Sometimes, you have to make decisions.

I hope it's all bollocks, but if he goes, he goes. This club owes Evatt more than any of his players, and it's almost always true that the club has to stand behind its manager rather than any one player. In the end, they all leave. We don't. Not till we die.
Worked well in the past absolutely. Didn't look back when Coyle fell out with Muamba. Or Dougie fell out with SKD.

Sorry but there has to have been something absolutely biblical gone down here to go from captain to 'out the door' in three days. Its not a good look.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:32 pm
Worked well in the past absolutely. Didn't look back when Coyle fell out with Muamba. Or Dougie fell out with SKD.
Fair enough. Set up a Stockport forum.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:40 pm

Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:35 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:32 pm
Fair enough. Set up a Stockport forum.
And was that the response to people who criticised either of those two managers?

Evatt has seemed somewhat unstable of late and I don't think he's any more in credit than the 11 players who promoted us last season off the back of a great run. Touchline bans, absolute hysterical nonsense in his post match's and now this.

I'm a Bolton fan not an Evatt fan and I take a pretty dim view of the player and manager here. And the context we'll never know or understand. But this is the captain who has been picked every single week bar Tuesday. And we go from that to - out the door. In a time when we've lost a number of key first team players. I take issue with anyone who suggests the manager is not at fault in some way for the situation we find ourselves in. Its entirely different if this had rumbled on for weeks but if it has then its an odd snapping point.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:40 pm
I take issue with anyone who suggests the manager is not at fault in some way
Yeah we've noticed.
BWFC_Insane wrote:
this is the captain who has been picked every single week bar Tuesday. And we go from that to - out the door.
Which rather suggests some culpability on the captain's part, no? Or do you think Evatt did it for shits and giggles to the captain he's defended more than most of his players?

If it comes to it, Evatt can hop too.

As you say, we don't know what happened.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:52 pm

Thinking 'press conference in sunglasses' level of fallout if true.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:54 pm

Has to be a browny v Andy Todd job doesn’t it?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:54 pm

He’s far too fecking good for tenth in the conference or whatever the hell they are.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:57 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:54 pm
He’s far too fecking good for tenth in the conference or whatever the hell they are.
Was interesting to hear the home fans when he came on. Most applauded but a fair few booed. They must also have wondered why he left to join a team in a lower division.

I agree that it's odd, and really bad timing, and quite worrying. But on we go.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:57 pm

Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Yeah we've noticed.
BWFC_Insane wrote:
this is the captain who has been picked every single week bar Tuesday. And we go from that to - out the door.
Which rather suggests some culpability on the captain's part, no? Or do you think Evatt did it for shits and giggles to the captain he's defended more than most of his players?

If the Twitter rumours that Sarce isn’t the only one going after a fall out were true….is it still just Sarce’s fault?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:59 pm

Hard to say unless you were there I guess.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:57 pm
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Yeah we've noticed.
BWFC_Insane wrote:

If the Twitter rumours that Sarce isn’t the only one going after a fall out were true….is it still just Sarce’s fault?
How many mutineers would you forgive?

All manner of wild fun on the socials. Kind of interesting to watch.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:05 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:10 pm
I’m sure Evatt and Markham aren’t just doing this for a laugh (if true), they’ll obviously have their reasons for it. Granted, it does seem like a gamble and doesn’t fill me with joy but they’ve got a lot right so far. Trust the process I suppose :conf:
Hate to patronise a younger writer Brommers, but you spelt "burn the witch" wrong :mrgreen:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:11 pm

What the actual f*ck?!

Is it possible to be *inherently* a basket case?!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.